Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OK Someone hit the MM jackpot.

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 5 months ago by ArizonaDream.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How do you feel about that?

Happy for them [ 25 ]  [44.64%]
Want to ring their neck [ 1 ]  [1.79%]
Glad. Now I can forget about that one for a while [ 6 ]  [10.71%]
Pissed. My dreams are shattered [ 4 ]  [7.14%]
Bummed. I wanted the JP to go higher [ 7 ]  [12.50%]
No opinion. That's life in lotoland [ 13 ]  [23.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
Green Bay
United States
Member #169391
October 15, 2015
1239 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2016, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I opted for number 3.  Before Tuesdays drawing I bought one QP.  Before Fridays drawing I bought 5 QP's.  Heaven knows how many I would have bought if they didn't win.  LOL

Never give up.  Banana

United States
    Member #170707
    December 13, 2015
    185 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2016, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

When I went to buy. The clerk offered be 5 tickets that he printed by mistake. I purchased the mistake tickets and it turned out to be a mistake as I lost $5.00

$5.00 buys ALOT at Popeye's, McDonald's, Wendy's , KFC, Burger King and a whole lot more at Taco Bell!Lurking

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
      Green Bay
      United States
      Member #169391
      October 15, 2015
      1239 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2016, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

When I went to buy. The clerk offered be 5 tickets that he printed by mistake. I purchased the mistake tickets and it turned out to be a mistake as I lost $5.00

$5.00 buys ALOT at Popeye's, McDonald's, Wendy's , KFC, Burger King and a whole lot more at Taco Bell!Lurking

Yea, but what if that mistake ticket had the winning numbers?  You could have bought Taco Bell.

Never give up.  Banana

United States
        Member #170707
        December 13, 2015
        185 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2016, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Yea, but what if that mistake ticket had the winning numbers?  You could have bought Taco Bell.

Not just Taco Bell. The entire Food Court!Hyper

United States
          Member #106134
          February 13, 2011
          806 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2016, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Pissed lol they won my Mega Millions!  Pot blockers! lol

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
            Member #138729
            February 4, 2013
            2866 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2016, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Happy for them!

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
            MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
            Click me
            Open to EVERYONE- Click me

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40296 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2016, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Just pretend the mistake tickets were McTickets, dip them in special sauce.Coffee

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #169723
                October 29, 2015
                877 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2016, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

If you got 5 tickets and if these tickets were for Power Ball....then wouldn't your cost have been $10 and not $5?

Are you sure you purchased 5 tickets for Power Ball?

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                  Mcminnville, Oregon
                  United States
                  Member #3013
                  December 13, 2003
                  3047 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2016, 12:06 am - IP Logged

I picked no opinion thats life in lottoland because someone usually wins I just wish that one or two of my tickets would win once in a while and for a big prize.  Been waiting for powerball to spit out a winner since 1996 and mega millions since 2010 here in oregon.-weshar75

US Flag

lulu1feather's avatar - 2uehclf
                    Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #168137
                    August 17, 2015
                    124 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2016, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I picked no opinion thats life in lottoland because someone usually wins I just wish that one or two of my tickets would win once in a while and for a big prize.  Been waiting for powerball to spit out a winner since 1996 and mega millions since 2010 here in oregon.-weshar75

US Flag

I, too, feel like Oregons due to spit out a winner. Even a million dollar winner or two would be nice.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19743 Posts
                      Posted: July 11, 2016, 3:51 am - IP Logged

I'm Happy for all Lottery WinnersPartyGo get your Money.Party

Let it Snow Snowman

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49642 Posts
                        Posted: July 11, 2016, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Ring their Neck:

Wring their Neck:

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: July 12, 2016, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

If it's not me then it's unlikely I know them or will ever meet them so why should I have any feelings about them at all?

I have enough problems dealing with my feelings about the people I know and meet everyday. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #50502
                            March 7, 2007
                            7 Posts
                            Posted: July 12, 2016, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

On Saturday I stopped at my favorite lottery place to buy tickets for Saturday Powerball and Cash 5, I was amused by a lady who came in buying gas, she overheard the cashier and myself talking about the lucky mega winner and she promptly said "I think the winners of these big jackpots should have to share the winnings with everyone and not get to keep it".

I said "did you buy a ticket? I wouldn't buy tickets if I was going to be forced into giving away my winnings and I doubt anyone else would either"

I then ask her why did she think she was entitled to the winnings of anyone who won? 

She said nothing else but if looks could kill I wouldn't be posting this and she stormed out of the store,  stupid people!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19816 Posts
                              Posted: July 12, 2016, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

On Saturday I stopped at my favorite lottery place to buy tickets for Saturday Powerball and Cash 5, I was amused by a lady who came in buying gas, she overheard the cashier and myself talking about the lucky mega winner and she promptly said "I think the winners of these big jackpots should have to share the winnings with everyone and not get to keep it".

I said "did you buy a ticket? I wouldn't buy tickets if I was going to be forced into giving away my winnings and I doubt anyone else would either"

I then ask her why did she think she was entitled to the winnings of anyone who won? 

She said nothing else but if looks could kill I wouldn't be posting this and she stormed out of the store,  stupid people!

"she promptly said "I think the winners of these big jackpots should have to share the winnings with everyone and not get to keep it"."

A lot of people who don't buy lottery tickets think that way.  Some years back before PB and Big Game came to the area Ohio had a game "Super Lotto" that paid jackpots of $70M+ that was played by Ohioians and many out of state players from neighboring states.  People got mad about so many out of state winners taking home jackpots that they convinced the state to limit the amounts that one ticket could win regardless of the jackpot amounts and people stopped playing and the game died.  People who think that way don't play lotteries.

Powerball had a similar idea one time, fortunately the idea died and the game continued.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking