Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery prediction systems, why do people spend so much time with them

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 3 months ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
879 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2016, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I think thats where jj got frustrated, he spent way too much money on tickets.  If you're lucky, one is all you need.

I Agree! Yes Nod 

One for every draw.

No need if you have the winning ticket. Just like Charlie from the Willy Wonka movie

I am not one who would turn down a small jackpot but hope for a larger jackpot.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #169723
    October 29, 2015
    879 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2016, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Maybe, i don't know but some of the Winners i read about bought between 4-8 tickets. We never know i guess.

Good Luck this week Lep

I buy ONLY one ticket foe each draw. Unless the jackpot is above $400 mil, then it's 2. I might buy 4 if it was over $600 mil, but my 1 or 2 will be enough.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Ny
      United States
      Member #167314
      July 5, 2015
      1807 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2016, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

In a game where nothing is actually guaranteed for some reason I always feel is if 1 ticket can be enough but it doesnt hurt to add another as a variable.. Like in pick 4 i lik to go 1 up on certain digits i think thats where u beat the system.. Forget being one off all the time if u can save it

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

Ny
        United States
        Member #167314
        July 5, 2015
        1807 Posts
        Posted: August 31, 2016, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Math does nothing but create a mess and alot of combos.. Show me the guy using math that gets straight hits consistently if not we can all come around to the same picks without the math he uses.. I assume your referring to a pick 3 pick 4 game.. I definetepy dont see how u would use math in a jackpot game.. But to each his own some people like alot of work.. Nonetheless u do have to work for the win..

Creativity..

Million dollar operation 

Wink

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19871 Posts
          Posted: August 31, 2016, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Do you know something or do you want to know? You are sending mixed signals.

Let it Snow Snowman

bobby623's avatar - abstract
            San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: September 1, 2016, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Some folks are happy letting other people tell them what to think and do.
            Other people are happy doing their own things, even when they don't always make the right choice.
            In lottery gambling, some folks are happy letting the lottery tell them what to play - and then complain when they lose.
            Other lottery gamblers are happy making their own decisions about what to play - even when they seldom win.
            Personally, I have the time to employ a 'paper and pencil' workout - and I win now and then.
            In my opinion, a majority of lottery gamblers know very little about the games they play.
            Prediction is the most misunderstood word in lottery gambling, and is leading many folks astray.
            Face it, if you don't have the time and smarts to create and use a rational workout, you won't ever be satisfied.
            Some folks in Ireland played the same set of numbers for 28 years before they had a significant win!!
            I can't wait that long!
            It's a personal choice.
            I doubt I'll ever hit a jackpot, but winning small amounts every week pays some of the bills.
            It's entertainment with a possible payback.
            Thanks for your interest.

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3474 Posts
              Posted: September 5, 2016, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Once it was revealed that a couple from Michigan was beating Massachusetts' WinFall game by buying $300K of tickets, the game was ended.  People who are beating lottery games don't reveal their systems if they want to continue to make money.  Besides most players aren't interested in beating lottery games if it requires buying more than just a few tickets.

Those people didn't beat the game, and they didn't win by studying previous winning numbers. They simply took advantage of probability and Massachusett's shortsighted decision to use jackpot prize money to make payouts for lower tier prizes profitable. It would be no different than if the prizes for pick 3 were occasionally bumped up to $1500. If you spent $300,000 on tickets simple probability means you'd probably win about 300 prizes, and just 200 prizes would mean breaking even.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the game itself, and the only reason for canceling the game was that it was the game in which Massachusetts had allowed people with enough money to guarantee a profit at the expense of regular players who got smaller prizes than they otherwise would have.

And in case you haven't noticed, there are a lot of people who claim to have winning systems for various games, but the lotteries aren't canceling those games. That's because the lotteries know that it's impossible to predict the results of games that are sufficiently random.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2016, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

Those people didn't beat the game, and they didn't win by studying previous winning numbers. They simply took advantage of probability and Massachusett's shortsighted decision to use jackpot prize money to make payouts for lower tier prizes profitable. It would be no different than if the prizes for pick 3 were occasionally bumped up to $1500. If you spent $300,000 on tickets simple probability means you'd probably win about 300 prizes, and just 200 prizes would mean breaking even.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the game itself, and the only reason for canceling the game was that it was the game in which Massachusetts had allowed people with enough money to guarantee a profit at the expense of regular players who got smaller prizes than they otherwise would have.

And in case you haven't noticed, there are a lot of people who claim to have winning systems for various games, but the lotteries aren't canceling those games. That's because the lotteries know that it's impossible to predict the results of games that are sufficiently random.

"It would be no different than if the prizes for pick 3 were occasionally bumped up to $1500."

If a regular pick3 game top prize was bumped up to $1500, it would be a lot different because those tickets usually sell for $1 with odds of 1:1000 to win $500.  Offering $1500 instead would be like allowing players with $1000 to exchange it for $1500.  Sales of tickets wouldn't last even a minute.  Besides a state would go broke with such an offer.   Massachusetts was never going to go broke but just sell a lot of tickets in a shorter period of time.  They were making money not losing it is the reason they allowed it to go on. 

After it was known that out of state big spenders were taking advantage of the game it was unlikely local players with only a few dollars to spend would play any longer thus the game couldn't survive.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
                  Zaperlopopotam
                  Belgium
                  Member #173932
                  March 26, 2016
                  962 Posts
                  Posted: September 5, 2016, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Once it was revealed that a couple from Michigan was beating Massachusetts' WinFall game by buying $300K of tickets, the game was ended.  People who are beating lottery games don't reveal their systems if they want to continue to make money.  Besides most players aren't interested in beating lottery games if it requires buying more than just a few tickets.

I Agree!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3104 Posts
                    Posted: September 5, 2016, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Every day people all over wake up to the fact there is this huge pot of money just sitting out there for the taking by picking five or six numbers correctly, how hard can that be?

At some point they realize or perhaps before they even begin playing, they look for information on how best to go about winning this game.

On the web, amazon, ebay there are ads for systems to win the lottery, some for $9.95 what could go wrong?

There is a very good reason these systems continue to be sold despite all sorts of consumer protection laws, is because no one can prove they don't work.  The game is random, any method could win the next draw.  So long as the system is fairy dusted with vague statements, helps, supports, improves and so on you can only wonder.  Some buy just to see what the heck it is.  Kinda like paying a quarter to see the thing in the box.

The funny thing is, a simple system can go a long way toward reducing or improving your odds of winning something when combined with a big dose of luck. 

Whether you are a hunter or a trapper, a consistent method of play covering a field of numbers using a matrix can guarantee a number of things must happen when the winning numbers fall among those you are playing and you could do much better then what is guaranteed.

Just select 12 numbers for any reason you like, break then into four sets you hope will hit as a group of three and place them against each other in the six possible ways. 1-2-3-4 = 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 34.  if any five winning numbers fall among the 12 you are guaranteed a 3 number win. If all six of the winning numbers fall among the 12 you are guaranteed a 4 number win.  If any two groups of three have all the winning numbers among them you have a jackpot.  If any two groups of three have 3 and 2 of the winning numbers among them you have a 5 number win.

The odds of winning a 6/49 game are 1 in 13.9 million. 

When playing 12 numbers in 6/49 the odds of having all the winning numbers fall among any 12 are 1 in 15,134 while still harder to win then Pick-4, 1 in 15,134 is better then 1 in 13.9 million for a chance of winning something.

BobP

Ny
                      United States
                      Member #167314
                      July 5, 2015
                      1807 Posts
                      Posted: September 5, 2016, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Every day people all over wake up to the fact there is this huge pot of money just sitting out there for the taking by picking five or six numbers correctly, how hard can that be?

At some point they realize or perhaps before they even begin playing, they look for information on how best to go about winning this game.

On the web, amazon, ebay there are ads for systems to win the lottery, some for $9.95 what could go wrong?

There is a very good reason these systems continue to be sold despite all sorts of consumer protection laws, is because no one can prove they don't work.  The game is random, any method could win the next draw.  So long as the system is fairy dusted with vague statements, helps, supports, improves and so on you can only wonder.  Some buy just to see what the heck it is.  Kinda like paying a quarter to see the thing in the box.

The funny thing is, a simple system can go a long way toward reducing or improving your odds of winning something when combined with a big dose of luck. 

Whether you are a hunter or a trapper, a consistent method of play covering a field of numbers using a matrix can guarantee a number of things must happen when the winning numbers fall among those you are playing and you could do much better then what is guaranteed.

Just select 12 numbers for any reason you like, break then into four sets you hope will hit as a group of three and place them against each other in the six possible ways. 1-2-3-4 = 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 34.  if any five winning numbers fall among the 12 you are guaranteed a 3 number win. If all six of the winning numbers fall among the 12 you are guaranteed a 4 number win.  If any two groups of three have all the winning numbers among them you have a jackpot.  If any two groups of three have 3 and 2 of the winning numbers among them you have a 5 number win.

When playing 12 numbers in 6/49 the odds of having all the winning numbers fall among any 12 are 1 in 15,134 while still harder to win then Pick-4, 1 in 15,134 is better then 1 in 13.9 million for a chance of winning something.

