Welcome Guest
You last visited May 20, 2018, 1:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Important Issue For All

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 15 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Susan's avatar - animal duck.jpg
Delaware
United States
Member #529
August 2, 2002
153 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2003, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd for the ok!

I received the following email today and feel it needs as much support as possible!

As one of 1.4 million Americans who have signed the petition to save our Pledge of Allegiance and national motto, I invite you to sign this important petition. To my knowledge, this is the most signed petition in history! As you know, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco banned the use of the phrase 'under God' by a vote of 2-1. When the full court heard the case, they also upheld the ruling. Help us get a Constitutional Amendment passed before this ruling becomes law. Go to http://www.wepledge.com to sign the petition, then forward this e-mail to all your friends and family. This is truly a grassroots movement and cannot succeed without the help of those who want to save the Pledge and national motto. Thanks.

Thomas Covenant's avatar - money
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #491
    July 16, 2002
    837 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2003, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

The Establishment Clause was intended to prohibit the federal government from declaring and financially supporting a national religion. Aren't we going down a Slippery Slope here? Do you really want the Federal Government declaring an Official Religion? The schools my children go to are very diversed. There are Muslims, Buddists, Wiccans, Atheists, etc there who would rather not have their patriotism tied to public professions of christian belief.

So I invite you to sign this Petition to

RESTORE OUR PLEDGE

to it's original version(pre-1954)

Please visit www.restorethepledge.com/ for more information and please visit www.restorethepledge.com/petition to sign the petition.

Okay, now I believe you can predict lottery numbers

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      24328 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2003, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Thomas, you are incorrect in your assertion that the Establishment Clause applies here.  Those who claim its use for the purpose of eliminating the word "God" from the pledge are misguided.

I'm only going to say this once, I will not continue to state it, so please pay attention:

The word God in the pledge talks about a higher being, a deity.  It does not refer to a single god as being above all others among the various faiths.  The Establishment Clause says that the US government cannot choose one religion as an "official" or "endorsed" religion.  Recognizing the existance of a deity does not endorse a single religion, and thus does not infringe upon the Establishment Clause.

All the "Americans" who bash this country's heritage by attempting to strip it away are free to voice their opinions.  But they are not free to change it to suit their radical opinions.  You are benefitting from the wisdom of some very special men who lived a couple of hundred years ago.  Men who strongly believed in God, and who traveled to this country, amongst other things, to freely practice their religion.  They wrote the word "God" into the fabric of this country - in every way - and the addition of the word "God" into the pledge sustained this tradition.  It was a valid and worthy act, and one that will not be spitefully removed by anyone.

This country was founded on beliefs, traditions, and values.  Attempts to strip our pledge of the word "God" is another example of ignorance.  I'll bet the majority of those who want to remove the word "God" can't even cite the pledge from memory.

The ninth circuit court that foolishly took on this issue is widely known as the most liberal, and most overruled, in the country.  If I were you, I would not model my actions after their opinions.  They should be chastised for their idiocy, not looked on as an intellectual template.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
        light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2003, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

GOD STAYS !!!!

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          24328 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2003, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

VisionDude - "Amen"

South Carolina
            United States
            Member #491
            July 16, 2002
            837 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2003, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

If you will notice Todd, the petition in the first post is titled "A Petition Supporting a Constitutional Amendment". A constitutional amendment would not be necessary if the pledge was constitutional. The phase "Under God" does refer to the christian god. The push to have it put in the pledge was started in 1951 by the Knights of Columbus. Look them up to see who they are.

In 1797 the United States entered into a treaty with Tripoli, in which it was declared:

"As the government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquillity [sic] of Musselmen . . . it is declared . . . that no pretext arising from religious opinion shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." This treaty was written under Washington's presidency, and it was ratified by Congress under John Adams, signed by Adams.

I am an American, Todd, an American without the quotation marks.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              24328 Posts
              Posted: March 12, 2003, 12:21 am - IP Logged

A constitutio

United States
                Member #637
                August 28, 2002
                80 Posts
                Posted: March 12, 2003, 6:22 am - IP Logged

I would say "Touche", Todd, but I, along with "beaucoup" AMERICANS, am boycotting things that are appeasingly french.  So, I will say AMEN, under GOD.

Susan, just signed and submitted the petition.  Thanks.

South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #491
                  July 16, 2002
                  837 Posts
                  Posted: March 12, 2003, 6:39 am - IP Logged

Todd, if you can't understand how the points I brought up apply to the issue, then there is no reason for us to continue.

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    24328 Posts
                    Posted: March 12, 2003, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I understand perfectly, but I agree that we should stop.

Lottowiz34's avatar - spider
                      Miami,FL
                      United States
                      Member #760
                      October 7, 2002
                      267 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2003, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Wow!! Thomas your comments and beliefs started a heated debate with "Lottery Systems" now it almost started one with "Government\Religious" systems your almost worse than VisionDude.Yes Todd your better off not even going there with him I've already "been there done that" with him and the VisionGuy!!!

United States
                        Member #60
                        October 28, 2001
                        455 Posts
                        Posted: March 12, 2003, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

9th Circuit Appeals Court Regulation:

By regulating the 9th Circuit Court Of Appeals as to how they will perform their duties and barring them from future assaults on the fabric of this nation will insure that the power is in the people.The U.S. Government have enduldged themselves long enough at the expense of the people through fascists and tyrranical means.Now we are in a big mess in a bad way.Never should our Constitution be negotiated to support UNGODLY lifestyles from choice as it was not designed to do so.

The hyporcrits want to say:I have a right...I have a right at the sametime destroy or, remove the very thing which gives them their rights.No matter how you slice it...No (living) God ...No U.S.Remove the members of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals for that TREASONISTS act and make all Judgeships an elected post instead of an appointed one.

lottoscorp

United States
                          Member #60
                          October 28, 2001
                          455 Posts
                          Posted: March 12, 2003, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Susan...Mission Accomplished.

lottoscorp

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                            light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: March 12, 2003, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

day two, GOD IS

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
                              Member #60
                              October 28, 2001
                              455 Posts
                              Posted: March 12, 2003, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

It is one thing for the "Secular" at heart to have anti-God opinion but it is clear you are out of line when you assume you are the majority and you think the people of this great nation are not watching...When a student in a U.S. ( A country in the western hemisphere founded on the principals of the Living God ) taxpayers classroom are threatend with unGodly alternatives of worship in effort to support an unGodly - perverse lifestyle due to his Christian beliefs it is time to find out who pays who in this pervers society.

We Need A Bill ...That will allow all Judgeships in this country to become elected offices.

We Need A Bill...That will kill all Jurists appointments.