Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Love or Money?

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 13 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Would you take true love over lots of money?

Yes-true love is more important [ 21 ]  [45.65%]
No way-money is everything [ 5 ]  [10.87%]
I can buy love with my money [ 8 ]  [17.39%]
Money can't buy true love [ 12 ]  [26.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 46 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
Virginia
United States
Member #1712
June 20, 2003
1549 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2003, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Hey gang:

Definitely love over $ for me and mine... No question!

Back to Tipi for meeting with other Chief's about Tuesday's MM

Drawing... That's me on the right.

Do-nv-da-go-hv-i  Until we meet again. 

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

United States
    Member #1759
    June 29, 2003
    1156 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2003, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Actually it depends on the individual but the saying goes "Love don't pay the Bills" "Love doesn't put food in your mouth" and "Love doesn't put a Roof over your Head" the only people that are miserable are the ones that don't know how to balance these 2 things in there life.Individuals who's sole purpose in Life is to aquireWealth will suffer in the long run but those who

want Money to have a secure and enjoyable life will do quite well as long as they manage there money right.Money is not the Root of all Evil it's the people who have money that use it for all the wrong reason's

the evil is in the person not the money.If you gave 50 million dollars to a criminal he'll continue his life of crime he'll just have more ammunition to do it now

if you give 50 million to a person that's goodhearted he will most likely use the money to help others.Money is just as important as Love but depending on the situation Money can be a lot more important when it comes to things that are necessary in life in order to live.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: September 13, 2003, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

If you are factoring money into whether you love someone... don't even bother wasting your time or the otherperson's time... just focus on the money. separated for financial reasons? apparently they only heard the good half of the vows... If you are gonna give love in exchange for money... I think that's still legal in nevada... seriously, what's the difference?

I'd take true love anyday! Mixing love and money is like mixing oil and water... one rises to the top... if for you that is money rising to the top, don't waste someone else's time with love at all... if it's love that rises to the top, then you have something and money is a separate issue (as it should be). Perhaps if they issued a test before granting marriage licences the divorce rate would go down.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
        Member #1759
        June 29, 2003
        1156 Posts
        Posted: September 13, 2003, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Money and Love can go hand in hand if its' done right Financial problems that end relationships don't necessarily have to be because the other person only married for money.There are many cases where true love really did exist in the relationship but Financial hardships put a serious strain on the relationship.We as human beings can only deal with so much some can handle more problems in life than others.There are many factors that contribute to the problems in a relationship money is just one of them.You can still love someone even if you feel Money is more important in life it doesn't mean your going to mistreat that person.You can balance the 2 but if I had a choice to be in Love and Broke over being in Love and Rich I'd rather be in Love and Rich or just stay single.I've been in Love when I had Money and didn't have Money and having Money was a WHOLE lot better.

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: September 13, 2003, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

I'm not factoring in money as being the only reason to love someone that's WRONG,I'm just saying that in reality Love isn't necessarily more important when you consider the problems couples already have to deal with

in a relationship.Being broke or barely making ends meet just adds to them and makes it more difficult

for the relationship to go on.Some people are strong enough to get through the tough times most couples are not just look at the High divorce rate.I use to believe Love was the most important thing in life to have but after being in love 3 times I realised it isn't it's the second most important because it doesn't last.Money last longer than Love I'd rather be Rich and Single than

Poor and Single at least I'd have money to do things and keep my mind off of a broken heart.

Thomas Covenant's avatar - money
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #491
            July 16, 2002
            837 Posts
            Posted: September 13, 2003, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Money can't buy you love, but you can rent a reasonable facsimilie of it.

Okay, now I believe you can predict lottery numbers

United States
              Member #1759
              June 29, 2003
              1156 Posts
              Posted: September 13, 2003, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Never buy Love with money and definitetly don't buy the other kind of love with it either,it may kill you!!!!

