Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How long did it take you to win " anything" from playing the lottery?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 1 month ago by quicksloth35.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4109 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2016, 12:29 am - IP Logged

l have heard of beginners luck, with folk winning under $50.00 on their first try. Personally, no such luck. Took me a few months to get a $10.00 plus win - how about you?

*** Have a Great rest of the week folks and above all else: Stay Healthy!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
    Upstate NY
    United States
    Member #174656
    May 5, 2016
    766 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2016, 12:54 am - IP Logged

l have heard of beginners luck, with folk winning under $50.00 on their first try. Personally, no such luck. Took me a few months to get a $10.00 plus win - how about you?

*** Have a Great rest of the week folks and above all else: Stay Healthy!

The first time i played the lottery, i got my $1 back for matching the megaball. 

Still haven't gotten over $10 on a single ticket but when Powerball hit a billion, i bought a load of tickets and matched the Powerball on 3 tickets.

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
      Member #138729
      February 4, 2013
      2873 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2016, 5:51 am - IP Logged

It's been far too long for me to remember.

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
      MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
      Click me
      Open to EVERYONE- Click me

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19880 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2016, 6:59 am - IP Logged

I Like to run my tickets for Bigger games for 7 draws or more sometimes i run them for 14 or 28 days and sometimes the numbers just happen to hit YAY Dance

Let it Snow Snowman

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
          Happy California
          United States
          Member #157856
          August 2, 2014
          1522 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2016, 7:21 am - IP Logged

When I first began to play the lottery I purchased a California Super Lotto ticket. I won $100.00 

That was back in 2007. Cool

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Florida
            United States
            Member #171219
            January 3, 2016
            99 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2016, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Been playing nearly 4 years. After about 1 year of playing, I won $57 on a 4+0 (weird, because I used the numbers from the TV show "Lost" to win). About a year later, I won $54 on another 4+0, then $20 on a scratcher a few weeks after that. Those are my three "major" wins. I have many, many 1+0 and 1+1 wins, and several close calls where I would have won big if I had just been one number up / down. However, all those put together doesn't come close to the number of 0+0 wins I have!

LOL

faith117's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              McClellanville,SC
              United States
              Member #177745
              October 18, 2016
              317 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2016, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

My son hit the very first time he played the lottery he saw the number 747 on a tag 3 times in one day and hit for $330 that was the first and only time he played

Happy Holidays !!! Lets win some Christmas moneyLovies

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
                N.C.
                United States
                Member #56005
                October 28, 2007
                833 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

My son hit the very first time he played the lottery he saw the number 747 on a tag 3 times in one day and hit for $330 that was the first and only time he played

Thats one way to do it. hit it and quit it!

I wasnt that lucky, it took me a few times.

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7315 Posts
                  Posted: November 1, 2016, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I hit straight the second time I played pick-3 by using my license plate number. Had no idea what to play the next day.

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                    Bronx, NY
                    United States
                    Member #164554
                    March 6, 2015
                    795 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2016, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

It took me a few months too to win $17.50 lol That was my first win NY Take 5 game 3/5 than I kept on using the same numbers and once I won $771.50 I got 4 out of 5 numbers that was in 2015 I still play the same numbers and I get a lot of free plays or once in a I get the 3/5 so I get somewhere $17.50 and $25 depends how many people won the jackpot prize. The other game I play is the numbers game or pick 3 so I get a few $80 dollars wins here and there I have gotten five doubles this year each one for $160. I love the lottery its my entertainment.

MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Ny
                      United States
                      Member #167314
                      July 5, 2015
                      1807 Posts
                      Posted: November 1, 2016, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

It took me a few months too to win $17.50 lol That was my first win NY Take 5 game 3/5 than I kept on using the same numbers and once I won $771.50 I got 4 out of 5 numbers that was in 2015 I still play the same numbers and I get a lot of free plays or once in a I get the 3/5 so I get somewhere $17.50 and $25 depends how many people won the jackpot prize. The other game I play is the numbers game or pick 3 so I get a few $80 dollars wins here and there I have gotten five doubles this year each one for $160. I love the lottery its my entertainment.

Sounds about similar to my story. Started out playing take 5 in 2013-14 hit a few free quick picks. Actual money took a few months. First money was about $22.50 if i'm correct. Caught 3 of 5 maybe 6 or 7 times. Used to play the same combination every time also and sometimes wheel or hand select $20-$40 worth going for the jackpot certain days. Crazy i actually missed my 4 of 5 one nite (upward of $500) I missed playing which was super rare. Shrugged it off atleast it wasn't the jackpot. Probably played take 5 for about 1 year and a half with extensive tracking and research.  Soon later discovered win4 and put ny take5 to the back burner. Haven't tracked take5 in over a year but I am assuming that 5 of 5 still never showed. I wonder if there's any easy way to check. Found my calling with win4 toward the end of 2014 where my most significant profits on the lottery came from in 2015.

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                        Mcminnville, Oregon
                        United States
                        Member #3013
                        December 13, 2003
                        3052 Posts
                        Posted: November 2, 2016, 12:24 am - IP Logged

I won a $1 on a $1 scratch-it back in 1996 and then when I decided to play Oregon megabucks a free ticket but it took a couple of months before I won a four hit number on Oregon megabucks for a $150.-weshar75

US Flag

New York, NY
                          United States
                          Member #140634
                          March 23, 2013
                          2983 Posts
                          Posted: November 2, 2016, 4:12 am - IP Logged

I won a $1 on a $1 scratch-it back in 1996 and then when I decided to play Oregon megabucks a free ticket but it took a couple of months before I won a four hit number on Oregon megabucks for a $150.-weshar75

US Flag

I'm a believer in first time you play is the luckiest period. I always tell people that to play if they never played before. First time is the luckiest. Seen it many times. First for me bought a $20 Scratch it, won $20 with a diamond. Win for Life Spectacular. So many commercials, they got me. Was down. Gotta good laugh for a couple. lol learn a lot first time............... . ...  . First time da luckiest cha-ching $ :)

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                            Bronx, NY
                            United States
                            Member #164554
                            March 6, 2015
                            795 Posts
                            Posted: November 2, 2016, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Sounds about similar to my story. Started out playing take 5 in 2013-14 hit a few free quick picks. Actual money took a few months. First money was about $22.50 if i'm correct. Caught 3 of 5 maybe 6 or 7 times. Used to play the same combination every time also and sometimes wheel or hand select $20-$40 worth going for the jackpot certain days. Crazy i actually missed my 4 of 5 one nite (upward of $500) I missed playing which was super rare. Shrugged it off atleast it wasn't the jackpot. Probably played take 5 for about 1 year and a half with extensive tracking and research.  Soon later discovered win4 and put ny take5 to the back burner. Haven't tracked take5 in over a year but I am assuming that 5 of 5 still never showed. I wonder if there's any easy way to check. Found my calling with win4 toward the end of 2014 where my most significant profits on the lottery came from in 2015.

My first win $17.50 that was what got me excited because I was happy I got 3/5 I feel that was what motivated me to keep on playing and than just enjoying the lottery. I still do keep track of Take 5 because it is only 39 numbers not that stressful, I ventured into the numbers game because of the odds, I might get into the win4 one of these days. 

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4109 Posts
                              Posted: November 3, 2016, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Bet there has been some winning since. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.