Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega millions powerball and cash for life available to UK players tax free

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 2 months ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
nurse101's avatar - rinard
london
United Kingdom
Member #166661
June 1, 2015
130 Posts
Posted: September 29, 2016, 2:10 am - IP Logged

ok so I must be outdated or something but this is news to me. Opened my United kindom lotto app today to check the results of the thunder all and lotto hotpicks I played yesterday to realise y app features had changed now including egamillions powerball and cash for life. I didn't know UK citizens could play those games outside the USA. Apparently it can be done online through <snip>. Interesting!! am I the last to know about this? And if that's the way the game is changeing it's only fair that U.S. Residence should be able to play UK games too.

nurse101

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
    Texas
    United States
    Member #150797
    December 31, 2013
    815 Posts
    Posted: September 29, 2016, 7:11 am - IP Logged

Not quite true that it is tax free.  If you won in the UK, the US would still deduct taxes before giving you the cheque, but you would be able to claim that US tax as an expense on your UK tax return and it would all be settled up between the governments under the provisions of the tax treaty.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23261 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2016, 8:04 am - IP Logged

If you want to play just about any major lotto game on Earth, the best way is through this service.

There are many reasons, but the most important is that they have proved several times that if you win using that service, you get the money.  For example, check this news story: https://www.lotterypost.com/news/296905

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!