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2003, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Quote:

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                  Clarksville
                  United States
                  Member #487
                  July 15, 2002
                  17638 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2003, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I choose "love over money".  This is my second marriage.  His family was against our marriage from the start.  I and he feel as though we  are meant to be together.  Things happen.  He has never held a job longer than 1 year, most of the time he has been unemployed..money is always tight but I love him no matter what.  I also believe that through faith our needs will be met. When his child support got increased, the LORD made a way for us to pay it with no problem.  When our vehicles gasp their last breathes, there is always some money for a down payment on another.  When he was diagnosed with seizures, some good even came of that.  He quit smoking cigarettes and drinking beer and the state got him a job that he can keep. I am probably more happy than I have ever been and I don't worry about so many things because I know that as long as we are together things will work out.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                    Clarkston, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #76
                    January 6, 2002
                    8528 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2003, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Dude and Little Old Lady,

Hey we are some tough cookiesat the Lottery Post, aren't we? My kids always think we have always been financially independent.  I used to go to the penny jar for diapers for my son (he was allergic to the cloth ones)....my husband and I had to pay off our student loans, constantly broke.  Recently at my nephew's funeral, we drove our kids by our old apartment.....they couldn't believe we lived there...........but we were happy.  The Lord always provided us with our needs.  I worked two jobs for awhile while my husband worked full-time and we made it  thru.

I believe we are tested constantly by the Lord.  Not for the right and wrongs.............but for the strengths and weaknesses.  I also believe there is a reason for everything that happens to us.  Years later we may find the answer or we may never know.......that is the Lord's way.  You all know I had been ill for 3 years.....in the hospital at one point for 7 months straight (that's ill...lol)......I wanted to kill myself I felt so useless lying there not being able to move but now thru everything I feel better than I have in 15 years.........I look better also except for the wrinkles and the important thing I found out who I was.................I didn't know who I was for all these years.........and my husband fell in love with me all over again.

Pick4Master, I don't believe financial difficulties ruin a man and woman's love for each other.  Give them a ton of money and they would probably split anyway.  Plain and simple, their love wasn't strong enough.  Every marriage has difficulties whether it be money or something else.  My son is having difficulty in his marriage and he is financially secure.  He had an affair after 7 years of marriage.  Surprised the heck out of me, that's for sure.  The reason I am revealing this is that he and his wife are trying to work things out now for over a year (that's patience). I will tell you what I told him, "You are thinking with the wrong head." But he has a Christian wife who has prayed on this and who loves him much.  He realizes that now she could of just left and walked out with half their money.  They have become closer than ever because they are talking.  Who knows how they will end up; God is the only one who knows for sure. 

Pick4Master, I think all of us have been guilty of saying we love someone but until someone knows real, deep, committed love, they will never understand what people have that have that kind of love.....I was in love when I was sixteen.......geez.....or I thought so.....realizing now that it was not love but lust.  We often confuse the two.  Committed love faces all obstacles and deals with them....together. 

Remember, in Corinthians, "Love is Patient and Kind".  Patience no matter what the difficulty.  Kindness no matter what the fault. 

Sandy

United States
                      Member #1759
                      June 29, 2003
                      1156 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2003, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Your misunderstanding my comments I'm saying that Financial problems add to the problems that may already exist in a relationship.I never said they change the feelings of Love that a couple has for each other,what happens is the feelings are still there but due to the problems whether they are a combination of Financial,Emotional or whatever the relationship ends.That's what happen to me, me and my X still love each other but the problems at the time were to much for us we were young and inexperienced on how to deal with them properly.Therefore we made a lot of mistakes but everyone does read what I'm saying to see where I'm coming from nothing last forever, but there are exceptions but it depends on the people involved,there age plus the circumstances of how they met.There are a lot of factors involved concerning relationships they can end whether you have love or money, all I'm saying is that money problems can put a serious strain on a relationship even if it is perfect.You forget we live in a Negative world there's negative forces all around us I've seen perfect relationships where true love existed go down the drain.That's when I realised LOVE doesn't really conguer all if your destined to be with someone else.I thought my x-wife was my Soul-Mate and we would be together forever but I was wrong.Then I met my next girlfriend who I believe is my other soul mate I discovered that it's possible to have more than one LOVE in your life we aren't necessarily destined to be with just one person forever.You might go through many relationships before you wind up with your FINAL partner in life.Some relationships can last for 20 yrs and they still break up, why? because the relationship ran it's course and it's time to move on it doesn't matter how much love or money or lack of it was there if your meant to be with another person then that relationship will end.Then after being married for 20 yrs and divorcing you meet this person that really LIGHTS up your life and your with them for 30 yrs or more maybe until death.There's more to it than just TRUE LOVE everyone's talking like if there's TRUE LOVE than everything will work out and be okay but that's not true all the time, we can't control love it's a non-controllable entity and things happen beyond our control we didn't create LOVE God did so when we experience this emotion we may want things to last forever but unless we can see our own future we don't know what's gonna happen 5-10 yrs from now we could be with someone else with 3 kids when we were talking about marrying and having kids with the person we were with 5-10 yrs earlier.Love is not like what you see in the MOVIES that's fantasy in reality LOVE is more complicated and hard to deal with at times it has it's ups and downs,good times and bad times.But I guarantee you that everyone will experience a HEARTBREAK at some point and time in there life.I still believe in TRUE LOVE it's just that now I see it for how it really is UNPREDICTABLE and UNRELIABLE some couples will beat the odds but not without many HEARTACHES along the way.You can't expect LOVE to always pull you through everything if something else is waiting for you or the relationship has ran it's course.I understand LOVE alot better now so the next go around I'll be prepared just in case things go the opposite direction after everything is wonderful in the beginning.

