Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Power Ball Test Draws

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 4 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #166751
June 6, 2015
17 Posts
Posted: July 28, 2016, 3:05 am - IP Logged

Has anyone noticed on the PB site that they are no longer either doing or publishing post draw tests? (yet they are still publishing pre tests) ?

Makes you wonder why the sudden change (did they not like the post test draw numbers or did they just stop doing post draws or maybe they just want to get home right away Smiley

And for those people who play PB trends it never makes any logical sense to me how you can even call any numbers a trend if you are not including the pre and post test numbers. Without those pre and post test numbers a person is  missing about 90 percent of the "trend" data to look at.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
    United States
    Member #4924
    June 3, 2004
    5893 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2016, 5:13 am - IP Logged

Has anyone noticed on the PB site that they are no longer either doing or publishing post draw tests? (yet they are still publishing pre tests) ?

Makes you wonder why the sudden change (did they not like the post test draw numbers or did they just stop doing post draws or maybe they just want to get home right away Smiley

And for those people who play PB trends it never makes any logical sense to me how you can even call any numbers a trend if you are not including the pre and post test numbers. Without those pre and post test numbers a person is  missing about 90 percent of the "trend" data to look at.

Do you have a link? Did you ask them that question?

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      877 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2016, 10:02 am - IP Logged

The subject of pre-test draw results is not a new topic on Lottery Post. It has been discussed for many years. 

I found this thread from 8 years ago that talks about pre-test draw results.

Pre-test draw results, Do we Have the right to know what they were?

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

United States
        Member #166751
        June 6, 2015
        17 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2016, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I thought I posted responses to both of you earlier today but seems they didn't go through. (perhaps I missed a final step in posting)

Maybe because I posted the link you asked for carbob.

Thank you meatman for linking the prior discussion.

carbob no, I didn't write musl. Since I am unsure if I can post links go to the powerball web site  and on the numbers page, scroll down to the little red dot and click that on to see the test draws.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
          ORLANDO, FLORIDA
          United States
          Member #4924
          June 3, 2004
          5893 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2016, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

I thought I posted responses to both of you earlier today but seems they didn't go through. (perhaps I missed a final step in posting)

Maybe because I posted the link you asked for carbob.

Thank you meatman for linking the prior discussion.

carbob no, I didn't write musl. Since I am unsure if I can post links go to the powerball web site  and on the numbers page, scroll down to the little red dot and click that on to see the test draws.

Thanks for response. I see no contact us button. I downloaded past draws with test draws and I see they must have did as you described. Either they stopped or quit publishing the post draw, which doesn't make sense.

Brooklyn, NY
            United States
            Member #169723
            October 29, 2015
            877 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2016, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

They really don't make it easy to find. I finally found the little red dot .  and saw all of the pre-test drawing results.  http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_nbr_history.asp

Question: Can't they use unmarked balls that don't have numbers on them if they want to make sure the machine is functioning properly?

Sometimes the same number is drawn in consecutive drawings. That doesn't mean that the machine malfunctioned, it just happened randomly. How does drawing four sets of numbered balls prove that it's totally random?

Is there any known case where they experienced a problem and had to change the ball set that they used in the pre-test drawing when they did the actual drawing?

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
              Member #106923
              February 27, 2011
              476 Posts
              Posted: July 28, 2016, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

They really don't make it easy to find. I finally found the little red dot .  and saw all of the pre-test drawing results.  http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_nbr_history.asp

Question: Can't they use unmarked balls that don't have numbers on them if they want to make sure the machine is functioning properly?

Sometimes the same number is drawn in consecutive drawings. That doesn't mean that the machine malfunctioned, it just happened randomly. How does drawing four sets of numbered balls prove that it's totally random?

Is there any known case where they experienced a problem and had to change the ball set that they used in the pre-test drawing when they did the actual drawing?

As info, the link you posted goes to the Powerball Historical Winning Numbers, not pre-test drawings.

