Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What a program needs to be good ...

Topic closed. 111 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Johnny5.

Page 5 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
Member #2815
November 18, 2003
502 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2003, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

No, I haven't thought about multiple bettors. Just keeps track for one user bet/profit/loss. Maybe in the far future, if everything goes well I'll think about that too. I've no idea of programs keeping track of multiple bettors. This probably goes beyond the scope of a lottery program.

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2003, 4:36 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by EXCALIBUR on December 16, 2003

I don't know if you have noticed, but, how many of the lottery number predictions here on this forum turn out right? Not many or maybe none at all? Those people have been predicting for a long time

They have a lot of practice and knowledge and they do predict the numbers that are the most likely to come out and they should come out, but, why don;t the numbers turn out and many times or all times

not even one of the many numbers predicted by several people come out, like when they do MM predictions, not even one number out of six in anyone of the many predictions come out. Why?

Maybe if there were some common starting point explaining the different stats and terminology, then maybe everyone could at least start on the same page... too many "secrets"

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
      Member #1079
      January 24, 2003
      104 Posts
      Posted: December 17, 2003, 10:20 am - IP Logged

free will is a 100% thing. You either have free will complete and total choice in everything, or else there is no free will. You can't have free will AND have *fate*.  You can't kinda sorta have a little bit of free will with fate overiding the main thrust of your life either. You can't have both. They're opposite forces.

You make choices & live the consequences.  *Use your brain* to choose wisely. Think about the results before you live them.

Johnny5, glad you're not resentful. I guess all your talking about it gave me the wrong idea.

Hyper, there is a sort of common starting point, terminology, etc. Things like: sums, O/E ratio, Lo/High, Decades, Final Digits, Roots, Skips, V-tracs, deltas, etc.... We all agree on what those things mean, right? I agree a beginers manual or *class* would be great. But, we are just learning as we go & sharing is the most important way we learn. If there was a class, think how commonplace lotto winners would be. ;)

Johnny5's avatar - japheth
        Ocala
        United States
        Member #3015
        December 13, 2003
        70 Posts
        Posted: December 17, 2003, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I think Rebeckah has a pi&#

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: December 17, 2003, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

You select 16 numbers just like I do for Pick-5 and Mega-Money but I get a lot less combinations though,if not I could never play these games.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19828 Posts
            Posted: December 17, 2003, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

When it comes to picking lottery numbers, practice doesn't make anyone better, it just convince one that the odds are real and they apply to all players.  I have picked and posted numbers for MM, but I don't call them predictions but my picks based on parameters of past winning numbers. I am sure when each player look at the history of a game, they come to different conclusions. Many see a trend and pick their numbers accordingly and others conclude that a QP is as good as any thing they can pick.  Fact is the odds are the same for every player and only buying more tickets per draw will give them better coverage or affect their odds.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8361 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2003, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

I gotta go with Johnny5 on this because I think there are mathematical probabilities to winning numbers games. However when you install the data history into the program you run. Are you putting the numbers in the program in the order they came out. Like say 1,2,3,5,4,6 or as they were selected when the drawing took place say 5,3,6,2,1,4,

Most of the time the numbers are drawn in random order so wouldn't it make sense to run the program based on the order they came out of the machine. Rather than lining them numerically. Or does it matter. how you enter the numbers in the program.

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2003, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

I guess it depends on your preference I prefer numerical order because it's easier to spot patterns and trends.But I would think putting them in randomly

"as drawn" that would work also.

Ocala
                  United States
                  Member #3015
                  December 13, 2003
                  70 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2003, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Good question FOUR4ME.  I run a program that actually checks that for me.  Sort of like checking what the Machine and or Ball-Sets are doing when the draw comes up.  Well in reality I came to the result that if measured by just one of these alone .. the Odds are greater than you can imagine.

But using a combination of both gives you a better result of measuring up numbers than just closing in on just one probability.

So to answer you questions.. I use both to determine what can bring me closer to a good combo.

If I like it I try it.  Like the numbers I just gave you guys.  They came up as probably some of the closest numbers to play.. That dose not mean they will, but getting close is what calculation is about.

Yes the Odds will remain the same, but not realy.  e.g.  You cannot look at machines and ball-sets alone, frequencies do count.  The whole idea of using a combination and testing of all possibilities is probably the best approch due to the fact of changes unforseen... like when they use one of their ball-sets they draw with every 20 or 30 days..  this is were they trick you in following just one type of pattern.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8361 Posts
                    Posted: December 17, 2003, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Johnny5 and pick4master. I had to ask because I try and watch the games as the balls are drawn and noticed that sometimes they are drawn in proper order and most of the time there not. I don't use software at this time. instead I have to manually backtrack numbers to find good combinations. I have numbers for different games that I play every week regardless of which numbers are drawn. Additionally for each game I play I use hot and cold numbers mixed. I have tried almost everything I know including random number generators found on the web sites. And usually walk away empty handed. However with quick picks for each game I get more numbers correct than my own choices. Go figure

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #1340
                      April 6, 2003
                      2450 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2003, 2:45 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: O

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Ocala
                        United States
                        Member #3015
                        December 13, 2003
                        70 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2003, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Well figure this.  If you use HOT numbers.  I would say you have very good shot of getting close even.

But hey, what can you do on a puter.???  If you can program .. I might get you started at least on a program that you can enter your own picks and wheel out all possible combos for your picks.

I don't mind.. After all we are all looking for the same thing.... TO WIN.!!!

Ocala
                          United States
                          Member #3015
                          December 13, 2003
                          70 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2003, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

So what games do you play Hyper????

Ocala
                            United States
                            Member #3015
                            December 13, 2003
                            70 Posts
                            Posted: December 17, 2003, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I see .. sorry you like Pow

United States
                              Member #1759
                              June 29, 2003
                              1156 Posts
                              Posted: December 17, 2003, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

"Hypersoniq" That's because it's too difficult to "Predict" numbers but easier to "Trap" them from my experience.