Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Void checkbox on play slips

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 4 months ago by dr65.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you use the void checkbox on Play slips and the reason why you use it?

I use the void checkbox [ 8 ]  [29.63%]
I do not use the void checkbox [ 7 ]  [25.93%]
Sometimes I use the void checkbox [ 12 ]  [44.44%]
Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #129225
June 13, 2012
546 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

I have no idea how to post an image on here. It's not a ticket, it's the playslip. You are an idiot, the Florida lottery has no bearing on what happens in NY. It says clearly on the back The back of the playslip says "The holder of a winning ticket may win only one prize per game panel in connection with the winning numbers drawn, but shall be entitled to the highest prize won by those numbers." It's not cheating because that's the rules. Tell us the last time you looked in the back of a playslip, probably never.

You are so wrong!!  Each playslip has 5 game panels!  You can only win one prize per panel not playslip.  You could win on all 5 lines different prizes.  If you win the powerball and 4 numbers on one panel (or line) you will get that prize.  Go to the NY lottery and read the rules!!

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #169723
    October 29, 2015
    877 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2016, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I have no idea how to post an image on here. It's not a ticket, it's the playslip. You are an idiot, the Florida lottery has no bearing on what happens in NY. It says clearly on the back The back of the playslip says "The holder of a winning ticket may win only one prize per game panel in connection with the winning numbers drawn, but shall be entitled to the highest prize won by those numbers." It's not cheating because that's the rules. Tell us the last time you looked in the back of a playslip, probably never.

This is a scan of the back of both MM & PB play cards from NY State.

Yes, it states... "The holder of a winning ticket may win only one prize per game panel in connection with the winning numbers drawn, but shall be entitled to the highest prize won by those numbers." The key word is "GAME PANEL". 

Each play card has 5 game panels. Each game panel is 1 game. You can fill out 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5. 

If you win on each line, you will receive payment for each one, NOT just ONE!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19767 Posts
      Posted: August 3, 2016, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Yes, it states... "The holder of a winning ticket may win only one prize per game panel in connection with the winning numbers drawn, but shall be entitled to the highest prize won by those numbers." The key word is "GAME PANEL". 

Each play card has 5 game panels. Each game panel is 1 game. You can fill out 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5. 

Nice Job!

Let it Snow Snowman

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
        Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #169723
        October 29, 2015
        877 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2016, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Nice Job!

Thank you

Thinking of...

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
          Upstate NY
          United States
          Member #174656
          May 5, 2016
          754 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2016, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Ok then. I got cheated out of a $1 but whatever. Thanks.

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
            Member #138729
            February 4, 2013
            2867 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2016, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

The only reason I would use the "void" box on a play slip is if I made a mistake in filling out the play slip and didn't want to start over to fill out another one.

For example: The play slip has 5 games on it and I have already filled in 3. As I start filling in the fourth game, I make a mistake. Simple solution, fill in the void box and continue with the next game panel. That way I don't have to re-do the first three games again.

I Agree!

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
            MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
            Click me
            Open to EVERYONE- Click me

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22872 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2016, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

"....may win only one prize per panel...."

Wow, they have to spell that out? So if you get the MB or PB they are saying if you got 4 plus the powerball,
              you can't claim all the prizes below the top on the SAME panel...I guess some things need to be beyond black
              and white.

PA does not have void boxes, they tell you if you make a mistake get a new slip...
              They refer you to the website for any gray areas that won't fit on the play slip...
              The play slips remind you that they are not proof of play...
              They say tickets cannot be cancelled ok...and also say that all sales are final...
              They give you the number for the PA lottery..that's handy. I was once so mad at a store, I was on the line and a
              store manager was on the line to the same department, I could hear his conversation to the person he was talking
              to in the background of who I was talking to...mad changed hands pretty quick. I left smug and satisfied. So for how
              big PA Lottery seems, their claims office is very small.