Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery prediction systems, why do people spend so much time with them

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 3 months ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
sydney
Australia
Member #176878
August 29, 2016
15 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2016, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

I'm new here, and I mean no offence.

Since lotteries are random numbers, why do so many people spend so much time using lottery prediction systems?

While I acknowledge that some numbers might deliver a higher chance of not splitting the prize with other people (numbers above 31 for people who choose birthdays, etc) the actual chance of picking the numbers is the same.

if i picked 1,2,3,4,5,6, or 1,5,9,14,33,44 the chances are exactly the same.

Why do people try to beat the system using historical analysis, or groups of numbers that might come up?

If someone had such a system, I'm sure they would use it to make money, not sell it on the internet.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
    Member #164727
    March 12, 2015
    2506 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2016, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Since lotteries are random numbers, why do so many people spend so much time using lottery prediction systems?

While I acknowledge that some numbers might deliver a higher chance of not splitting the prize with other people (numbers above 31 for people who choose birthdays, etc) the actual chance of picking the numbers is the same.

Why do people try to beat the system using historical analysis, or groups of numbers that might come up?

If someone had such a system, I'm sure they would use it to make money, not sell it on the internet.

And that's the beauty of Lottery Post. People freely share ideas all the time. And you're right, someone out there knows how to beat the system and they're not sharing..lol

MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Ny
      United States
      Member #167314
      July 5, 2015
      1805 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2016, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Good question. Alot of systema and number strategies here on lp. I say keep your strategy simple to others simple may have another definition. As for here on lotterypost I dont think anyone is selling there system just sharing it and telling u to use it even when they have made no real money with it yet in MOST cases. You will most likely here the same from other posters. Anyway welcome brother it is a great site nonetheless very informative and you will see everyones perspective on the lottery.

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4102 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2016, 1:36 am - IP Logged

They spend all that time because they want too and they can. It's that simple.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

sydney
          Australia
          Member #176878
          August 29, 2016
          15 Posts
          Posted: August 30, 2016, 2:19 am - IP Logged

And that's the beauty of Lottery Post. People freely share ideas all the time. And you're right, someone out there knows how to beat the system and they're not sharing..lol

Do people really think there are people that know how to beat the system but are keeping it quiet? Like Biff from back to the future, lol.

I would think if it was a true random number generator (not just a coded one) it would be impossible without tampering with the system.

In Australia we use the mechanical ball systems which remove any random number generator hacking ability.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: August 30, 2016, 3:05 am - IP Logged

Do people really think there are people that know how to beat the system but are keeping it quiet? Like Biff from back to the future, lol.

I would think if it was a true random number generator (not just a coded one) it would be impossible without tampering with the system.

In Australia we use the mechanical ball systems which remove any random number generator hacking ability.

"Do people really think there are people that know how to beat the system but are keeping it quiet?"

According the annual reports every state on average keeps 50% of the pick-3 and pick-4 wagers so while it doesn't look like anybody is beating the system, there is plenty of money to go around. IMO, the successful LP members probably wager more than a couple dollars on one combination.

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49618 Posts
              Posted: August 30, 2016, 6:13 am - IP Logged

The number of combinations from a matrix are high and if you match all the numbers drawn the rewards are too!

So How Does One Overcome All The Combinations: By Studying The Laws Governing Random Events and The Collection, Analysis, and Interpretation of Drawing Results!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3685 Posts
                Posted: August 30, 2016, 7:40 am - IP Logged

They spend all that time because they want too and they can. It's that simple.

Correct!  Not to mention I enjoy doing it. If I win some money by doing it, then that's all the better.

Yes, the lottery is completely random, and the past history of the numbers doesn't have any bearing on tonite's drawing.  Except that it does.

For instance in NY's Take5 (an online game that has had over 7,000 drawings since 1992) why is it that five numbers from the same number group have been drawn just six times?  (31 32 33 37 39 was drawn on 12/25/14 - the last time it happened)  Why hasn't that particular phenomenon happened more often than just six times in 7,000+ drawings?  I play Take5 regularly, and I don't ever play five numbers from the same number group! Doing so just doesn't pay!  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: August 30, 2016, 8:42 am - IP Logged

Once it was revealed that a couple from Michigan was beating Massachusetts' WinFall game by buying $300K of tickets, the game was ended.  People who are beating lottery games don't reveal their systems if they want to continue to make money.  Besides most players aren't interested in beating lottery games if it requires buying more than just a few tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
                    Member #146028
                    August 22, 2013
                    842 Posts
                    Posted: August 30, 2016, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Once it was revealed that a couple from Michigan was beating Massachusetts' WinFall game by buying $300K of tickets, the game was ended.  People who are beating lottery games don't reveal their systems if they want to continue to make money.  Besides most players aren't interested in beating lottery games if it requires buying more than just a few tickets.

You are so correct, RJOH, scared money can't gamble or perhaps we should replace the word can't with the word shouldn't.

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                      Brooklyn, NY
                      United States
                      Member #169723
                      October 29, 2015
                      877 Posts
                      Posted: August 30, 2016, 11:53 am - IP Logged

My system for picking numbers is.......ONE quick pick please!

Sorry to say, it hasn't worked yet. Unhappy

There are many systems out there and everyone claims that theirs is the best. Some use most picked, least picked, combination of most and least.

It doesn't matter what you play since, like you said, it's totally random and one draw's numbers have no bearing on the next. Although, I would steer clear of consecutive numbers. I would think the likelihood of all five numbers being consecutive are higher than if scattered.

Welcome to LP and good luck! Lep

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19740 Posts
                        Posted: August 30, 2016, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

If someone had such a system, I'm sure they would use it to make money, not sell it on the Internet.

Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19740 Posts
                          Posted: August 30, 2016, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

My system for picking numbers is.......ONE quick pick please!

Sorry to say, it hasn't worked yet. Unhappy

There are many systems out there and everyone claims that theirs is the best. Some use most picked, least picked, combination of most and least.

It doesn't matter what you play since, like you said, it's totally random and one draw's numbers have no bearing on the next. Although, I would steer clear of consecutive numbers. I would think the likelihood of all five numbers being consecutive are higher than if scattered.

Welcome to LP and good luck! Lep

Try something different maybe buy more tickets then You may be a WINNER! Dance

Good Luck Lep

Let it Snow Snowman

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                            Green Bay
                            United States
                            Member #169391
                            October 15, 2015
                            1238 Posts
                            Posted: August 30, 2016, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Try something different maybe buy more tickets then You may be a WINNER! Dance

Good Luck Lep

I think thats where jj got frustrated, he spent way too much money on tickets.  If you're lucky, one is all you need.

Never give up.  Banana

u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19740 Posts
                              Posted: August 30, 2016, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I think thats where jj got frustrated, he spent way too much money on tickets.  If you're lucky, one is all you need.

Maybe, i don't know but some of the Winners i read about bought between 4-8 tickets. We never know i guess.

Good Luck this week Lep

Let it Snow Snowman