Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OK Someone hit the MM jackpot.

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 5 months ago by ArizonaDream.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How do you feel about that?

Happy for them [ 25 ]  [44.64%]
Want to ring their neck [ 1 ]  [1.79%]
Glad. Now I can forget about that one for a while [ 6 ]  [10.71%]
Pissed. My dreams are shattered [ 4 ]  [7.14%]
Bummed. I wanted the JP to go higher [ 7 ]  [12.50%]
No opinion. That's life in lotoland [ 13 ]  [23.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
Member #52345
May 21, 2007
2659 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2016, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

On Saturday I stopped at my favorite lottery place to buy tickets for Saturday Powerball and Cash 5, I was amused by a lady who came in buying gas, she overheard the cashier and myself talking about the lucky mega winner and she promptly said "I think the winners of these big jackpots should have to share the winnings with everyone and not get to keep it".

I said "did you buy a ticket? I wouldn't buy tickets if I was going to be forced into giving away my winnings and I doubt anyone else would either"

I then ask her why did she think she was entitled to the winnings of anyone who won? 

She said nothing else but if looks could kill I wouldn't be posting this and she stormed out of the store,  stupid people!

Green laughgotta love people like that... bug up thar respective 6 and an empty holster

United States
    Member #170707
    December 13, 2015
    185 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2016, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Will there be a new winner tonight?

LA Ca.
      United States
      Member #172750
      February 3, 2016
      88 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2016, 2:00 am - IP Logged

I picked "hoped the JP went higher". It keeps the dream alive...

Each drawing it can be either:

Bad news: I didn't win, someone else did

Or

Bad news AND good news: I didn't win, but neither did anyone else...

United States
        Member #175910
        July 10, 2016
        40 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2016, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

On Saturday I stopped at my favorite lottery place to buy tickets for Saturday Powerball and Cash 5, I was amused by a lady who came in buying gas, she overheard the cashier and myself talking about the lucky mega winner and she promptly said "I think the winners of these big jackpots should have to share the winnings with everyone and not get to keep it".

I said "did you buy a ticket? I wouldn't buy tickets if I was going to be forced into giving away my winnings and I doubt anyone else would either"

I then ask her why did she think she was entitled to the winnings of anyone who won? 

She said nothing else but if looks could kill I wouldn't be posting this and she stormed out of the store,  stupid people!

Share? In theory while the application often lacks, this is why they raise taxes to distribute for the common good. And, what the lottery does with their part and the taxes on the big winners are for. Roll Eyes

Welcomes her to America. PatriotLOL

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
          Member #169277
          October 10, 2015
          630 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2016, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

I like seeing people win. It makes think someday I will be in their shoes myself.