Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Challenge to Fellow LotteryPost Friends!!

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 14 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1047
January 17, 2003
348 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2003, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Lotto Analyist and Lotto Wiz,

Quit complaining.  Don't read into too much what others say.  God damn it ... Yo Lotto Analyst, set the freaking rules and let the challenge begin.  I think we have enough people here.  Don't drag this out to death. 

Let the challenge show which people can walk the walk as well as talk the talk in whatever systems one uses.

Let the game begin.  If you can't set the rules, I'll do pleasure.

You want LottoSouth .. fine..  Saturday draws.... fine.  how bout 5 tickets each saturday starting this one.  LottoSouth, for 5 weeks.

that's a total of 25 tickets.  seem fair?

Don't blow all your winnings in one place - Choose Annuity

United States
    Member #1047
    January 17, 2003
    348 Posts
    Posted: March 19, 2003, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

RJOH is right.  There have been a lot of people in here claiming their system have won lots of money but there isn't ONE person in here who have posted any #s before the drawing and actually hit it big. 

I can assure you that whether we spend 15 seconds or 15 hours through various analysis, # patterns, wheeling, dealing, charting, praedo graphing and coming with the picks,  overall  ... it'll produce the same results!

But if you see any entertainment values by spending the time, by all means, kudos to you!

washington
      United States
      Member #1276
      March 17, 2003
      89 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2003, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Maybe he's stuck in traffic.

here's my suggestion:

I would suggest the Maryland 6/49 lotto be played. It plays on
      Saturday and has 1306 draws to date.

I live in Washington state so there's no home state
      advantage attached to my suggestion. Just in case your
      wondering.

How about 10 consecutive draws. And a realistic number
      of lines played, an amount that an individual would
      play in a real lotto dollars. Something like 10-20, as
      opposed to scores or hundreds of combinations.

Or five drawings starting this Saturday.

Hopefully we will have this settled soon. So we can begin selecting our plays, for the "Challenge".

Lottowiz34's avatar - spider
        Miami,FL
        United States
        Member #760
        October 7, 2002
        267 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2003, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Hey "Cotti47" I sent you the information you requested about the "Consecutive Number" method I use did you get

it? just checking!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2003, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Since the odds of all 649 drawings are the same, why not permit everyone in the challenge to play any 649 lottery they normal play using the methods and numbers of lines they would normal play.  Some players like to play regularly with a small amount and others like Mr Whittaker who won the last MM jackpot over $100M perfer to play a large amount when the jackpot is larger.  Everyone should know all they need to know about the lotteries they normally play.  Ohio has had 279 drawings and has a $14M jackpot for this weekend which is $2M higher than their MM jackpot.  Maybe someone will get lucky and actually win some money after posting their predictions.

RJOh

Pacific Northwest
            United States
            Member #1229
            March 6, 2003
            707 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2003, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

First Challenge thought:

If a 6/49 games would be played (probably one of the oldest lottery games around) the suggestion of 5 or 10 tickets would not be enough to see anything about a system.

If you are trying to evaluate the quality of different systems, programs or other tools, that would require to pick a sample that would have some statistical significance. 25 to 100 tickets in a 5 or 10 draw run would be a reasonable sample. Statistically to can expect one to two 3 number hits during that period. That would certainly not enough to find out about the quality or superiority of a particular system.

My suggestion would be to at least enter at least 1000 picks over a period of 5 draws. 200 picks per day.

Just the first of my thought.

washington
              United States
              Member #1276
              March 17, 2003
              89 Posts
              Posted: March 19, 2003, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

lottowiz34

I hav'nt received anything. Where did you send it.

washington
                United States
                Member #1276
                March 17, 2003
                89 Posts
                Posted: March 19, 2003, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

lottowiz34

I found the message, new to this board/format. So I wasn't sure where to look.

thanks for the message, will be going over it soon.

washington
                  United States
                  Member #1276
                  March 17, 2003
                  89 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2003, 1:01 am - IP Logged

RJOH

You mentioned that Mr. Whittaker played a large amount of

tickets. What's the story on him winning MM. If you don't

mind telling itl

Pacific Northwest
                    United States
                    Member #1229
                    March 6, 2003
                    707 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2003, 1:30 am - IP Logged

I like your point Jazzy. Cool!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19901 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2003, 9:03 am - IP Logged

To cotti47

Mr Whittaker(if I spelled it right) was the gentleman from West Virgina who owned several construction companies who won the MM lottery right after Christmas and took the cash which was over $100M. He stated he had bought $100 worth of QP tickets and with his winnings he planned to give 10% to his church and use some of his winnings to call some his laid-off workers back to work.  He was not the first businessman who won that bought a lot of tickets.  My point was that not everyone play the lottery the same way.  Some people believe their chances of winning are better with more tickets and don't play unless they can afford a lot of tickets either in a pool or on their own.  Some systems have a lot of lines to play, so limiting the challenge to a few lines would eliminate those systems.  Most people when they go on a vacation to gamble are going to spend more than $10.

RJOh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19901 Posts
                        Posted: March 21, 2003, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to read you have retracted your challenge. As you pointed out, using different systems and wagering amounts would be like comparing apples and oranges, but camparing a winning system with the other systems would be like comparing a diamond with apples and oranges.  If you do what others are doing and win, you just got lucky and your odds of losing is the same.

Years ago when lotteries jackpots were larger than the odds of winning them, there was an investment company from Europe that invested in American lotteries by trying to buy all the possible combinations when the jackpots reached a certain level.  They were featured on the TV show 'How They Do That' when they won the Virgina lottery by buying more than 80% of the possible combinations.  Many lottery player said they didn't play fair, but they won.  As a result, Virgina changed it's lottery regulations so no players could hog their machines and limit their use to the general public, most lotteries have similar regulations now.

If there is such a person as a professional lottery player, I'm sure he is not buying a QP or $10-$20 worth of tickets per drawings, because that is what I do and I have never done better than matched 5 or 6 in a 649 game.  I'm am sure that a winning system is not going to be with in the parameters of the aveage lottery players.

RJOh

United States
                          Member #1047
                          January 17, 2003
                          348 Posts
                          Posted: March 22, 2003, 9:08 am - IP Logged

RJOH,

Correction to your statement above.  I believe Jacko Whittaker won the Powerball, NOT MegaMillions right after X-Mas.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19901 Posts
                            Posted: March 22, 2003, 11:00 am - IP Logged

To AnnuityIs Great

I stand corrected, Mr. Whittaker was from West Virgina which has the Powerball.  I was surprised that Cotti47 hadn't read about him, since there were quite a few comments posted about him at this forum.

RJOh