Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When did you start playing 'Lottery Games'

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Wheeler.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
riscknight's avatar - riscknight
Athens
Greece
Member #133234
September 24, 2012
188 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2016, 5:16 am - IP Logged

I've been playing Lotto 6/49 since 1993.

After 3 days after I finished my mandatory service in the Greek Army as a 'Gunner' in Army Tanks, I heard a voice of an old classmate of mine on the TV news; it was about a big jackpot which was split in 3. They 'interviewed' the winners.

I had his home number and I gave him a call; I talked to him, congratulate him and we arranged to go out for a beer. He played 9 numbers - the same numbers every time and he used a system from a program he bought. It was just a 'disk' - a 'floppy disk' and it had Lotto Systems. I also bought the program and I loved it... I got really obsessed about the 'wheels'.

Within a month I started to write my own programs. There was no way turning back; I fell in love with the Lottery. At the age of 45, I still am and I believe that I will always be.

That is my story.

Y'all Take Care, Keep Playing and Believe that Dreams Can Become True...

All The Best and Always Good Luck to You!

6/49 dis(assembly)

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5591 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2016, 8:34 am - IP Logged

I've been playing Lotto 6/49 since 1993.

After 3 days after I finished my mandatory service in the Greek Army as a 'Gunner' in Army Tanks, I heard a voice of an old classmate of mine on the TV news; it was about a big jackpot which was split in 3. They 'interviewed' the winners.

I had his home number and I gave him a call; I talked to him, congratulate him and we arranged to go out for a beer. He played 9 numbers - the same numbers every time and he used a system from a program he bought. It was just a 'disk' - a 'floppy disk' and it had Lotto Systems. I also bought the program and I loved it... I got really obsessed about the 'wheels'.

Within a month I started to write my own programs. There was no way turning back; I fell in love with the Lottery. At the age of 45, I still am and I believe that I will always be.

That is my story.

Y'all Take Care, Keep Playing and Believe that Dreams Can Become True...

All The Best and Always Good Luck to You!

I've been playing since about the mid 1980's.

I was cleaning out my garage a couple months ago and came across some old lotto tix from when I lived in Ohio. In 1985 I got 5 out 6 and won about $900. I think I kept the old tickets for tax purposes and they got tossed in a box and stayed there all these years.

I'll play until the day I die. I have to so maybe I can recover the money I spent. LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
      Member #145267
      August 1, 2013
      1494 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2016, 8:56 am - IP Logged

Question rcbbuckeye,  I also have been playing for a long time, but do you think it is harder today to even win a $1000.00?  I seem to be an expert on winning $1 and $2.00, but twice I have won $150.00.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
        Upstate NY
        United States
        Member #174656
        May 5, 2016
        753 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2016, 10:11 am - IP Logged

3 or 4 times between when I turned 18 and the big powerball I bought a ticket. I never knew there was anything besides quick picks or how the lottery worked until the billion dollar and then I became very interested in it. 

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5591 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2016, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Question rcbbuckeye,  I also have been playing for a long time, but do you think it is harder today to even win a $1000.00?  I seem to be an expert on winning $1 and $2.00, but twice I have won $150.00.

When it comes to any jackpot game with odds over 1 in a million, it's incredibly hard. Heck, even our Cash 5 game with odds of 1 in 435,897 is hard to even hit 2 out of 5.

I think a lot of players today just don't understand the odds of these games and what they're up against.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2016, 11:15 am - IP Logged

back when i was a kid,  mum might send me to the store with our filled out slip and  coin, it was a triplicate, done on carbon paper. 1 for the lotto `1 for the store and one for us. " keep the yellow one  'AND DONT LOSE IT ' "  she would tell me.  So prob 38 ish years ago.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Think's avatar - lightbulb
              Marquette, MI
              United States
              Member #20541
              August 20, 2005
              705 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2016, 11:43 am - IP Logged

The Michigan Lottery started in 1972.

I have been playing in 4 different decades now.

It took 30 years for my 6/xx game numbers to hit for $100.  My Fantasy Five numbers have yet to hit for $100 and they have been very 'dry' for the past year or so.

I know two people who have hit the 6/xx game, one person who hit the daily keno and I have heard about two other people who have hit the Fantasy/Cash Five.  I also have met people who have won up to $500,000 on the instants.

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

Baton Rouge, LA
                United States
                Member #4602
                May 7, 2004
                699 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2016, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

I started playing in 1991 when the lottery first came to Louisiana. We only had scratch-offs then, then we had Lotto. We also later got Powerball, Easy 5, and MegaMillions, and I play them all. I only play the daily Pick 3 and Pick 4 once in a while.

The most I've ever won is $400, but I still have hope.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

lulu1feather's avatar - 2uehclf
                  Oregon
                  United States
                  Member #168137
                  August 17, 2015
                  124 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2016, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

10 Years, 3 Months, 21 Days since I bought my first ticket on my 18th birthday. There aren't many things I have stuck with for a decade, but I don't see an end in sight... unless I win a large jackpot. A girl can dream.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10345 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2016, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

In 1970 I was stationed in Germany and played the Hessen lotto (6/49) until I left there in 1973. 

Didn't play again until I was living in Las Vegas and made trips to Nipton, CA - this was pre-Primm.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Bronx, NY
                      United States
                      Member #164554
                      March 6, 2015
                      786 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2016, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Sixteen years and counting I will play until the day I die, I love the lottery it keeps me entertained all day and night. I am from NY so I follow all the games except quick draw and scratch offs , plus work and my children I am very busy all day long keep track and updating charts I love my smartphone and LP it has made the lottery more enjoyable. I love my hobby.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7297 Posts
                        Posted: July 7, 2016, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing since about the mid 1980's.

I was cleaning out my garage a couple months ago and came across some old lotto tix from when I lived in Ohio. In 1985 I got 5 out 6 and won about $900. I think I kept the old tickets for tax purposes and they got tossed in a box and stayed there all these years.

I'll play until the day I die. I have to so maybe I can recover the money I spent. LOL.

Do you remember Omar Watts?

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
                          Athens
                          Greece
                          Member #133234
                          September 24, 2012
                          188 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2016, 4:16 am - IP Logged

We all need dreams and if we try hard enough... they could become true!

Thank you all for sharing!

It is very interesting and pleasant to read your posts and learn how you all folks got started :-)

Never give up and always the best of luck no matter which lottery game you play!

6/49 dis(assembly)

Ricklou's avatar - majestic lion.jpg

South Africa
                            Member #129822
                            June 28, 2012
                            360 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2016, 4:56 am - IP Logged

21 Yrs ago........I won R450 000 (Equals to +- $28000) which was on Pb I had 5/5 and my pb was out.Closest I got to a jp win. Close but no cigar

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                              Member #165244
                              March 30, 2015
                              227 Posts
                              Posted: July 8, 2016, 5:28 am - IP Logged

Approximately 5 years ago when I really really started to dislike my job...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...