Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Often-requested feature added

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 4 months ago by haymaker.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
877 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2016, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Don't author any topics!

I Agree!Green laugh

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
    JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
    Member #141034
    April 2, 2013
    1408 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2016, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs UpDoes this mean that those posters that are always mad at the world, that have caveman level of comprehension of the written word and virtually rating almost everything 1or 2 stars, now have an indefinite amount of time to go back {after they calmed themselves down}, and change the rating or does it have a time limit like everything else in life?.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23262 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2016, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs UpDoes this mean that those posters that are always mad at the world, that have caveman level of comprehension of the written word and virtually rating almost everything 1or 2 stars, now have an indefinite amount of time to go back {after they calmed themselves down}, and change the rating or does it have a time limit like everything else in life?.

Yes, I've allowed the ratings to be deleted as far back as anyone would like to go.  But you can't re-rate a closed topic.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2016, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd!

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
          JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
          Member #141034
          April 2, 2013
          1408 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2016, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I've allowed the ratings to be deleted as far back as anyone would like to go.  But you can't re-rate a closed topic.

GuitarVery nice.  Thank you.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
            Member #76986
            July 10, 2009
            8035 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2016, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

One of the most common requests I hear from people is to be able to remove a topic rating.  It's easy to accidentally click the wrong number of stars, especially on a phone or other touch screen.

So this morning I finished a new little feature that lets you delete any rating you made.  After deleting a rating, you can either leave it deleted or you can re-rate the topic.

As before, after you rate a topic you can view all of the ratings people have recorded (including your own) by clicking the stars.  But now alongside your rating in the list there is a Delete option that looks like this:

When you click the Delete link, your rating will be instantly deleted.  However, you will need to refresh the page to see the star rating updated on the page and to be able to re-rate the topic.

Aside from the new Delete option for ratings, the text editor has also been updated this morning to the latest release, which contains the usual bug fixes and minor improvements.

YES, YES, YES!  A worldwide YES!  Thanks, Todd! Big Smile

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #59855
              March 29, 2008
              31526 Posts
              Posted: August 14, 2016, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

One of the most common requests I hear from people is to be able to remove a topic rating.  It's easy to accidentally click the wrong number of stars, especially on a phone or other touch screen.

So this morning I finished a new little feature that lets you delete any rating you made.  After deleting a rating, you can either leave it deleted or you can re-rate the topic.

As before, after you rate a topic you can view all of the ratings people have recorded (including your own) by clicking the stars.  But now alongside your rating in the list there is a Delete option that looks like this:

When you click the Delete link, your rating will be instantly deleted.  However, you will need to refresh the page to see the star rating updated on the page and to be able to re-rate the topic.

Aside from the new Delete option for ratings, the text editor has also been updated this morning to the latest release, which contains the usual bug fixes and minor improvements.

I think that's great!

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                Member #164603
                March 8, 2015
                606 Posts
                Posted: August 15, 2016, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

This is great as sometimes people here get really defensive over accidental ratings.

I don't really use ratings anyway personally, but I have fat fingered the buttons once or twice.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3855 Posts
                  Posted: August 15, 2016, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Great feature Todd.

But I never understood why someone can rate their own thread ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.