Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Renting a safety deposit box at a bank

19 replies. Last post 4 days ago by NightStalker.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

When would you rent one for your winning ticket?

Always [ 4 ]  [10.00%]
Never [ 14 ]  [35.00%]
Depends on size of jackpot [ 11 ]  [27.50%]
None available [ 1 ]  [2.50%]
To much trouble [ 3 ]  [7.50%]
Cash in the next day [ 7 ]  [17.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

JustJim's avatar - driver
SunPrairie Wisconsin
United States
Member #162093
December 21, 2014
126 Posts
Posted: November 26, 2016, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I've already got a safe deposit box for some collectibles so it wouldn't be a problem for me to add that winning powerball ticket to my goodies! Smiley

Here's wishing everyone the good fortune they're looking for.  Remember, if you happen to win more than a couple bucks, try and donate a little to one of your favorite charities - keep that positive mojo working!

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1249 Posts
    Posted: November 26, 2016, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

especially if it was on the weekend i would get a fireproof lock box and put the ticket in that.  I would drive down to claim the prize with the box and they key in my bra!

I agree.  I have a fireproof lock box in my basement.  I keep all my important papers there.  If I win a lot of money, that's where the ticket is going.

Never give up.  Banana

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
      JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
      Member #141034
      April 2, 2013
      1410 Posts
      Posted: November 27, 2016, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Just sign the ticket and have it validated as soon as possible{if you have been using LP all this time, you already have your ducks in a row, RIGHT?}. You know they are not going to hand over a gigantic jackpot {PB/MM} win that same day to you. If you live in a BLABBER-MOUTH  STATE that will parade you around like a show dog and blabber your  name all over the world, I say good luck with that.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
        Happy California
        United States
        Member #157856
        August 2, 2014
        1522 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2016, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

"you already have your ducks in a row, RIGHT?  I would use the time that the ticket is safe to contact an insurance agent to buy "Umbrella Insurance" Excess Liability Coverage, CHUBB, Lloyds of London, USAA, and Dave Ramsey could supply this insurance. A Trust & Estate Attorney. I will need a living trust. Plus help to create Asset Protection.   I will contact a CPA "Certified Public Accountant" and get answers to tax questions.  I will need a CFP "Certified Financial Planner" for his/her help planning my future. 

Here in California, I will have a year to collect on the debt owed to me by the Lottery. 

Shocked

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
          East of Columbus, OH
          United States
          Member #120843
          December 28, 2011
          451 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2016, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

I've had a safety deposit box for about 15 years.  Put the birth certificates, passports, and other legal documents.  They can be very handy.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool