Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball increases above the minimum on the first roll

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 4 months ago by ressuccess.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
South Carolina
United States
Member #77167
July 15, 2009
555 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2016, 6:19 am - IP Logged

Mega Millions back in June went up only 9 Million on a 250+ million jackpot roll. Tonight if it rolls it'll go from 30M to 38M. What the hell is going on with these fast moving jackpots? Looks like the slow increase season has ended. 

Maybe more people are playing because they see small jackpots have been won.  Huge jackpots where no one is winning turns some people off.  They want to play a game they have a chance of winning.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
    Philadelphia, PA
    United States
    Member #153774
    March 24, 2014
    867 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2016, 10:39 am - IP Logged

https://youtu.be/ywIAyl0fpPk?t=44

He clearly says 38 Million. The jackpot, if it rolls, is going to go above the 5 million minimum.

I was working and didn't see that and get to watch but that is shocking.  Weird part is most people don't pay attention to it.    That is the estimated value and cash is probably $26 million.  So then the next amt if no one hits is $48 million or $50 mill mark. 

I need to look at numbers that everyone plays.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
      Upstate NY
      United States
      Member #174656
      May 5, 2016
      755 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2016, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Maybe more people are playing because they see small jackpots have been won.  Huge jackpots where no one is winning turns some people off.  They want to play a game they have a chance of winning.

Generally i don't really consider the "people want more winners" hypothesis but if there was ever data to show it this would be it. The road to 1B is looking shorter and shorter.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
        Member #93164
        June 23, 2010
        1322 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2016, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

It just happened. It will be just an estimated draw for this Saturday.

I think that if this Powerball jackpot will be won by this Saturday and then no jackpot winner occurs on in either of the next two draws, then it goes back to $50 million.

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!

Upstate NY
          United States
          Member #174656
          May 5, 2016
          755 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2016, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I think that if this Powerball jackpot will be won by this Saturday and then no jackpot winner occurs on in either of the next two draws, then it goes back to $50 million.

I Agree! But i'd rather Dance with my giant ceremonial check for 400+ Million ASAP.

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #162631
            January 7, 2015
            503 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2016, 12:21 am - IP Logged

I Agree! But i'd rather Dance with my giant ceremonial check for 400+ Million ASAP.

Thank you, O, King of Earth,  and ALL the others who provide a wealth of detail and insight to our favorite games. I'm wanting to win something so badly, at times I can hardly stand up.

Just the 2nd prize, oh please.

Chattanooga, TN
              United States
              Member #74194
              May 5, 2009
              74 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2016, 12:32 am - IP Logged

54.6 million by draw time and cash value is still over 69% of annuity.

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
                Philadelphia, PA
                United States
                Member #153774
                March 24, 2014
                867 Posts
                Posted: August 7, 2016, 1:31 am - IP Logged

Could it be a result of the past winning drawings?   Mega millions a few weeks ago when $25 million was hit on 2 tickets.

Upstate NY
                  United States
                  Member #174656
                  May 5, 2016
                  755 Posts
                  Posted: August 7, 2016, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, O, King of Earth,  and ALL the others who provide a wealth of detail and insight to our favorite games. I'm wanting to win something so badly, at times I can hardly stand up.

Just the 2nd prize, oh please.

Cheers

Upstate NY
                    United States
                    Member #174656
                    May 5, 2016
                    755 Posts
                    Posted: August 7, 2016, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Could it be a result of the past winning drawings?   Mega millions a few weeks ago when $25 million was hit on 2 tickets.

The $25M was won by a single ticket. The 15M jackpot after it was the one that got claimed by two tickets.

Upstate NY
                      United States
                      Member #174656
                      May 5, 2016
                      755 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2016, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions back in June went up only 9 Million on a 250+ million jackpot roll. Tonight if it rolls it'll go from 30M to 38M. What the hell is going on with these fast moving jackpots? Looks like the slow increase season has ended. 

The jackpot if it rolls will only increase 7 Million. Anyone wanna guess whether this means the fast moving jackpot will slow down or that it increasing above the minimum again means it'll speed up? ROLL ROLL ROLL and don't stop until it hits 1B!

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                        Member #93164
                        June 23, 2010
                        1322 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2016, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

The $25M was won by a single ticket. The 15M jackpot after it was the one that got claimed by two tickets.

When Mega Millions had that $15 million dollars jackpot on July 22nd, 2016, there were 2 tickets had won the jackpot. If the Mega Ball wasn't 7, then it would've been $20 million dollars immediately. Right now, Powerball went from $67.6 million ($46.5 million cash option) to about $82 million estimated with a cash option of $56.9 million.

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!