Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Painful lottery story.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 2 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Marana AZ
United States
Member #145341
August 3, 2013
176 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2016, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Here in Arizona we get summer rains called The Monsoon that can drop several inches in an hour.  Since the desert isn't equipped to soak it up, there are flash floods and road closures.  Last year, the road out of my neighborhood was flooded and a sheriff's car was stopped at the other side of a flooded area with his lights on.  I craved my ticket, so I got in the compact car and started toward him.  About halfway across, at the deepest point, my car started floating on top of the water.  Luckily, forward momentum carried me across before the sideways current took me away into a big ravine in the desert.  I was a bit amped up but I got my ticket.  Didn't win.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1238 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2016, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Here in Arizona we get summer rains called The Monsoon that can drop several inches in an hour.  Since the desert isn't equipped to soak it up, there are flash floods and road closures.  Last year, the road out of my neighborhood was flooded and a sheriff's car was stopped at the other side of a flooded area with his lights on.  I craved my ticket, so I got in the compact car and started toward him.  About halfway across, at the deepest point, my car started floating on top of the water.  Luckily, forward momentum carried me across before the sideways current took me away into a big ravine in the desert.  I was a bit amped up but I got my ticket.  Didn't win.

Now that's what I call determination.  After all that it would have been nice to win something.  Don't do that again, its not worth your life.

Never give up.  Banana

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19727 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2016, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Now that's what I call determination.  After all that it would have been nice to win something.  Don't do that again, its not worth your life.

I Agree! Turn around, Don't drown.

Let it Snow Snowman

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19727 Posts
        Posted: October 9, 2016, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Congratulation$>>>LiveInGreenBay>>>!!!!!!!!!!

Psyko believe that U will win a "BIG" jackpot soon or U will go broke before U die "TRYING" $$$$$$$$

Party  NaughtyDrumNaughty  Party

Psyko Good always so Positive. Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire.Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman