Welcome Guest
You last visited March 25, 2019, 6:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Help me

12 replies. Last post 2 days ago by grwurston.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Gtmo
Cuba
Member #194703
December 23, 2018
4 Posts
Posted: March 14, 2019, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

I'm new to this lottery. I would like to know in the case of pick 3 in Florida, how many 1 dollar tickets can be bought from the same number

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1937 Posts
    Posted: March 14, 2019, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I'm new to this lottery. I would like to know in the case of pick 3 in Florida, how many 1 dollar tickets can be bought from the same number

Planning on breaking the lottery, are we?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Fayetteville, Tennessee
      United States
      Member #192082
      September 1, 2018
      69 Posts
      Posted: March 14, 2019, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Total 1000 different sets each triple is 1 play exact only a dolaar. double as in 007 has 3 different combos so 3 dollar plays the combo then a 3 different number as 123 would have 6 different combos for 6 dollar play on a combo. What you need to be able to do is know when at least 2 digits of the 3 are going to fall then just play every other number with 2 you are for sure on and combo them$$ good luck

Gtmo
        Cuba
        Member #194703
        December 23, 2018
        4 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2019, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

But if I want to play number 440, how much money can I put to this number, only 1 dollar or can I put 10 dollars?

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          I Am Going to Win Today.
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90247
          April 24, 2010
          7492 Posts
          Posted: March 14, 2019, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I don't see why you couldn't put as much as you want on it.

Now if a lot of others have the same idea...

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/171565

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Every lottery system can be improved. If you're not winning almost every day, yours can be made better.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55887
            October 23, 2007
            8513 Posts
            Posted: March 14, 2019, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

But if I want to play number 440, how much money can I put to this number, only 1 dollar or can I put 10 dollars?

You can play $10 or even more on one number as long as sales for that number haven't exceeded the limits.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

JeetKuneDoLotto's avatar - 9bWXOYG

United States
              Member #161362
              November 27, 2014
              137 Posts
              Posted: March 14, 2019, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Technically, i have heard that you DONT want to put 10 dollars on 440.  It is better to put 1 dollar ten times on 440.  I have also been told by more advance players than myself, that if you are playing a double, then its WISER to play a 50 cent combo bet on 440, instead of a 50/50 box/straight bet.  As for a cap on how much you can bet, well that depends on the liability.  From my observations liability mostly occurs with triples, but have also been found to occur with some "other" well know events/dates.  Good Luck!

Thinking...

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32651
                February 14, 2006
                8190 Posts
                Posted: March 15, 2019, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Technically, i have heard that you DONT want to put 10 dollars on 440.  It is better to put 1 dollar ten times on 440.  I have also been told by more advance players than myself, that if you are playing a double, then its WISER to play a 50 cent combo bet on 440, instead of a 50/50 box/straight bet.  As for a cap on how much you can bet, well that depends on the liability.  From my observations liability mostly occurs with triples, but have also been found to occur with some "other" well know events/dates.  Good Luck!

I Agree! with playing separate tickets, but that depends how much they want to wager. If they wager $100 to win $50,000 that's 100 $500 tickets they need to cash. Might take some time.

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23834
                  October 16, 2005
                  4036 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2019, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Most states (maybe all) stop selling numbers at some limit to make sure they don't have an enormous payout in case those numbers come up. Examples of numbers that might be played far more than normal would be 911 on 9/11 or 317 on St Patrick's day, so sales of those might be cut off at some point. As long as no particular number accounts for more than 1 of every 500 tickets sold the lottery can't lose money. OTOH, if the lottery sold a total of 1 million pick 3 tickets and 2500 of them had the winning number they'd collect $1 million in sales (less about $50k or so for sales commissions) but have a payout of $1.25 million. The limit will depend on how many tickets they sell, so states with large populations will have a higher limit than states with small populations.

I've got no idea what the limit is for any state, but if you want to play the same number a few hundred times you should have no problem in Florida or any other populous state unless you happen to have picked that day's popular number and wait until late in the day.

Gtmo
                    Cuba
                    Member #194703
                    December 23, 2018
                    4 Posts
                    Posted: March 16, 2019, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for your answers. I am already more clear about this issue of the lotteries in which I start now. Thank you

Tn
                      United States
                      Member #87739
                      March 2, 2010
                      258 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2019, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

The max payout in TN is $5 million on pick 3 and pick 4

Win or lose its a game of chance

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                        Brooklyn, NY
                        United States
                        Member #169719
                        October 29, 2015
                        1323 Posts
                        Posted: March 22, 2019, 7:06 am - IP Logged

"I have also been told by more advance players than myself, that if you are playing a double, then its WISER to play a 50 cent combo bet on 440, instead of a 50/50 box/straight bet."

That is because if you place a 50/50 bet on a double number (ie:440) and hit it straight, it will pay (for most states) $250 + $80. But, if it comes in any other way, you would only get $80.

If you played "440" as a 50 cent combo, it would cost $1.50, but whatever way the number comes out, you would get $250.

The Meatman 🥩🍗🍔🍖🍤🌭

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          I Am Going to Win Today.
                          bel air maryland
                          United States
                          Member #90247
                          April 24, 2010
                          7492 Posts
                          Posted: March 22, 2019, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

"I have also been told by more advance players than myself, that if you are playing a double, then its WISER to play a 50 cent combo bet on 440, instead of a 50/50 box/straight bet."

That is because if you place a 50/50 bet on a double number (ie:440) and hit it straight, it will pay (for most states) $250 + $80. But, if it comes in any other way, you would only get $80.

If you played "440" as a 50 cent combo, it would cost $1.50, but whatever way the number comes out, you would get $250.

Or you would get $500 if you played a $1.00 combo on 440.  Thumbs Up

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Every lottery system can be improved. If you're not winning almost every day, yours can be made better.