Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would drive you to conceal your lottery win from your kids?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 3 months ago by noise-gate.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4111 Posts
Posted: August 31, 2016, 1:44 am - IP Logged

The same vehicles we currently own. We are content with them and see no reason to change.

Whatever works D.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4111 Posts
    Posted: August 31, 2016, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Maybe her kids are teenagers and aren't included in financial business.

Maybe her kids are grown, lazy folk.

It's her money--not the kids.

I just re-read your post--she could be a single parent looking out for her kids long range.

She can do nice things for them and not tell them the source of the money.

I Agree!- one never knows. Perhaps the kids are as dumb as they come. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4111 Posts
      Posted: August 31, 2016, 1:51 am - IP Logged

I never got around to having kids myself but my sister has kids four of them ranging from 22 years to 10 years old.  I like to be known as the good uncle so I would buy them nice things but try not to tell them were the money came from.-weshar75

US Flag

l like that bit where you say l will TRY not to tell them where the money came from...try huh Weshar75?

Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4111 Posts
        Posted: August 31, 2016, 1:53 am - IP Logged

I haven't seen or spoken to my kid in about 4 years. She already managed to get herself cut out of her grandparents $800K will & they already spent her college fund touring Europe. Two years ago they wanted to buy her a new car. She couldn't even be bothered to reply to emails about it, so that didn't happen either. She hasn't even graduated HS yet.

That's rough,  hope it all works out in the end Rexer90.