Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Void checkbox on play slips

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 4 months ago by dr65.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you use the void checkbox on Play slips and the reason why you use it?

I use the void checkbox [ 8 ]  [29.63%]
I do not use the void checkbox [ 7 ]  [25.93%]
Sometimes I use the void checkbox [ 12 ]  [44.44%]
Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
maxodds's avatar - max
Jupiter, FL
United States
Member #154501
April 18, 2014
74 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2016, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I use it to void tickets that are not likely to play on the next draw based on what happened on the previous draw.

We could all win the lottery today!

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1244 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2016, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I never use the void box.  Every time I pick new numbers on the game I play (which is daily based on the previous days numbers), I fill out a new play slip.  That way there's no chance of problems, also, using a new play slip every day is my way of socking it to the Wisconsin lottery.  Keep printing baby.  LOL

Never give up.  Banana

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      877 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2016, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

The only reason I would use the "void" box on a play slip is if I made a mistake in filling out the play slip and didn't want to start over to fill out another one.

For example: The play slip has 5 games on it and I have already filled in 3. As I start filling in the fourth game, I make a mistake. Simple solution, fill in the void box and continue with the next game panel. That way I don't have to re-do the first three games again.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

maxodds's avatar - max
        Jupiter, FL
        United States
        Member #154501
        April 18, 2014
        74 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2016, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Ok I think, and this is only my view, you are throwing money away on tickets that might not play, and this is my reason below.

There is a pattern i like to call Odd Even Sequence. For example for a number in the 5/39 game of 1, 9, 20, 23, 38, the odd even sequence for this is odd,odd,even,odd,even. Studying past results shows that only on average on 2 percent of the time the same odd even sequence is drawn. So if I am play a bunch of tickets I normally void out tickets that have the same Odd Even Sequence as the last drawing.

Similar patterns can be noted also and voided for the next draws.

maxodds's avatar - max
          Jupiter, FL
          United States
          Member #154501
          April 18, 2014
          74 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2016, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

I never use the void box.  Every time I pick new numbers on the game I play (which is daily based on the previous days numbers), I fill out a new play slip.  That way there's no chance of problems, also, using a new play slip every day is my way of socking it to the Wisconsin lottery.  Keep printing baby.  LOL

I normally buy anywhere from 20 to 120 tickets, that would be time consuming for me, but hey if that's your way of sticking it to the man, by all means.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
            Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4866 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2016, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

The only reason I would use the "void" box on a play slip is if I made a mistake in filling out the play slip and didn't want to start over to fill out another one.

For example: The play slip has 5 games on it and I have already filled in 3. As I start filling in the fourth game, I make a mistake. Simple solution, fill in the void box and continue with the next game panel. That way I don't have to re-do the first three games again.

I Agree!  I do the same thing.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: August 1, 2016, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Sometimes I write PAY ME in a game box, void it, and fill out another game box.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
                Upstate NY
                United States
                Member #174656
                May 5, 2016
                755 Posts
                Posted: August 1, 2016, 1:28 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  The Void box is designed so that you wouldn't need to fill in a whole new slip. My only problem with slips is that you can't get them into separate tickets without filling out 1 game panel on multiple slips. I don't know about other states but in NY, you Technically are only allowed one prize per ticket so if i have 5 combo's on a ticket and they all have the same mega ball and it wins, i can only get 1 dollar because it only allows one prize per ticket. Most places I've been to don't follow that rule and give what i deserve, except the place i have to go to in college, those greedy pigs.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #77167
                  July 15, 2009
                  555 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2016, 5:08 am - IP Logged

If I use frequent numbers I will sometimes void the last one and use the same slip for my new line. I try to keep blank play slips but sometimes forget to pick up more.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #129225
                    June 13, 2012
                    546 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2016, 11:54 am - IP Logged

I must be the only environmentalist here.  I always void and re-use until I have used all 5 lines on the playslip.  And for my regular numbers I use the same slips over and over until they are rejected by the machine.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                      United States
                      Member #4924
                      June 3, 2004
                      5896 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2016, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I must be the only environmentalist here.  I always void and re-use until I have used all 5 lines on the playslip.  And for my regular numbers I use the same slips over and over until they are rejected by the machine.

