Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Overdue Numbers

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How do you deal with overdue numbers and situations?

Play them, they're "due". [ 34 ]  [53.97%]
Don't play them, they're on a "losing streak". [ 7 ]  [11.11%]
Not a factor. [ 22 ]  [34.92%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 21 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2004, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Eight months since I had 4/5 in Mega Millions and 2 1/2 months since any MM winner. I'm due.

New Jersey
    United States
    Member #3457
    January 22, 2004
    248 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2004, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I don't pay attention to that stuff.

Each drawing is independent of the previous drawings.  People for some reason don't want to believe that, but it's true.

If you compare the occurance of lottery numbers with their average and their standard deviation, you will see that it is very rare for a number to be more than two standard deviations from the mean.  This is indicative of a truly randomized system.

United States
      Member #1759
      June 29, 2003
      1156 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2004, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Previous Draws don't Produce winning numbers by pointing to the exact numbers that will be drawn.The purpose of studying Past draw history for those that know what to look for and how to use it is indications of what numbers can be eliminated from a particular group.Just looking at the past draws won't always work you have to develop innovative ways of using the information.If you don't or can't then it's useless to you as a player so your better off relying on quick-picks.The majority of players in this forum use past draw history in one form or another.I wouldn't be playing the Lottery games if the Lotteries didn't provide this info on there sites.Because I wouldn't have any reference for trying to make an intelligent decision on what GROUP of numbers to select.Plus the draw histories show definite patterns and trends only a

skilled player with a Keen eye would be able to see and use to help increase his chances of selecting winning numbers.It's not a matter of believing or not believing

it just depends on the players ability to use it or not.I was a skeptic myself 10 yrs ago until I gave up buying quick-picks and decided to find another way of playing.I discovered that it was possible to increase your chances using systems,strategies and software after reading a magazine called "LottoWorld" it showed that there were other ways of playing besides using quick-picks or luck.

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #3457
        January 22, 2004
        248 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2004, 11:25 am - IP Logged

To each his or her own.

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2004, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Exactly my point what works for me may not work for you but it's still a valid way of playing the games.In actuality "ANYTHING" is capable of helping a player INCREASE his chancs of winning.I've read enough posts and articles of players winning using some of the most RIDICULOUS and INTELLIGENT methods of play to win.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19817 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2004, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

There is no such thing as overdue numbers.  There are numbers that haven't come up in a while, and there is no guarantee that they will come up soon.  Some people like to think there is some unwritten law that number have to be treated equally and therefore they have to be picked equally.  Look at any lottery data file with any history and you will find numbers that have come up twice as much as others and some combinations that have repeated before other have occurred.  Hot numbers hit more often because that what defines them as hot, if they were cold they wouldn't be hitting at all.  The only numbers that are paying off are the ones that are hitting.  Good luck if you prefer to play the ones that are not hitting.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
              Greenfield
              United States
              Member #3587
              February 2, 2004
              557 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2004, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

Depends on what state you are from

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: April 4, 2004, 11:00 am - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on April 01, 2004

Previous Draws don't Produce winning numbers by pointing to the exact numbers that will be drawn.The purpose of studying Past draw history for those that know what to look for and how to use it is indications of what numbers can be eliminated from a particular group.

I finally concede on the precision prediction point, but it's a journey one really needs to take for themselves to know for sure, and the journey did yield some useful generalizations for use in a bigger system. I am finally ready to move from prediction to trapping for the powerball. The only thing that has me hesitant is that when you lose on a prediction, it's a minimal output, where trapping tends to get expensive. I don't think elimination should be part of the equation though, in fact, any number can possibly be drawn ,I think it would be better to have them all arranged in as few lines as possible rather than alot of a few numbers... I'm thinking a max of 42 to 44 lines (catching each PB once) and hunting for dvents. I think a high jackpot threshhold and eliminating saturday draws (and data) will help keep costs under control.

