Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many tickets do you buy for each drawing?

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 3 months ago by LottoAce.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How many tickets do you buy for each drawing?

1 ticket for every drawing [ 9 ]  [19.57%]
2 tickets [ 6 ]  [13.04%]
3 - 5 tickets [ 12 ]  [26.09%]
6 - 10 tickets [ 4 ]  [8.70%]
10 or more [ 5 ]  [10.87%]
Usually 1, but more when jackpot is high [ 7 ]  [15.22%]
I don't buy any until jackpot is over $200 mil [ 3 ]  [6.52%]
Total Valid Votes [ 46 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
877 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2016, 9:06 am - IP Logged

Some people buy one ticket for each drawing. Some people buy multiple tickets for each drawing. Some people wait until the jackpot is over a certain amount before buying tickets.

What games do you buy tickets for and how many do you buy?

It takes only ONE ticket to win. 

I buy 1 MM, 1 PB, 1 NY Lotto, and 1 C4L. Sometimes I will buy a Take5 (1/39) or Pick 10 (keno type game 6-10/80). I don't usually play pick 3 or pick 4.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1245 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2016, 10:42 am - IP Logged

For games like powerball and mega millions, when I play, I usually only buy one ticket.  For games with lower odds, like Wisconsin supercash, I usually run my numbers (which I change daily depending the the previous days draw) multiple times.  The jackpot is 350K and they allow up to 20 winners per day.

Never give up.  Banana

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2016, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Generally 2 each for both PB & MM. l only play our Superlotto Plus game when it gets over $15 mil . This may sound strange but even with better odds, SLP rarely gives me anything back, however PB does from time to time- small stuff, nothing to call grandma about. Perhaps this is fortuitous of me winning the PB jackpot. Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
        Upstate NY
        United States
        Member #174656
        May 5, 2016
        755 Posts
        Posted: August 9, 2016, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Some people buy one ticket for each drawing. Some people buy multiple tickets for each drawing. Some people wait until the jackpot is over a certain amount before buying tickets.

What games do you buy tickets for and how many do you buy?

It takes only ONE ticket to win. 

I buy 1 MM, 1 PB, 1 NY Lotto, and 1 C4L. Sometimes I will buy a Take5 (1/39) or Pick 10 (keno type game 6-10/80). I don't usually play pick 3 or pick 4.

I buy MM and/or Powerball when they're high. If neither is high, i either save my money or i occasionally buy a Numbers (P3) ticket.

Tulsa
          United States
          Member #172877
          February 7, 2016
          131 Posts
          Posted: August 9, 2016, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

I play with 2 friends and each of us usually buys one ticket apiece for each MM and PB draw.  Now, I oftentimes buy more than one but for us to split the money as we have previously agreed to, each person must buy one ticket.  I tell myself to just get one ticket per draw but it is tough.  :)

United States
            Member #169911
            November 6, 2015
            57 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2016, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Most of the time I buy 3 tickets per draw say on MM and PB.  I don't play every draw just a couple of times each month.  I haven't played too much megaplier/multiplier, I forget is it $1 extra dollar per ticket so if you have 3 tickets it's' a dollar extra more each?  So if you bought $3 in MM and wanted to add megaplier/multiplier for each ticket it would $6 total?

Brooklyn, NY
              United States
              Member #169723
              October 29, 2015
              877 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2016, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I play with 2 friends and each of us usually buys one ticket apiece for each MM and PB draw.  Now, I oftentimes buy more than one but for us to split the money as we have previously agreed to, each person must buy one ticket.  I tell myself to just get one ticket per draw but it is tough.  :)

A solution to that problem is for each of you to take turns buying a 3 game ticket. That way, the 3 game ticket is for the group and any other tickets purchased individually would not be considered group tickets.

It may cause you to lose two friends if you win on your ticket(s) and don't share with them.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Tulsa
                United States
                Member #172877
                February 7, 2016
                131 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2016, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

A solution to that problem is for each of you to take turns buying a 3 game ticket. That way, the 3 game ticket is for the group and any other tickets purchased individually would not be considered group tickets.

It may cause you to lose two friends if you win on your ticket(s) and don't share with them.

I understand those concerns.  However, one of those two people I play with is like a brother to me.  I am actually the one that holds our lottery tickets 90% of the time as he gives me money to buy his part and I get them.  The other person is a friend of mine and he actually agreed to a lesser share if we win and portioning us out that same share if he is the winner.  I work with him and trust him.  Now, can anything happen when it comes to money?  Yes, it can!  You just have to play with the right people and hope that it all comes out as it is agreed upon.  We also have text messages between each other discussing our agreements.  I can only hope that one day I have to worry about splitting money or it will end up being much ado about nothing.

Brooklyn, NY
                  United States
                  Member #169723
                  October 29, 2015
                  877 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2016, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I understand those concerns.  However, one of those two people I play with is like a brother to me.  I am actually the one that holds our lottery tickets 90% of the time as he gives me money to buy his part and I get them.  The other person is a friend of mine and he actually agreed to a lesser share if we win and portioning us out that same share if he is the winner.  I work with him and trust him.  Now, can anything happen when it comes to money?  Yes, it can!  You just have to play with the right people and hope that it all comes out as it is agreed upon.  We also have text messages between each other discussing our agreements.  I can only hope that one day I have to worry about splitting money or it will end up being much ado about nothing.

In that case, stick to the plan. Get group play tickets and save your money not buying any extra. You get three chances for your one dollar and get 1/3 of any winnings.

The Meatman

Tulsa
                    United States
                    Member #172877
                    February 7, 2016
                    131 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2016, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

In that case, stick to the plan. Get group play tickets and save your money not buying any extra. You get three chances for your one dollar and get 1/3 of any winnings.

I tell myself that I am going to do just that but still end up grabbing an extra ticket or two.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                      Member #169277
                      October 10, 2015
                      630 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2016, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Normally, I buy one ticket when I play. Some weeks, none.

MM more often than PB, rarely Lotto. It just depends on how I feel.

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                        Member #154519
                        April 19, 2014
                        243 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2016, 10:08 am - IP Logged

I'm trying to cut back to $1 a week.  I was thinking about putting a scratch off app on my phone to help crave my urges :).

Show me the money!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10351 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2016, 10:12 am - IP Logged

One ticker for the games I play when I do play them.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Tulsa
                            United States
                            Member #172877
                            February 7, 2016
                            131 Posts
                            Posted: August 13, 2016, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

I had 2 mega millions for last night that I had bought a couple of days before.  Anyways, I went to the store last night to grab 2 powerballs for tonight and went ahead and purchased a 3rd mega millions ticket for Friday's draw. Needless to say, I had zero matches on the first two tickets and won my dollar back by matching the mega ball on the 3rd.   You just never know.  Good luck to everyone that is participating in tonight's draw!

United States
                              Member #149820
                              December 9, 2013
                              644 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2016, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

I am in NC and I buy 1 mm 1pb and 1 L4L allthe same numbers and for 4 draws so I can just replay them again when I get paid every 2 weeks