Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you as a LP member alert the forum should you win the lottery?

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 5 months ago by noise-gate.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7343 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2016, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Or would you tell a select few about your good fortune or simply fade into the night never to be heard from again? Continue to have a great day & wondrful upcoming weekend.As always, stay healthy and keep breathing.

Maybe if someone used and wants to share a simplistic and economical system to pick their winning numbers, but I can't think of logical reason to announce they won with a QP. And if they don't tell anyone, they could keep on posting or after a few months someone start a "what happened to "what's-their-name" thread.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4576 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2016, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Doubt it. Since even the grand winner would have all their post here opened to scrutiny. This is a public arena.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2016, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Doubt it. Since even the grand winner would have all their post here opened to scrutiny. This is a public arena.

That's called jealousy.  I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
        Member #164603
        March 8, 2015
        643 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2016, 1:30 am - IP Logged

Ah Max- l can see why you have no friends.Your actions betray you.Big Smile

Friends are too expensive too maintain. Poke

Nolege is power.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4145 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2016, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Friends are too expensive too maintain. Poke

l think you describing Parasites Max. True friends will tell you the honest truth about your decisions whether they right or wrong- and we want & need that, whereas parasites will tell you you looking smoking hot in a green suit with a red tie...Just as long as they able to feed at the trough. Have a great weekend. Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

lulu1feather's avatar - 2uehclf
            Oregon
            United States
            Member #168137
            August 17, 2015
            125 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2016, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I try to think of what would happen if someone on LP did win and announced it. What kind of responses would it get? What do you think you would say to someone else who posted about a major win? 

While I havent decided one way or the other, I am curious what you would say to someone if the did win big and share it.

I cant imagine replying with anything but well wishes and congratulation, personally. Im sure there are folks that would have nothing good to say, though- "there's one in every crowd"

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
              Green Bay
              United States
              Member #169391
              October 15, 2015
              1278 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2016, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I try to think of what would happen if someone on LP did win and announced it. What kind of responses would it get? What do you think you would say to someone else who posted about a major win? 

While I havent decided one way or the other, I am curious what you would say to someone if the did win big and share it.

I cant imagine replying with anything but well wishes and congratulation, personally. Im sure there are folks that would have nothing good to say, though- "there's one in every crowd"

I think it would be great if an LP'r won a hundred million dollar jackpot.  Just hits closer to home, if you know what I mean.

Never give up.  Banana

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #169723
                October 29, 2015
                885 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2016, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

I think it would be great if an LP'r won a hundred million dollar jackpot.  Just hits closer to home, if you know what I mean.

Yes, it would be nice if I won Yes Nod LOL Dance

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
                  Ontario
                  Canada
                  Member #109243
                  April 9, 2011
                  31439 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2016, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I Would Never Reveal If I Ever Won Big,

Are You Actually Serious About This Question?

Why Would You Wan't  People Knowing If You Won?

Brooklyn, NY
                    United States
                    Member #169723
                    October 29, 2015
                    885 Posts
                    Posted: August 26, 2016, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Like anyone would be able to find you by looking up LottoBux in the Ontario phone book

We all use made-up names in the forum. It's not very likely anyone will ever know our true identities.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4145 Posts
                      Posted: August 26, 2016, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

What's with the " are you actually serious about this question?"  why wouldn't l be? Some winners cant wait to tell the world that they have won, they actually love the idea of exposing themselves to the world with " Hey People, look at me." Why should the forum members be any different?  One member said that should he win, his demanding a press conference to show his few good teeth- so what's wrong with that? What's also with the " why would you want people knowing if you won.".. there  you go again with the accusation " why would l want"- l said nothing of the kind in wanting people to know....oh never mind.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

TinkerMazell's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                        Augusta, Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #127854
                        May 10, 2012
                        81 Posts
                        Posted: August 27, 2016, 8:31 am - IP Logged

Or would you tell a select few about your good fortune or simply fade into the night never to be heard from again? Continue to have a great day & wondrful upcoming weekend.As always, stay healthy and keep breathing.

I won $200 yesterday. Does that count? LOL

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #94283
                          July 17, 2010
                          2284 Posts
                          Posted: August 27, 2016, 9:51 am - IP Logged

I would just say congrats.  I'd keep my little twinge of jealousy to myself.  Yes Nod

I bet you'd get at least a few regular posters begging for a grant or a "loan."  I predict membership would swell at LP and your PM box would be full for a few weeks with tons of mail from recent joinees who have no posts.  Regulars and newbies alike would make mostly nice requests until they figured out you weren't giving them any money, then a few would turn to anger and insults.

You'd also get people who don't believe you actually won and think it's a hoax.  They will demand proof. 

Tons of people will ask for your formula or system.

A few will ask if you're related to Eddie Tipton. A subset of these will claim that you ARE Eddie Tipton still scamming the system from your prison cell.

Brooklyn, NY
                            United States
                            Member #169723
                            October 29, 2015
                            885 Posts
                            Posted: August 27, 2016, 10:56 am - IP Logged

I won $200 yesterday. Does that count? LOL

PartyCongrats TMParty

The Meatman

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #85037
                              January 7, 2010
                              253 Posts
                              Posted: August 27, 2016, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Sure, why not? You don't know who I am anyway.