So do I. When I change my mind about playing a number, I void it.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                        Winning makes me smile.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        4866 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2016, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  The Void box is designed so that you wouldn't need to fill in a whole new slip. My only problem with slips is that you can't get them into separate tickets without filling out 1 game panel on multiple slips. I don't know about other states but in NY, you Technically are only allowed one prize per ticket so if i have 5 combo's on a ticket and they all have the same mega ball and it wins, i can only get 1 dollar because it only allows one prize per ticket. Most places I've been to don't follow that rule and give what i deserve, except the place i have to go to in college, those greedy pigs.

If you go to the store and get 5 QP's they should ask if you want same ticket or separate tickets.

If you get 5 self picks on a play slip and all 5 hit the bonus ball you should get paid for all 5.

I think you may be misinterpreting the one prize per ticket rule. What that means is this, if you have 4 numbers and the bonus ball, you get the prize for 4 numbers with the bonus ball. Not one prize for 4 numbers and one prize for the bonus ball.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Upstate NY
                          United States
                          Member #174656
                          May 5, 2016
                          755 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:10 am - IP Logged

If you go to the store and get 5 QP's they should ask if you want same ticket or separate tickets.

If you get 5 self picks on a play slip and all 5 hit the bonus ball you should get paid for all 5.

I think you may be misinterpreting the one prize per ticket rule. What that means is this, if you have 4 numbers and the bonus ball, you get the prize for 4 numbers with the bonus ball. Not one prize for 4 numbers and one prize for the bonus ball.

They don't ask, you have to tell them and playslips you CAN'T get them on separate tickets

You should, but depending on the place, you won't.

You are only entitled to one prize for each ticket. If i match 4+1 on a line and on a different line on the same ticket i match 4 +0 for a MM ticket, i'll get $5,000 NOT $5,500 because you can only receive one prize. I am not misinterpreting anything, the F ing rules are the rules, only 1 prize per ticket irregardless of how many prizes are on it. Check the back of your playslip the next time you buy it because it might just be a NY thing or it might be across a lot of states.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                            ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                            United States
                            Member #4924
                            June 3, 2004
                            5896 Posts
                            Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

They don't ask, you have to tell them and playslips you CAN'T get them on separate tickets

You should, but depending on the place, you won't.

You are only entitled to one prize for each ticket. If i match 4+1 on a line and on a different line on the same ticket i match 4 +0 for a MM ticket, i'll get $5,000 NOT $5,500 because you can only receive one prize. I am not misinterpreting anything, the F ing rules are the rules, only 1 prize per ticket irregardless of how many prizes are on it. Check the back of your playslip the next time you buy it because it might just be a NY thing or it might be across a lot of states.

Post a copy of the ticket, I think you are wrong. I have had on a Fl Fantasy 5 ticket, 2 4's + 2 3's & a free ticket. I got paid for each one. They can not cheat you out of money.

Upstate NY
                              United States
                              Member #174656
                              May 5, 2016
                              755 Posts
                              Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Post a copy of the ticket, I think you are wrong. I have had on a Fl Fantasy 5 ticket, 2 4's + 2 3's & a free ticket. I got paid for each one. They can not cheat you out of money.

I have no idea how to post an image on here. It's not a ticket, it's the playslip. You are an idiot, the Florida lottery has no bearing on what happens in NY. It says clearly on the back The back of the playslip says "The holder of a winning ticket may win only one prize per game panel in connection with the winning numbers drawn, but shall be entitled to the highest prize won by those numbers." It's not cheating because that's the rules. Tell us the last time you looked in the back of a playslip, probably never.