Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numeric frequency theories do not apply

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Johnny5.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
Member #567
August 14, 2002
484 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2003, 11:03 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by hypersoniq on December 15, 2003

what about the test draws they do before live broadcasts?

I live in Lincoln, Nebraska.  On September 20th, the Nebraska Lottery celebrated its 10th anniversary, and the Powerball drawing was held in Lincoln during the night of the anniversary party.  What I noticed was that the host did some practice draws before the "official" one at 9:59pm central time.  Therefore, not only are there practice draws right before the drawing, it is possible that the number of practice draws could vary from drawing to drawing.  The FAQ section of the MUSL website said that lottery officials make the game as random as a human being can possibly make it.  If they vary the number of times they practice draws before the "official" draw, then that's another reason why quick picks might be the way to go.  In my opinion, you should either go with the same combination of numbers (lucky numbers), keep playing quick picks, or a combination of both.  There is NO guaranteed way to beat the lottery.  I honestly think that we have some of the greatest lottery strategists entering these message boards every night.  RjOh has great ways of researching numbers, such as gaps, frequencies, sums, etc.  I think that he even said that he almost won a jackpot.  Lottery Analyst was off  by one digit on several numbers on a Big Game Lottery drawing earlier this year, and the closest anyone ever came to winning it all was EZMoney when he won $100,000 on a powerball drawing.  And THAT, by the way, was a quick pick.  The closest I ever came was on January 15, 2003 when I bought a bunch of tickets (I can't remember how many, but it was probably 30 something dollars.  The jackpot was $47 million, and I bought some tickets before going to a basketball game.  I won $100 (3 white balls, 1 red), on a QUICK PICK.  The closest I EVER came to winning a lottery was on a random computer selection.  I swear, if there was a guaranteed way,  you would have the same people winning it over and over again and the jackpot would never even reach $100 Million.  I'm thinking about playing the same sets of numbers every drawing.  But the set of numbers would be from a losing quick pick ticket from a previous drawing, but buying a fresh set of quick picks once a month.  I think Visiondude is right.  If you are meant to.... you will win.  Essentially, I am thinking of going back to letting the numbers pick me.  I am pretty much moving away from the "systems" strategy.  My new strategy will be letting the numbers pick me.  Just my two cents on this issue.

Good luck to everyone

goldeneye26

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

United States
    Member #1759
    June 29, 2003
    1156 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2003, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

But what if "Quick-Picks" and "Lucky Numbers" don't work for you then what? I use to be a Quick-Pick and Lucky Numbersplayer up until around 1998 and never won a dime in any of the games.In 1996 I discovered "LottoWorld Magazine" and they discussed systems,strategies and software.I spent 2 yrs learning all that stuff and in 1998 I started hitting 3 and 4 numbers in the Pick-5 then I had to start all over after my job and other things interfered with my progress.This year alone I have hit the Pick-3 5 times and the Pick-4 once Boxed.Yes it is true "There's no guaranteed way of hitting the numbers" but there's also

"No guauranteed way of not hitting the numbers".My mother has only hit numbers once in her entire life and that was a quick-pick on the Cash3.Actually anybody can hit the numbers using anything that works for them whether it's systems,software,quick-picks or pulling numbers out of a hat.I don't believe in Luck strategies or "If I'm meant to I will" there is no Higher Power that dictates who will win a lottery anybody can do it once you put your mind to it and come up with something that works for you that's why wehave a Brain.I believe "If you want it go get it" VisionDude is only right as far as his beliefs or method of how he wants to win but it doesn't pertain to everyone.

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
      Member #567
      August 14, 2002
      484 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2003, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I think that you guys have a point.  I have been thinking about this issue earlier tonight, and for tomorrow's powerball drawing, I will do a strategy, only because I feel that although most people win using quick picks, every ticket still has a chance.  And I can't risk spending the rest of my life waiting for a combination to be picked or playing birthday numbers or aimlessly picking quick picks.  I am glad that I checked the responses to my post.

Thanks guys

goldeneye26

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

United States
        Member #1759
        June 29, 2003
        1156 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2003, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

I don't have anything against players using Quick-Picks or playing Lucky Numbers it's just when they say that it's the only way you'll win because the Lottery is Random.That's not true and I have corresponded with many players who have hit numbers using strategies and software.I'm glad your taking a different approach to the game never limit yourself to what "Everyone" else does or says will work or not.Systems,software and strategies work just as well as QP's and lucky numbers it's just that they don't work the same for everyone.

Hopefully your "New Approach" will work better for you just like it has done for me.

Johnny5's avatar - japheth
          Ocala
          United States
          Member #3015
          December 13, 2003
          70 Posts
          Posted: December 17, 2003, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I am on to a new horiz

Johnny5's avatar - japheth
            Ocala
            United States
            Member #3015