Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1.5 billion Powerball or more for Thanksgiving 2016?

35 replies. Last post 6 hours ago by WinWinChicDin.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #173496
March 5, 2016
92 Posts
Posted: November 5, 2016, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

When the three winning tickets were sold as in CA  the people were very smart and wise not to come out but stay anonymous which is awesome.   The news camera pin pointed a house that claimed where these people lived at and left unnoticed.  Good for them and good for their privacy. 

Hey who knows if I can pick the correct wins for this lottery and win one for my deceased dad.

That would be an awesome birthday present for you.....

I hope the numbers fall in your favor!!!!

United States
    Member #169365
    October 13, 2015
    135 Posts
    Posted: November 5, 2016, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I'm not down with it going that high because I'd like to get my greedy hands on tonight's $217M.

It is exciting when it goes that high, though.

Any JP game, figure you end up with about 1/3 of advertised JP amount after annuity payout and taxes. About $72M for tonight's PB would be nothing to scoff at.

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
      Philadelphia, PA
      United States
      Member #153774
      March 24, 2014
      858 Posts
      Posted: November 6, 2016, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Who is in the mood for a big juicy turkey this thanksgiving......I know I am. 

• Just sitting here watching the draws....hoping for it to hit that billion dollar mark one more time this year.

If it keeps doing the way it is maybe after my bday(Dec 16)Fri.  There is no way Thanksgiving and people are getting so ticked off with the elections.   Maybe why ticket sales aren't doing.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
        Member #93164
        June 23, 2010
        1322 Posts
        Posted: November 6, 2016, 11:48 am - IP Logged

I hope the Powerball jackpot continues to roll until one lucky ticket matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball that wins the Powerball Jackpot worth over $1.6 Billion Dollars!

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
          Member #169277
          October 10, 2015
          630 Posts
          Posted: November 6, 2016, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

What happened to the days when any jackpot over $100 million was exciting?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: November 6, 2016, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

What happened to the days when any jackpot over $100 million was exciting?

Inflation?

United States
              Member #173496
              March 5, 2016
              92 Posts
              Posted: November 6, 2016, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Inflation?

The $1.5 billion jackpot happened. Everybody reset their threshold.

People now get excited when it hits $400 million...

Me....I am in it every dang draw....I ain't picky

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2016, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

This one has grown a bit faster than the last jackpot to make it past $300 million, but we'll probably be lucky to see $400 million by the drawing after Thanksgiving. If it does keep on rolling it could certainly make it to  1.5 billion or better for the Christmas even drawing, but the chances of rolling until then are very small.

"What happened to the days when any jackpot over $100 million was exciting?"

They've been relegated to the history books by the new jackpots. The smallest PB jackpot so far this year was $244 million, and there have been three jackpots over $425 million, including the record jackpot. Why would anyone get excited about a $100 million jackpot when it's a near certainty that it will be twice that much in 3 weeks?

Philadelphia, PA
                  United States
                  Member #153774
                  March 24, 2014
                  858 Posts
                  Posted: November 11, 2016, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Now that the election is over I will give you my insights about pb.  By the time before and after Thanksgiving comes and goes I think if no one hits and the lottery doesn't decide to let a winner happen look for around my bday 12-16 Fri maybe,  Xmas time, or my sisters bday is 12-30.   The powerball this past yr was mid to end Jan.  I believe it was Jan.20- 26 time frame would have to look back at this site and usamega.  Or I can check the search engines too including mine.

Nov 24 is the day.  If no one hits I see maybe $585- $620 million.

United States
                    Member #173496
                    March 5, 2016
                    92 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2016, 10:48 am - IP Logged

Well, that draw day has arrived and we are no where near a billion dollars . 

C'est la vie.....

I am curious though as to what was going in at the beginning of the year that influenced the jackpot to jump the way it did. it was posted holidays and most people are holding out for that tax return to catch from all the spending they had done.

Oh well, we will see what this draw has in store for us.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone...and safe travels

Philadelphia, PA
                      United States
                      Member #153774
                      March 24, 2014
                      858 Posts
                      Posted: November 23, 2016, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Well, that draw day has arrived and we are no where near a billion dollars . 

C'est la vie.....

I am curious though as to what was going in at the beginning of the year that influenced the jackpot to jump the way it did. it was posted holidays and most people are holding out for that tax return to catch from all the spending they had done.

Oh well, we will see what this draw has in store for us.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone...and safe travels

If people are holding off their tax returns they're doing something wrong then.  People aren't budgeting their money right and that is sad.

Philadelphia, PA
                        United States
                        Member #153774
                        March 24, 2014
                        858 Posts
                        Posted: November 23, 2016, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I think pp stinks.  #2 again.  Why is it doing #2?   Almost won $107 and played 32 on two lines.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                          Member #93164
                          June 23, 2010
                          1322 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2016, 7:41 am - IP Logged

It has rolled to 403 million (243.8 million cash value option) for Saturday November 26th, 2016. If someone had won the jackpot, the jackpot would've been 374.1 million dollars!

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!

United States
                            Member #164725
                            March 12, 2015
                            341 Posts
                            Posted: November 24, 2016, 8:18 am - IP Logged

It has rolled to 403 million (243.8 million cash value option) for Saturday November 26th, 2016. If someone had won the jackpot, the jackpot would've been 374.1 million dollars!

Where are you getting the 374.1 mil number? Both my state site and the USMega site say 359 million. I know it goes up sometimes when there is a rush of ticket buying but the increase is usually reflected on those sites. Thanks! 

United States
                              Member #173496
                              March 5, 2016
                              92 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2016, 7:01 am - IP Logged

Where are you getting the 374.1 mil number? Both my state site and the USMega site say 359 million. I know it goes up sometimes when there is a rush of ticket buying but the increase is usually reflected on those sites. Thanks! 

That is the number stated at the time of the draw.

Go to usamega.com and watch the actual draw footage . 

It just means the pot is growing.....but not yet at a rate that requires 2hr updates during the day