Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Love or Money?

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 13 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Would you take true love over lots of money?

Yes-true love is more important [ 21 ]  [45.65%]
No way-money is everything [ 5 ]  [10.87%]
I can buy love with my money [ 8 ]  [17.39%]
Money can't buy true love [ 12 ]  [26.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 46 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  

United States
Member #1759
June 29, 2003
1156 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2003, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Yes that makes a lot of sense but sometimes when things are bad it's best to leave the relationship.When you do all you can to make it work and things don't really change it's usually a sign that it's time to move on

that's what happened to me and TRUE LOVE was there but Marriage experience wasn't that's why we marry more than once because hopefully we learn from the mistakes we made the first go around.Some people do and some don't but I did so when I get married again I know what and what not to do.You also have to factor in age/maturity I was 26 when I got married now I'm 36 and a very different person mentally and emotionally and made a lot of mistakes with my wife who was very young

at the time (19)I didn't know what being a Husband was all about so I still treated her like a girlfriend instead of a wife.I don't think you should stay in a relationship if it's bad after doing all you can or all you know at the time because it may not be enough or the right things.After you get experience from age and other relationships or marriages it can help those who really want a long lasting commitment to "DO THE RIGHT THING!!"

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2003, 7:11 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on September 15, 2003

No thanks I think I like the VIEW better from HERE it's a lot CLEARER.

ahhhhh,  but do you consider yourself open minded?

do you allow yourself the luxury of being wrong and the greater luxury of adjusting yourself to that wrong?

peoplewithtruevisionmakeanallowanceforperipheralvisiontostrengthenthierown

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2003, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Quote:

light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2003, 7:50 am - IP Logged

good post midwstrngirl.

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2003, 8:09 am - IP Logged

hold it right there bub. my trigger finger is slippery because of that jelly donut i just ate. i ain't none too worried about lawsuits as i done shot three people this week already. my personal best is four...

see maggie. i wasn't kidding

"bad cop - no donut"

myvisionhelpsmeseecleardespitethebugsonthewindshieldoflife

United States
            Member #1759
            June 29, 2003
            1156 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2003, 8:38 am - IP Logged

I'm HUMAN so I can be wrong and I definitely have an open-mind unlike you who thinks the Lottery can ONLY be WON with a QUICK-PICK and FAITH.I'm no Saint and I don't think I KNOW IT ALL I just use COMMON SENSE about things while you use your VISION!!!!

light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2003, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

i told you i have an open mind about this.  i am still waiting for someone to step up to the plate and prove it instead of talking about it.

in the rock - paper - scissors sense,  vision beats human common sense everytime....

emotionsandcircumstancescanchangebutvisionremainsrocksolid

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: September 16, 2003, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

That's "NOT TRUE" VisionDude your "VISION" was created by GOD and so was "HUMAN COMMON SENSE" so it depends on how you use it.You use your VISION wisely just like I use my COMMON SENSE wisely both of which were given to us by a HIGHER POWER.So you can't say that because it sounds like your putting yourself on a PEDESTAL like your up there with JESUS or something.We all have the same gifts and abilities it's just that not all of us know how to use them or we use them the wrong way.

light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: September 16, 2003, 6:05 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: O

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2003, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Okay,now your MAKING SENSE so we can at least agree on something(ALMOST).I STILL disagree with your comment about VISION and COMMON SENSE, you can use both as well as one or the other like I said before thay came from the same place "THE MAN UPSTAIRS" if he didn't want us to use it he would have never given it to us.Common sense and Intelligence exist in our Brains and if I remember correctly we were created in his image (correct me if that statement is incorrect).So common sense and wisdom go "HAND in HAND" they compliment each other there like Brother and Sister they may operate differently but perform the same FUNCTION guidance,clarity,inspiration and knowledge.

MICHIGAN
                      United States
                      Member #1715
                      June 20, 2003
                      164 Posts
                      Posted: September 16, 2003, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I'll take love over money any day. The odds of a successful marriage sometimes seems as high as the odds of winning millions.  When you lose at the millions, you throw the ticket away and try again.  Love isn't so easy.  You hurt, and suffer emotionally from losing love.  If I could have a dollar for everytime I wanted to leave my hardheaded man, I'd already be a billionaire, and wouldn't need to play lottery.  Money won't give you a lot of talkback and sass, like your mate can and will, but for me money is not warm enough to hold me and comfort me.

I'm content having a nice house, nice cars and money put away for those golden years.  We have not been blessed with children and likely won't be, but money wouldn't make that happen either.  I can adopt without a lot of money, just as I can with more money.  Love is the clear winner for me.  He is my soul mate and I think he's irreplaceable.  Even when I am so mad at him and wish I had magic powers (he calls me Witchy) to zap him into another planet, once I calm down, I know I wouldn't be happy with millions and not him.  It's love over money....always!

light on my feet
                        United States
                        Member #356
                        May 20, 2002
                        2744 Posts
                        Posted: September 16, 2003, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

i think that common sense is a very reliable asset.  i have turned to it many times when i had no other answer. and i defintely think that it comes from God as well.  common sense is that check and balance that we turn to in our daily life when things are not so clear.          my point was that God will at times supercede what we would normally attach to common sense and ask us to do something that makes no sense at all.  it is at that time that vision supercedes common sense.

i will give you an example.  remember the story of NOAH in the bible?  God asking him to build the ark and all?  what most people don't know about that story is that it had NEVER rained before in the history of creation up until that time.  God watered the earth with a mist every night but no "rain". God was telling NOAH to build a ship because he wanted to preserve his family and the animals from the flood of the earth.  it had never rained before AND it took NOAH over 100 years to build it.  factor in all of NOAH's detractors who dropped by to make fun of him day in and day out and where is the common sense in that?  if NOAH wsan't driven by vision and instead was motivated by common sense,  he would have quit for two reasons.  overwhelming criticism and 100 years of doubt.

vision was the fuel that carried him all the way to the end.            common sense would have been the death of that vision.

althoughiamthankfulthforthevisioniamalsothankfulthatitisnotuptome

United States
                          Member #1759
                          June 29, 2003
                          1156 Posts
                          Posted: September 16, 2003, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Okay your really starting to impress me your MAKING SENSE now.Maybe we need to stay away from the Lottery Discussions because that's when you start talking CRAZY

Non-sense.

light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: September 16, 2003, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on September 17, 2003

Maybe we need to stay away from the Lottery Discussions because that's when you start talking CRAZY
                            Non-sense.

well right now it sounds like non sense.  i am OK with that.  afterall,  i am riding my vision to the mutha lump.

then it will make "more" sense (lol).

beforeavisioniscompleteitsoundsmorelikeaforeignlanguage

United States
                              Member #1759
                              June 29, 2003
                              1156 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2003, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Well I'm quite sure you WILL maybe before me or maybe after me.