Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Painful lottery story.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 2 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
Green Bay
United States
Member #169391
October 15, 2015
1245 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2016, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I play the daily Wisconsin Supercash 6/39 game.  On Sunday I hurt my back.   Monday morning it took me a full 20 minutes to put my socks on and get dressed.  I then crawled into my truck and drove to the local Shell station to run my numbers (which I change daily based on the previous days numbers).  Must have been a sight, all bent over and taking baby steps.  LOL! 

Just wondering if others have similar stories.  For those who run numbers every day, what would it take not to run your numbers for a day or two?  Because you know what will happen if you don't ... Your numbers will come up.

Never give up.  Banana

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: September 23, 2016, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I was waiting for the part where you didn't manage to play your numbers and they did come up. I've gotten more aches and pains as I've gotten older and my feet are harder to reach, but not as bad as  you had it. I don't play any daily games, so I've got 3 or 4 days to get a ticket, but since I'm one of the people who waits for the rest of you to build the jackpot I play less than half of them anyway. I usually don't worry about it if something comes up and I don't get a ticket when I was planning to.

I also believe in the butterfly effect, so I figure that the winning numbers will be different if I buy a ticket than if I don't buy a ticket. Of course I'd still be be wondering "what if?" if my numbers did come up when I hadn't bought a ticket.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #77167
      July 15, 2009
      555 Posts
      Posted: September 23, 2016, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I started getting a 7 draw ticket (same number) on Sunday for the week for Cash 5.  Wasn't having any luck trying to pick my on numbers so I get a quick pick.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
        Member #106923
        February 27, 2011
        478 Posts
        Posted: September 23, 2016, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I play the daily Wisconsin Supercash 6/39 game.  On Sunday I hurt my back.   Monday morning it took me a full 20 minutes to put my socks on and get dressed.  I then crawled into my truck and drove to the local Shell station to run my numbers (which I change daily based on the previous days numbers).  Must have been a sight, all bent over and taking baby steps.  LOL! 

Just wondering if others have similar stories.  For those who run numbers every day, what would it take not to run your numbers for a day or two?  Because you know what will happen if you don't ... Your numbers will come up.

That's the main reason I don't play a consistent set of numbers.  There are times when I am unable to play for one cause or another.  I can't imagine when a "what if" factor occurs (the numbers you play hit but you didn't have a ticket) how a person would feel.  It certainly would not be a pleasant experience.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19843 Posts
          Posted: September 23, 2016, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Tell your Doctor to give you a shot of Dilaudid and you will be feel like a million bucks. Dance

Get well soon Blue Angel

Let it Snow Snowman

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
            N.C.
            United States
            Member #56005
            October 28, 2007
            831 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2016, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

I remember when N.C. didn't have a lottery. I used to UPS my cash and filled out
            slips to my brother in law in another state. I remember speeding through traffic
            in order to get the shipment out on time so that he could purchase the tickets
            for us before the draws deadline.

if I had a hunch, it would take alot to keep me out of a draw.
            I would have to be dead.

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

JustJim's avatar - driver
              SunPrairie Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #162093
              December 21, 2014
              126 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2016, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I was playing the Wisconsin Megabucks pretty regular a year or two ago when it was getting up there and I was using a 'system.'  After quite a number of months and after it hit I gave that game a rest, but I've spent time keeping charts, stats, spreadsheets on Pick 3 in the past, even without playing every day.  In the end, you have to balance life, fun and work.  I would put lottery in the 'fun' category myself but everyone's schedule and lifestyle is different.  I've had some personal things take up some of my time this past couple years that have taken away from my time to spend on the fun stuff.  Looking forward to when I can retire and X off that work item from what takes up my time.  Smiley

Here's wishing everyone the good fortune they're looking for.  Remember, if you happen to win more than a couple bucks, try and donate a little to one of your favorite charities - keep that positive mojo working!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4108 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2016, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Had  a bout of sciatica nerve pain about 2 years ago and that had me bending over for quite a bit Ligb. Ended up purchasing a new mattress to align my posture while sleeping & it did wonder for my back along with exercise.

*** On a side note Ligb : read that your State is bracing for major flooding,  hope you & yours are out of harm's way.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                  Mcminnville, Oregon
                  United States
                  Member #3013
                  December 13, 2003
                  3052 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2016, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I threw my back out in the summer of this year and it took me 2 days with regular doses of tylenol max strength and a heating pad to get rid of that pain but it was on a weekend so I did not go to the doctor bye monday the pain was gone.  But it felt like someone hit me with a baseball bat across my shoulder blades.-weshar75

US Flag

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                    Brooklyn, NY
                    United States
                    Member #169723
                    October 29, 2015
                    878 Posts
                    Posted: September 25, 2016, 7:06 am - IP Logged

You may have been a sight, all bent over and taking baby steps, but I could imagine how high you would jump if you won $350,000!

Your back would feel better instantly!

Hyper

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

United States
                      Member #164725
                      March 12, 2015
                      342 Posts
                      Posted: September 26, 2016, 12:38 am - IP Logged

I threw my back out in the summer of this year and it took me 2 days with regular doses of tylenol max strength and a heating pad to get rid of that pain but it was on a weekend so I did not go to the doctor bye monday the pain was gone.  But it felt like someone hit me with a baseball bat across my shoulder blades.-weshar75

US Flag

Advil, aka, Ibuprofen, aka Motrin,  would be better for you.  I take 800 mg x 2 a day.  It's also fairly cheap if you buy generic. I get 40 for a buck at the dollar store. Others, say they find it for 100 for a buck.

CT
                        United States
                        Member #60059
                        April 4, 2008
                        856 Posts
                        Posted: October 8, 2016, 10:25 am - IP Logged

My friends wife was playing a number everyday, He didn't know then the day it came out she had a choice between getting tickets

or praying. She decided to pray. The number came in that draw. She said the money wasn't meant to be. Maybe she didn't win

because she was secretly playing a number and not telling him.

Luck be with you!!!

NOTE: All numbers posted are BOXED and unless otherwise noted.

Kola's avatar - image
                          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                          Member #28945
                          December 25, 2005
                          1528 Posts
                          Posted: October 8, 2016, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Sorry for the pain many of you have experienced.

Being one of the most prolific members among us when it comes to asking great lottery questions and polls, I think that LP member 'noise-gate' will eventually cover the following question in some form or fashion, but I'll make an early go of it: If I were ever fortunate to win, I've often thought of which super-power or super-ability would I be willing to give up my billion dollars of jackpot winnings for? Having seen too many people suffer, I think that it would have something to do with the ability to instantly take away someone's severe pain or disease and restore health.

In the meantime though, I wish you all well...

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5121 Posts
                            Posted: October 8, 2016, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Congratulation$>>>LiveInGreenBay>>>!!!!!!!!!!

Psyko believe that U will win a "BIG" jackpot soon or U will go broke before U die "TRYING" $$$$$$$$

Party  NaughtyDrumNaughty  Party

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                              Green Bay
                              United States
                              Member #169391
                              October 15, 2015
                              1245 Posts
                              Posted: October 8, 2016, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Thanks my friends, I feel much better now.  Still didn't win yet though.  LOL

Never give up.  Banana