Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time to change Mega Millions

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 13 years ago by elton.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2004, 8:25 am - IP Logged

Diva:

I believe TX has a clause that lets them out of MM after 6 months. PB would be better (MUSL "requires" members allow PB winners to choose cash or annuity AFTER winning, and MUSL has other games, including "Hot Lotto").

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2004, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

i don't think it's an issue of cash or annuity for most players. mega just has smaller prizes. anyway i think federal law states players have 60 days to change their minds on the cash/annuity thing.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2004, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Diva:

CA, NY, and TX, e.g., still require the choice to be made when you BUY the ticket, not after you win; the selection is binding.

United States
        Member #1079
        January 24, 2003
        104 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2004, 6:39 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by dvdiva on January 04, 2004

300 in sales - where is that number from - we mean dollars not pesos.

http://www.lottoreport.com/mm03sales.htm check out that before making numbers up. it looks like they have had 26-27 million in sales. less than new york.

its too bad people like you are content with such a crappy game. if i want a lottery thats this big i expect the jackpot to be big. yes prizes have fallen sharply even for powerball but powerball broke 200 million twice last year. something that mega will never do in the current game format.

i do think one thing might happen - powerball may change its game and start actively recruiting mega states with success. thank goodness for competition.

I'm not making numbers up, I said the news reported it. I didn't say it was a written in stone fact. The news tends to exagerate anyway, so chill out. I added up the data from the link you provided & got the sum:  $23,910,107. & before someone else gets all rude with me, NO, I didn't add in January #s. I only added Decembers. & yes, that's dollars, not pesos.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #2338
          September 17, 2003
          2063 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2004, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

well 26 million doesn't equal 300 million. it does equal 300 million pesos (or there abouts) but not dollars. and thats the TOTAL sales for Texas. period. unless you have accounting experience with enron those numbers are very different

United States
            Member #1079
            January 24, 2003
            104 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2004, 10:21 am - IP Logged

yea, well, like I said. I heard it on tv & I don't believe everything I hear on tv.

Glad we have people here like you who can find the facts.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2004, 9:36 am - IP Logged

The other thing MM could do is reduce the odds to about 1:115m, but reduce the lower-tier prizes.

boston
                United States
                Member #3330
                January 12, 2004
                6 Posts
                Posted: January 12, 2004, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

The lottery is all about the jackpot. Since nobody has yet cracked mega million there is no way it is going to change. I only hope we get more winners in Massachusetts.