Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

covermaster- need help

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 13 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
luckycat's avatar - animaniacs24

United States
Member #1687
June 16, 2003
1047 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2003, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

just downloaded covermaster/ however no instructions as to how to use or make it work

anyone useing it can      u help ?  thanks a bunch

luckycat        >>>>>>>    purr-purr--purrfect                           

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2003, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Go to http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheellinks.html and  download the instruction sheet Temp.Doc.  You can read it using Wordpad. If you don't want to do that just set the parameters of the wheel you want and click generate and you will see it working. Then you can just click other features and see how they work.  Warning--Don't start off with a very large wheel unless you have some time to wait.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #1687
      June 16, 2003
      1047 Posts
      Posted: November 28, 2003, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

rjoh:

you are super nice/ thanks for info got it/ printed it/ now I have to digest it.

thanks so much.

United States
        Member #1687
        June 16, 2003
        1047 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2003, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

rjoh;

IS THERE ANYWHERE I can put in last draws. to generate dif numbers?

did instructions/ but all th  same

thx

Irvin's avatar - Goolag

New Zealand
          Member #2234
          September 2, 2003
          173 Posts
          Posted: November 28, 2003, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Luckycat,

Once you have created a wheel you can change the numbers for the ones you want to use.

Just click on "configure" and select "own numbers" A little box will appear for you to change the numbers.

I use covermaster with Peters wheels web page.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Irvin

lottoshlep's avatar - super 7-top-over.jpg
            BC
            Canada
            Member #2120
            August 19, 2003
            258 Posts
            Posted: November 28, 2003, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Luckycat,

not sure I understand your question correctly but CoverMaster will not generate or pick numbers to play. It is not designed for that. It will make wheels for you, you must supply predictions by other means.

Try this simple wheel as an example:

Pool:10> Pick:6> Match:5> Hits:6>  Generate>Start> ... you'll get 15 lines ... >Finished.

go to Configure>Own Numbers>Set ... now you can put in the 10 preds you want to wheel ...>Apply.

go to Configure>Own Numbers>Display ... the wheel is now 'populated' with your picks.

Try a few other features like Sort, Reports etc. and have fun with it. Hope this helps,

Cheers

ps. sorry Irvin ... didn't see yours untill I posted

if at first you don't succeed ... destroy all evidence you ever tried  Cool 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19824 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2003, 3:33 am - IP Logged

Luckycat,

If your wheel will contain all the numbers in the last drawing, then you can load up a text file containing those numbers and generate additional numbers to complete the wheel. You can also do this to include your lucky numbers in your wheel. For example if you want to include Ohio Super Lotto numbers for 11/26/03 17-19-23-24-28-46, you could put those numbers in a text file, load it and complete a wheel that has at least 46 numbers.  I've done this by including the last 20 draws and completing a 6/49 wheel with guarantee match of 3 if 6 hit and getting some of the combinations of threes that hadn't hit in the last 20 draws.  You will just have to experiment and see what happens, I may load up all 351 lines for the OhioSuperLotto and generate some numbers to play today by completing a 6/49 wheel with a guarantee match of 4 if 6 hit.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #1687
                June 16, 2003
                1047 Posts
                Posted: November 29, 2003, 7:54 am - IP Logged

IRVIN

LOTTOSHLEP

United States
                  Member #1687
                  June 16, 2003
                  1047 Posts
                  Posted: November 29, 2003, 9:34 am - IP Logged

went this far:

went  to cofig/my numbers  set  little screen

clicked  on 8 apply nothing happened

config again  numbers memory nothing again'

I was uesing the pick 3 to test on  to get used to useing. But I have not been able to put any numbers in config>  and generate any new combos.

pool 10    3      3    example

maybe it wont work for pick 3, I would like to load last 10 draws and then generate  a pos pick?? can covermaster do this.

if not  can iit do it for other games  anyone  useing it for other games?

thanks

pool  10    3    3    ect

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19824 Posts
                    Posted: November 29, 2003, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Luckycat,

