Welcome Guest
You last visited July 29, 2021, 10:57 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What was the very FIRST Lottery Game you ever played? :)

14 replies. Last post 8 hours ago by Speler.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Miami Florida
United States
Member #191036
July 13, 2018
290 Posts

The very FIRST Lottery Game I ever played was a $1 scratch off ticket in 2005. It was a Blackjack type of card game. If your Card was higher than the Dealer Card, without going over 21, you got a prize. :) I won $5 on this $1 ticket. LMAO! : D

What about you? :)

"What's your ADDRESS?" May be the CREEPIEST question EVER asked to a Lottery Winner! O.O WTF?

Florida
    United States
    Member #186822
    January 2, 2018
    364 Posts

Fantasy5 and won a cash prize for about $10 

reddog's avatar - reddog 20avatar.jpg
      Durham, North Carolina
      United States
      Member #1616
      June 5, 2003
      3506 Posts

The first Lottery game I played was back in the 80's . The $1.00 scratch off in Virgina. I lived in N.C. and a guy from work would drive to Virginia and buy a hundred of them and then sell them at work for $1.50 each.

Taking it one drawing at a time.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - giphy11resized
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56504
        November 21, 2007
        6936 Posts

The very FIRST Lottery Game I ever played was a $1 scratch off ticket in 2005. It was a Blackjack type of card game. If your Card was higher than the Dealer Card, without going over 21, you got a prize. :) I won $5 on this $1 ticket. LMAO! : D

What about you? :)

I can't remember the name of the ticket or the exact year, but my first time playing the lottery was when I was a kid and my mom bought some scratch off tickets and gave me one to scratch off. I had to be around 11/12 years old.

"twitter - youtube - steam - tumblr - instagram"

ThatScaryChick

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55887
          October 23, 2007
          11517 Posts

Very first lottery game I played was Ohio Lotto way back sometime in the 1980's. I think (not sure) that is the only game going on then. Don't remember Pick 3 or Cash 5 type game.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30469
            January 17, 2006
            11580 Posts

Deutsches Hessen Lotto in the early 1970s while stationed in Germany. 

It was once a week back then, aired on Saturday nights.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any. So many systems, so many theories, so few jackpot winners. 

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

reddog's avatar - reddog 20avatar.jpg
              Durham, North Carolina
              United States
              Member #1616
              June 5, 2003
              3506 Posts

I can't remember the name of the ticket or the exact year, but my first time playing the lottery was when I was a kid and my mom bought some scratch off tickets and gave me one to scratch off. I had to be around 11/12 years old.

I did the same thing with my kids when they were young. lol

Taking it one drawing at a time.

Elizabeth03's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
                Nova Scotia
                Canada
                Member #9934
                December 27, 2004
                1134 Posts

I think it, might have been the lotto 649 in Atlantic Canada!Sad Cheers

Belgium
                  Member #214858
                  April 17, 2021
                  398 Posts

Once the German lotto, maybe around 1977. My father played it.

There were Americans in Bitburg. Ronald Reagan once was there.
                  Wiki: 
                  Bitburg controversy

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32651
                    February 14, 2006
                    9210 Posts

Very first lottery game I played was Ohio Lotto way back sometime in the 1980's. I think (not sure) that is the only game going on then. Don't remember Pick 3 or Cash 5 type game.

The Ohio Lottery's first game was the fifty cents a ticket Buckeye 300. They started drawing the pick-3 game in 1979 and I played my license plate number and won $1083 on their second drawing. Even though they advertised "Play, win, and collect tonight", it took me two weeks to collect my winnings; took two days just to collect the $83 box win.

It's not my fault! I voted for Amy.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55887
                      October 23, 2007
                      11517 Posts

The Ohio Lottery's first game was the fifty cents a ticket Buckeye 300. They started drawing the pick-3 game in 1979 and I played my license plate number and won $1083 on their second drawing. Even though they advertised "Play, win, and collect tonight", it took me two weeks to collect my winnings; took two days just to collect the $83 box win.

Wow. I don't remember Buckeye 300. Only the Lotto. But, I wasn't into the lottery like I am now.

And at the time about the only game I could afford was the Lotto. 2 lines for a buck.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Miami Florida
                        United States
                        Member #191036
                        July 13, 2018
                        290 Posts

Hmm. Speaking of older Family Members playing Lottery, my Grandma DID send me to the Corner Store to buy her scratch off Lottery tickets. I was like 11 and the Clerk sold it to me when I said it was for my Grandma. This was around 1995, no way would a Clerk sell to an 11 year old in 2021. ;)  Grandma let me scratch off a Snowman game and said something like,"My Snowman didn't match any winning numbers, so it's a losing ticket. Mom played a scratch off ticket too a little later and won $30. :)

So, technically, the Snowman ticket Grandma told me to buy for her was my FIRST Lottery Game I played. :) The Blackjack Card Lottery ticket was my first Lottery Game as an ADULT....;)

"What's your ADDRESS?" May be the CREEPIEST question EVER asked to a Lottery Winner! O.O WTF?

Chasing $ Millions.
                          White Shores- California
                          United States
                          Member #136471
                          December 12, 2012
                          6681 Posts

* Pick 3. My stars were aligned because l used LP QP'S  and for a $3 wager, l ended up winning $300 plus in 2012. l even know how l spent part of that money. Took the wife to see a live show of Sherlock Holmes at the Chanticleers Theatre in Castro Valley.

* Voice of Reason *   

* The Truth Hurts *

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Baton Rouge, LA
                            United States
                            Member #4602
                            May 7, 2004
                            726 Posts

My first was a $1 scratch off called Louisiana Treasures, which was the first game for the Louisiana Lottery when it started. That was in 1991.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Belgium
                              Member #214858
                              April 17, 2021
                              398 Posts

On second thought, the first lottery game was the choice of parents before birth. There was a loddo to win.