As far as unmarked balls, they would verify the machine functionality, however numbers are required to verify patterns do not exist (i.e. certain numbers appearing more than the tolerance).  This is where four sets of balls are also involved.  If one set repeats numbers frequently but the other three sets do not then something is askew with the one set of balls.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

United States
                Member #166751
                June 6, 2015
                17 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2016, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

jim it is there

it says

available in 2 formats

word and plain text, look closer

the link posted is correct

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                  Member #106923
                  February 27, 2011
                  476 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2016, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

jim it is there

it says

available in 2 formats

word and plain text, look closer

the link posted is correct

I clicked the word and plain text links and each opens up a historical list of winning numbers but not pre-draws.

Brooklyn, NY
                    United States
                    Member #169723
                    October 29, 2015
                    877 Posts
                    Posted: July 28, 2016, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

I clicked the word and plain text links and each opens up a historical list of winning numbers but not pre-draws.

Follow the link I pasted into the tread. That takes you to the Powerball historical numbers page. 

At the bottom of the page is a rectangular box. The words are in really small letters. At the end of the last word inside the box is a little red dot. That is what you click on to open the pre-test numbers. 

If you click on the red dot on this page, it will take you there.

Every attempt is made to ensure that this list of numbers is accurate, the official winning numbers are recorded in the official draw files as certified by an independent accounting firm. Winning numbers are not official until confirmed by an independent accounting firm. 

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/testpb.doc  <--- CLICK HERE for pre-test draw

The Meatman

United States
                      Member #106923
                      February 27, 2011
                      476 Posts
                      Posted: July 28, 2016, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Follow the link I pasted into the tread. That takes you to the Powerball historical numbers page. 

At the bottom of the page is a rectangular box. The words are in really small letters. At the end of the last word inside the box is a little red dot. That is what you click on to open the pre-test numbers. 

If you click on the red dot on this page, it will take you there.

Every attempt is made to ensure that this list of numbers is accurate, the official winning numbers are recorded in the official draw files as certified by an independent accounting firm. Winning numbers are not official until confirmed by an independent accounting firm. 

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/testpb.doc  <--- CLICK HERE for pre-test draw

Got it from your link!  Thanks MM.  The little red ball on my page doesn't link to the pre-test draws, it links to the historical site.  Probably something I'm missing.  Eyes are not great on extremely fine print.

Brooklyn, NY
                        United States
                        Member #169723
                        October 29, 2015
                        877 Posts
                        Posted: July 28, 2016, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Got it from your link!  Thanks MM.  The little red ball on my page doesn't link to the pre-test draws, it links to the historical site.  Probably something I'm missing.  Eyes are not great on extremely fine print.

Good. You're welcome.

I had copied the link to the wrong page. They both have a box with a red dot,

This link takes you to the page with the pre-test draws...red dot

Every attempt is made to ensure that this list of numbers is accurate, the official winning numbers are recorded in the official draw files as certified by an independent accounting firm. Winning numbers are not official until confirmed by the auditing firm of Carroll and Company, CPAs.  Click here if you are having trouble seeing the most recent numbers. 

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_numbers.asp

The Meatman

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
                          Member #164727
                          March 12, 2015
                          2509 Posts
                          Posted: July 28, 2016, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Without those pre and post test numbers a person is  missing about 90 percent of the "trend" data to look at.

Five STARS !

I don't even want or care what the pre and post test results are, I just want them to stop performing them.. They want to augment the trend in order to prevent potential trend watchers from winning often, so you're presumption is correct in a way.

As far as the security issues, they're not improving security in any way... It's an effing scam, PERIOD!

Look at history and you'll see more injustice than your stomach can handle. What makes people think it stopped all of a sudden? What recent Breaking News item did I miss? Green laugh

Brooklyn, NY
                            United States
                            Member #169723
                            October 29, 2015
                            877 Posts
                            Posted: July 28, 2016, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Why is there a bug on my monitor?

The Meatman

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
                              Member #164727
                              March 12, 2015
                              2509 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2016, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Why is there a bug on my monitor?

Better run a scan...ROFL