Covermaster doesn't work with 3 and 4 digits numbers which pick3s and pick4s really are.  It doesn't use zero as a number but as a place holder and numbers can only appear in a combinations once, so it won't work with numbers like 021 and 133 and 444 when entered as 3 single digit numbers.  Numbers like 123,321,231 and other box forms of the same numbers and are seen as the same numbers, so it doesn't generate box forms of a number already picked.  If you want to wheel numbers for the pick3 and pick4 games, you might try a wheeling program like the one at Maybell download site before it closed down if you have a copy of it.  I don't play those games so I never saved a copy of it and I have never seen it anywhere else on the web since but there probably are some similar programs out there somewhere.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #1687
                      June 16, 2003
                      1047 Posts
                      Posted: November 29, 2003, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

rjoh:

now I know why I will test on pic 5 then or6  thanks for input.

very frustrating>

United States
                        Member #1687
                        June 16, 2003
                        1047 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2003, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

rjoh:  re    >covermaster

tried  5/ and 6 pick  with pool at 20/30/39/49  none worked. seemed  like it only did  GENERATE  with up to pool 18. meaning  all tickets were with numbers t1 thr 18. tried to add numbers in little window  clicked  set than apply and noting happened, generated numbers were same again. as preevious chart.  it seem like I can only click on 1 numner in ltl window and nothing eles.

sure hope to learn this as it seem like a great wheel.  can u tell me what I am doing wrong???

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                          Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3102 Posts
                          Posted: November 30, 2003, 7:16 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by luckycat on November 30, 2003

rjoh:  re    >covermaster

tried  5/ and 6 pick  with pool at 20/30/39/49  none worked. seemed  like it only did  GENERATE  with up to pool 18. meaning  all tickets were with numbers t1 thr 18. tried to add numbers in little window  clicked  set than apply and noting happened, generated numbers were same again. as preevious chart.  it seem like I can only click on 1 numner in ltl window and nothing eles.

sure hope to learn this as it seem like a great wheel.  can u tell me what I am doing wrong???

You first make a Pointer number wheel, you know a wheel like you'd find in a book by Gail Howard or Robert Serotic or Iliya Bluskov. 

Pool is the number of numbers you want to wheel, so if you want a 3if6in24number wheel you set . . .

Pool: 24
                          Pick:  6
                          March:  3
                          Hits:  6

[Generate] check [Auto Optimize] [Start][Finish]

Now you have a fair 3if6in24 pointer number wheel.  To point the pointers at your numbers click [Configure][Own Numbers][Set] a column of boxes will open numbered 01-24 with the numbers 01-24 in the boxes.

Replace ALL 24 numbers with 24 unique numbers of your choosing.

Click [Apply]

Now click [Configure][Own Numbers][Display] the pointer numbers will be replaced with your numbers, but they won't print that way.

To print your numbers click [Edit][Select All][Copy] then open Notepad in Windows  [Start][Programs][Accessories][Notepad][Edit][Paste][File][Print].  There may be some additional lines at the bottom, ignore those they are the code CoverMaster uses to replace the pointers with your numbers.  BobP
                            RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19824 Posts
                            Posted: November 30, 2003, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Luckycat this also may help you,

When you first start up CoverMast, a blank screen comes up with default cover parameters on the left side of the screen.  You need to set these first. 

Pool  : number of numbers in the wheel you want
                            Pick    : the number of numbers in the draw(6 for SuperLott, 5 for Buckeye5)
                            Match : the size of the match you want guaranteed
                            Hits    : this has to be at least size of match and no larger than numbers drawn
                            Tickets: leave blank, program will fill in as numbers are generated

Click Generate and the wheel will be generated.

As you change size of pool, a figure on the right size of the screen will change to show the possible combinations for the size pick/pool size.

If you set pool=25, pick=6, match=4 and hit =6, you will get a wheel for a 6 number game that will match 4 if 6 of the numbers picked are among the 25 in the wheel. Like any wheel, you have to swap your choice of numbers with the numbers in the wheel, you can do this manually or use the transpose feature in the Tools. Give you wheel a name and save it to a text file.  You can use a text editor such as in NotePad or WordPad to swap your numbers also.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #1687
                              June 16, 2003
                              1047 Posts
                              Posted: December 1, 2003, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

bob p

really trying :

ok what u said was abouth the numbers on left will have 24 numbers. NOW

that the problem HOW. I don want to replace all 24 just want to change maybe 12 to include last 2 draws.  how??? replace?? how. i understan click to apply but if I dont get to put my numbers in the already made wheel just generated,.then it says display  DID and nothing showing.

how can I get the last 2 draw numbers in and regenerate to give me a wheel with those numbers included in thw wheel??

its probly so simle/ but I fail to see it.

thanks again