United States
                        Member #1759
                        June 29, 2003
                        1156 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2003, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I speak from first hand experience and knowledge gathered from my 36 yrs on this planet I'm old enough to know and see what it's really about when it comes to LOVE and MONEY.Money can solve a lot more problems in life than love can but I'm not putting Money over Love for Materialistic reasons but for common sense reasons after dealing with certain things in my life.Those of you who have a strong long lasting relationship based on True Love that's wonderful but I bet it wasn't easy getting there.It's just that the High you feel when your with your TRUE LOVE CAN SUDDENLY BE INTERRRUPTED OR FADE AWAY and depending on the situation there's really nothing you can do about it.Christian or not it works both ways your not shielded from the negative things in life that can affect you just because of your religious beliefs bad things happen to good people as well.And even though we face these things in life to make us wiser and stronger the sacrifice maybe the ending of a relationship where TRUE LOVE existed.

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2003, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on September 14, 2003

Christian or not it works both ways your not shielded from the negative things in life that can affect you just because of your religious beliefs bad things happen to good people as well.

exactly.

which is why even though i have a great marriage (unless my wife changes her mind - lol),  i will continue to put my trust in God first above people and "things" because both can change.  there is no such thing as financial security.  it is an oxy-MORON.

in my life there are only two guarantee's ;

(1) that i cannot control what other people do around me and that i can only control a certain amount of the circumstancial part of my life.

(2) that i can depend on God to give me the tools to handle ANYTHING that comes my way and that i can control my attitude towards it.

i trust him because he has NEVER broken his word to me. people and things change but God remains consistent. add God to the equation and it gives it a better "base",  but not a guarantee as it depends on both people.  but this is what i hang my life on ;

"i will NEVER leave you nor forsake you"                hebrews 13:5

(but if you are fortunate enough to have a great relationship AND $$$$$ ,  icing on your "cake"...)

singularvisionwillworkbutipreferdoublevision

United States
                            Member #1759
                            June 29, 2003
                            1156 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2003, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

I have to disagree with you on that statement about financial security,it does exist I've experienced it but everyone may have a different opinion on what financial security is to them.Having enough money to pay your bills,take care of your health and enjoy leisure activities is what I consider financial security

meeting your responsibilities without being in the hole

not having to worry about where the money for this or that is gonna come from.I'm glad your religious convictions complete your life and take care of your needs.We all have different views on this as well, Money is not my God but it's an important part of life even Religion needs Money and I'd rather have money than not have it.

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2003, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

i would rather have money than not have money as well :)

but there is no such thing as financial security otherwise you could never lose what you have and we all know thats possible no matter how "smart" a person thinks they are or how much they have.

a crooked advisor, an enron, a tweaked chemical imbalance,              a "christopher reeve" and no matter how much you have it could either become meaningless in an instant or vanish altogether.

how can you say that you were "financially secure" once and then lose it?  the definitions of secure would include "without end" and "unable to lose". since one can lose it,  there is no such thing as "security".  (there are things that we cannot control)

"religion" needs money you are right.  but God doesn't. (there is a difference).

myvisiongivesmetheabilitytotelltruesecurityfromfalsereality