Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you used certain numbers related to dates to play the lottery?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 3 months ago by LottoAce.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10353 Posts
Posted: August 22, 2016, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

^

noise-gate, 

Old Vegas joke. A high roller sees a good looking young girl on a roulette game, gives her a $100  chip and says, "Bet your age."

She puts it on 26, the ball lands on 36 and she passes put. 

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: August 22, 2016, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

^

noise-gate, 

Old Vegas joke. A high roller sees a good looking young girl on a roulette game, gives her a $100  chip and says, "Bet your age."

Wink

Green laugh..Something like this huh Coin Image result for long tall gal in a red dress

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Ny
      United States
      Member #167314
      July 5, 2015
      1807 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2016, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

^

noise-gate, 

Wink

haha good one

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40564 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2016, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out! LOL

lol, Number 24, Bob Probert.  Boxing  One of the best.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

larry888's avatar - batman42
          Greensboro NC.
          United States
          Member #134690
          November 3, 2012
          71 Posts
          Posted: August 27, 2016, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

yes , had 865 covered any way  , 862 come out and has never come out in august before ... Oh well ..

Tucson, AZ
            United States
            Member #171763
            January 11, 2016
            2 Posts
            Posted: August 30, 2016, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Preface: I only play MM & PB

This question reminds me of a story I read last year:

Google, "Albuquerque Man Wins 15 Prizes in One Mega Millions Drawing" (had to remove link, no link privileges yet)

// From the article on megamillions // 

Winner Played Ages as Lucky Numbers … Again and Again

For the July 8 drawing, Traub purchased five plays on three tickets for a total of 15 plays.
            On every play, Traub used the ages of his four youngest children and his wife – 14, 19, 25, 27 and 49 – as his white ball numbers. To complete the plays, Traub selected one from each of the game’s 15 yellow Mega Balls.

The winning numbers on July 8 were 14, 25, 27, 48 and 49 and the yellow Mega Ball of 9.
            On 14 plays, Traub matched four white ball numbers to win 14 prizes of $500 each, totaling $7,000. On one play, he matched four white ball numbers and the yellow Mega Ball to win $5,000. Traub’s winnings came to $12,000, but his good fortune didn’t end there.

$12,000 Jumps to $60,000

Traub added the game’s Megaplier feature to each play. The $1-per play feature multiples non-jackpot prizes between two and five times, depending on the multiplier drawn. On July 8, the number 5 was drawn as the multiplier. Traub’s winnings went from $12,000 to $60,000. 

After reading that, I rounded up all the birthdays and ages of family members, and tried making a few worthwhile combinations out of them.  The problem with anything related to a date (at least for me), is that you generally end up with something that is either too low or unplayable (i.e. one or more numbers that are greater than 75).

I lost a lot of money in the beginning playing like I believed in luck or fate. Numbers that were special to me never did a <snip> thing for me ;) It certainly worked out for the guy in the story though.. The beauty of how he played it is that the numbers in his set would change five times a year, so at least he wasn't playing the same combo over and over again.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              699 Posts
              Posted: August 31, 2016, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

How did that turn out for you? You know: Anniversary, birthday, baptism, graduation dates/numbers related to self, children and the like? If you have used or been using them, have you won " something" however small? Would be interesting to find out.

* Have a great rest of the week people and above all else : Stay Healthy.

I used my wedding anniversary on my wedding anniversary and won $400 on Powerball with Powerplay.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
                N.C.
                United States
                Member #56005
                October 28, 2007
                832 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2016, 4:47 am - IP Logged

I don't, I know players who do. my only advice is not to limit oneself
                to birthdates, anniversary's, graduations or any date there off for
                lottery drawings.

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"