Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

should megamillions change the rules

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 13 years ago by kbcherokee.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

different rules so mega gets bigger pots?

no - its hard enough to win [ 16 ]  [72.73%]
add an extra ball so its 53:53 [ 4 ]  [18.18%]
add just an extra white ball [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
add an extra mega ball [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
my wallet hurts [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
Total Valid Votes [ 22 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2003, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I'm thrilled winning $3 on the powerball... I'm in for the PB regardles of the jackpot size

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2003, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

my parents spend more than 2 million just on their divorce and that was in the late 80's. i think a million is a lot less than you think. also i think alot of people think like i do about wanting large prizes - the amount of tickets sold (including the number of people buying them) soars if the prize breaks 200mil. if i wanted just a small amount of money i'd buy the daily pick 3 game like i used to. even a cheap house in a nice neighborhood here costs 2 mil +. then you factor in the money going to different family members,etc. its no wonder they sell more tickets on big prizes. i think it boils down to people that play every drawing vs. the occational buyer. i know i only would consider buying mega if it broke 200 and with the current rules i dont think it ever will break 200 especially after texas and possibly tennesse joins it. i think if anything it will continue its loosing streak of having small jackpots with terrible odds.

Thomas Covenant's avatar - money
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #491
      July 16, 2002
      837 Posts
      Posted: October 4, 2003, 9:02 am - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by Kristin on October 02, 2003

<FONT face=Arial color=#330000 size=2>

You wouldnt be able to spend that much money in your life time, $3 million dollars alone can last you 20 years if you spent it wisely. In another note, you will not only be spending your winnings from a $1.00 purchase, collecting $200 million dollars, but you will also be spending the Interest each day too. Each day as the interest grows, so does your Jackpot prize amount! You wouldnt be happy with half of the winnings even if taxes were taken out? I sure would be! Your childrens children could never spend it!

I know one thing, I'll keep playing Mega Millions no matter how high the Jackpot is. I don't have greedy hands, I will be happy with just $175 win spending just $1.00.   I don't complain about Odds, especially if I win or lose. People know by playing lottory games such as Mega or Powerball, that there will always be high Odds no matter what, and like I said high Odds or low Odds, winning is based on pure luck.

Wouldn't be able to spend all that money in my lifetime? You haven't seen some of the houses I have posted here in the past. It really is easy to spend money. MC Hammer comes to mind. He, as well as many mega stars, had countless millions during the height of their fame, but spent it all and had to declare bankruptcy.

Okay, now I believe you can predict lottery numbers

United States
        Member #1178
        February 22, 2003
        632 Posts
        Posted: October 4, 2003, 9:40 am - IP Logged
        Wouldn't be able to spend all that money in my lifetime? You haven't seen some of the houses I have posted here in the past. It really is easy to spend money. MC Hammer comes to mind. He, as well as many mega stars, had countless millions during the height of their fame, but spent it all and had to declare bankruptcy.

Speaking of MC Hammer, he is a Celebrity, all Celebrities tend to spend more money than they gain. I heard once that Rappers always spend $25,000 grand in one night alone on wine and beer, now that is just plain nuts. They spend $250,000 on hotels for one night alone, and to rent a nice boat, they spend sometimes around $2 million a night. Speaking of Celebrities, some of them always have a cash flow coming from each direction they can think of, the money keeps on rising up.

Bankruptcy is the last thing I would declare in my life if I hit the millions, I have brains and know how to spend money wisely. If you do to, then your money will last you a lifetime. Why spend money like that if you know you really dont need it, just because you can afford it? Its pointless to me! If I know I can afford to have anything I want, but dont really need it, I wouldnt even bother buying it. I would rather help out people who are in desperate need for money, those who cannot put food on the table for their children and families. Knowing that I helped people in need, I would feel a lot better of myself, than just buying things I do not need, I would feel bad seeing people starving in the streets not being able to buy the things I can and dont want.

By saying that, any prize level to me right now is acceptable, I am not greedy nor selfish, I'll take anything that comes my way, (Well, almost anything).

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: October 7, 2003, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

Yet, some lottery "millionaires" have gone broke.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: October 9, 2003, 7:52 am - IP Logged

For those of you who believe $100 million is too much for one person, you should consider sharing tickets (with someone you TRUST).

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: October 9, 2003, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

yes with your friends at lo

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
                Virginia
                United States
                Member #1712
                June 20, 2003
                1549 Posts
                Posted: October 10, 2003, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

"NO"

-Why should they?-

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.