Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

5/7 New Tex Lot 60-100 million Jacks

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 14 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1079
January 24, 2003
104 Posts
Posted: May 8, 2003, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

well, the TLC is taking it's que from our Pres who decided public opinion & laws don't matter, he's gonna do/get what HE wants. That's how he got to be pres, & went to war. Now TLC does what IT wants to, screw the players. I think what may happen is the JP will take alot longer to build up to 20mil, and then make big jumps after that. Since loads of people & TLC seem to be saying that players are not even going to bother playing until JPs are over 20mil. We'll see how it goes. I think Dawn should start a BB for TX players. that'd be great. Of course I'd still post other places too.

United States
    Member #1079
    January 24, 2003
    104 Posts
    Posted: May 9, 2003, 9:28 am - IP Logged

Another article about possibly joing a multi-state lotto. I would hope so!!!! But if TLC decides TX will join, then they better change the pick6 again. I'm thinking I just might hold onto my old pick6 data now in case they decide to join a multi-state, and change back to the old 6/54. Better safe than sorry huh? Time will tell. I really bet they change in 2-3 years again anyway. Mark my words folks: 2005-2006 another pick6 game change.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: May 9, 2003, 10:04 am - IP Logged
      Rebeckah:

I believe Texas dventually will join MM (although I prefer Powerball.)If and when the TLC sells a multi-state game, than Lotto TX should go back to the 6/54 or even 6/50.

Amarillo/Austin
        United States
        Member #1424
        April 25, 2003
        696 Posts
        Posted: May 9, 2003, 11:11 am - IP Logged

The change may come quicker than we think.  Dawn's site says the Texas House of Representatives is planning a public hearing Thursday, May 15th at 8 a.m. about possible illegality in setting up the new Texas powerball game.  The Texas Lottery Commission purchased the new game machines BEFORE they asked for public comment on the issue.  In other words, the commission was determined to change the game no matter what the public had to say on the subject.  Like they say in the Pace TV commercial  . . . "Get A Rope!"

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: May 9, 2003, 1:26 pm - IP Logged
          Rebeckah:

At least the TLC didn't replace the 6/54 with a game (like PA Super-6) with AUTOMATIC       quick-picks.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: May 9, 2003, 1:45 pm - IP Logged
            For all the griping about the new Lotto TX game, it DOES have a 52% prize return.

You could have it worse...like 38-40% (NY Lotto).

Amarillo/Austin
              United States
              Member #1424
              April 25, 2003
              696 Posts
              Posted: May 9, 2003, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Cash Only:

Texans are used to better.  That includes representative government.  Texas is not New York.  We don't suffer and brag about it.

United States
                Member #434
                June 30, 2002
                675 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2003, 7:48 am - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on May 09, 2003

Rebeckah:

At least the TLC didn't replace the 6/54 with a game (like PA Super-6) with AUTOMATIC       quick-picks.

CASH,

IMO, it's not the automatic quick pick option of Super 6 that is killing the game. It's the awful prizes for coming in 2nd, etc.

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: May 10, 2003, 8:18 am - IP Logged
                  smd:

You can make an argument that Super-6 should have a bonus ball (eg 5+B second prize). Note that the new TX game DOES NOT pay for matching _only_ the "power" ball (small p).