BobP

Genius. This logic was very well broken down and I commend you. Feels like I thought of this before but it never came out. Thank you. You should repost this in a few other discussions and share it with others. I break down pick 4 on the regular and am always looking out for new ways to break down a jackpot game into its simplest form which is key* Good one BobP

Creativity..

Million dollar operation 

Wink

Auckland
                        New Zealand
                        Member #176900
                        August 31, 2016
                        9 Posts
                        Posted: September 6, 2016, 3:04 am - IP Logged

I spend time selecting my own lines using filters to remove lines I don't want to play - I use Lotwin Pro which used to be called Lottery Line Builder.   I've had some minor success lately with always including 4 of the coldest 22-24 numbers in each of my lines - that's numbers which haven't appeared in the last 3 draws. One of the 'cold numbers' in my lines is one of the 4 coldest numbers which I anchor in all my lines for that draw - a lucky guess by me as to which one that anchor number will be. I may need to reconsider and play 5 of those cold numbers instead of just. From our (NZ Lotto 6/40) last 26 draws 8 have had 4 cold numbers, 10 have had 5 cold numbers, 2 have had all 6 cold numbers and 6 have had only 3 cold numbers. Wasting my time?  You decide. lol

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: September 6, 2016, 9:51 am - IP Logged

BobP

"The odds of winning a 6/49 game are 1 in 13.9 million. 

When playing 12 numbers in 6/49 the odds of having all the winning numbers fall among any 12 are 1 in 15,134 while still harder to win then Pick-4, 1 in 15,134 is better then 1 in 13.9 million for a chance of winning something."

Off hand one would think buying 924 tickets in any game would likely yield some good results but when payout amounts are considered in the case of Ohio's Classic Lotto(6/49) the odds of ever winning a prize large enough to cover the cost are only 1:59 and if one ever won more than 11% of the cost they would have beaten the odds.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3474 Posts
                            Posted: September 6, 2016, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

"When playing 12 numbers in 6/49 the odds of having all the winning numbers fall among any 12 are 1 in 15,134 while still harder to win then Pick-4, 1 in 15,134 is better then 1 in 13.9 million for a chance of winning something. "

You know that even if you beat the 1 in 15,134 odds of having all of the winning numbers come from the 12 you chose from you'd still need to play 924 different combinations to guarantee that you had the winning combination instead of just having a set of numbers that might include some of the winning numbers, right?

Until you can convince the lottery to stop choosing the winning numbers from the entire set choosing your numbers from a smaller subset doesn't do anything to improve your odds.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                              Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3104 Posts
                              Posted: September 6, 2016, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

"When playing 12 numbers in 6/49 the odds of having all the winning numbers fall among any 12 are 1 in 15,134 while still harder to win then Pick-4, 1 in 15,134 is better then 1 in 13.9 million for a chance of winning something. "

You know that even if you beat the 1 in 15,134 odds of having all of the winning numbers come from the 12 you chose from you'd still need to play 924 different combinations to guarantee that you had the winning combination instead of just having a set of numbers that might include some of the winning numbers, right?

Until you can convince the lottery to stop choosing the winning numbers from the entire set choosing your numbers from a smaller subset doesn't do anything to improve your odds.

Exactly right, you would have to play 924 combinations to completely cover all possible combinations of 12 numbers to 100% guarantee a jackpot were all 12 winning numbers to fall among the 12 in play.

I am sure that's the way the lottery would love for us to play.  However, what we're doing is limiting what the lottery can win from us (six plays) while leaving the door open for anything to happen.  After all the six lines do guarantee us a 4 number win, it could be argued having four numbers already on a line makes getting a fifth or sixth easier, like 1 in 45 for a 5 number win. 

For that matter, it takes only 22 lines of the right matrix to cover 89% of a 5 number win, leaving the chance of a jackpot to 1 in 44.  Just saying it's a way to play, doesn't guarantee anything unless the strategy comes in.

Look at the Florida Pick5/36 that often has four odd or even numbers and pays over a grand for four numbers right when there is a rollover, again a simple system to play.

". . . choosing your numbers from a smaller subset doesn't do anything to improve your odds." 

I would think the correctness of your choosing determines the odds you played at once the draw is held.

To my way of thinking, it breaks the odds into two parts.  Just playing 12 numbers instead 6 does greatly lower the odds of having all 6 winning numbers among the 12 versus among a set of 6 numbers, hey 1 in 15,134 is lower then 1 in 13.9 million.  After that the secondary odds kicks in, the problem of getting a line with all 6 among your plays, at that point a good cheap matrix can go a long way toward winning something and with luck something better.

BobP