Since my threshhold is $150M, I will have some time to work out the details before actually committing to a 44 line purchase...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
                  Member #1759
                  June 29, 2003
                  1156 Posts
                  Posted: April 4, 2004, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Yes Trapping can be more expensive but it increases your chances "A GREAT" deal more than "PREDICTING" plus from my experiments "ELIMINATING" is an asset to number selection.I know everyone says "Every number has the same chance of being drawn" but in reality it doesn't work that way because of the fact that every number won't be drawn only 6 so there's a reason the rest don't come up.If your game was a 49/49 then that would definitely apply but only 6/49 games exist therefore analysis of numbers will yield information of what numbers are more likely to be drawn.I did a test by seperating numbers into 3 categories Short Term:0-4 days

Med Term:5-9 days and Long Term:10-20 days in the Daily games and watched for a week where the numbers came from

Some would come from just 1 group Short Term others from just 2 and then from all 3.Then within those groups

you had differences for example in the 0-4 group numbers with 0 were repeats and then you would have numbers drawn that were out1,2or 3 days but you never had numbers come up that were out 0,1,2,3 or 4 days all at the same time.If Long Term numbers were drawn it would be 1 number out 10,14 or 20 so out of the 3 groups you would have numbers drawn that were out specific days in that group.Only some of the specific days in a group would be represented by a number drawn this clearlyshowed a definite bias or reason why certain numbers were drawn over others.And this reason was based on the number of Hits associatedwith each number.For instance the number(5)hit 3 times and was out 7 days while the number (2) hit 2 times   was out 1 day using a 20 draw history you can figure out which numbers to select and eliminate from your 3 groups.In a 20 draw history the number 5 should hit in 6 days so it's 1 day overdue the number 2 should hit in 10 days so since it's out 1 day I would eliminate it and keep the 5.Of course this isn't written in stone but itshould be used as a guide to follow and help determine your picks.It's better than guessing or if you prefer not to use quick-picks.

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: April 4, 2004, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

If your on a limited budget then Predicting would be your method of choice if not then trapping would do.Trapping numbers automatically includes elimination because what ever numbers you select the others are eliminated.So you have 2 methods of selecting numbers "Predicting" and "Trapping" what ever your gambling budget allows determines the method you use.

United States
                      Member #1759
                      June 29, 2003
                      1156 Posts
                      Posted: April 4, 2004, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

So elmination has to be part of the equation no matter what method you choose because either way your eliminating numbers from your play by selecting numbers to play.Unless you include "EVERY" number in your selections then of course none are eliminated but since that's not a good idea due to the large amount of combo's and difficulty of getting the correct combo on one line you have no choice but to select and eliminate.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #1340
                        April 6, 2003
                        2450 Posts
                        Posted: April 4, 2004, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

The basic theory I'm working off of is found here...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/84285

The idea is 26 lines with rhyme and reason and 16 lines acting as a garbage collector for numbers not used in the first 26...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
                          Member #1759
                          June 29, 2003
                          1156 Posts
                          Posted: April 4, 2004, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

That's a very good strategy you have a backup to catch any winning numbers not selected in your 26.

plnwebguy's avatar - binary

United States
                            Member #3680
                            February 11, 2004
                            187 Posts
                            Posted: April 5, 2004, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Just to throw in my 2 cents worth -

I don't think balls that are in a lottery drawing that uses ping pong type balls have an equal chance of being drawn.  For example, in Powerball, only the balls that are in the middle of the device at the time of the drawing have an equal chance of being chosen, and when they're shuffled I don't think they all make it to the middle at one time or another.  The only way they'd have an equal chance of being drawn is if each ball laid flat on a surface and there was either a door that dropped under each one or a vacuum tube above each one and then a computer or something chose 5 doors or 5 tubes at random and activated them.  Then they'd all be on a level playing surface, so to speak.  The closest thing to a lottery where each number has an equal chance in my opinion is where the numbers are computer generated.

And I also think any wheeling system a person uses will dventually hit big as long as they keep with the system.  For example, I have seen times where one could have hit 3 or 4 white balls playing the ten most popular numbers (I think I saw all 5 at one time too), and at other times only hit 0 or 1.  It'd be expensive to wheel 10 numbers for each jackpot drawing and discouraging after awhile.  But if one were to abadon the system one may miss out the one time they would have hit it big. 

Finally, I think looking at past draws does help improve your odds of winning.  I'm more inclined to pick 17 to be chosen as a white ball than a 3 on my powerball slip knowing how often they've been drawn.  It may not guarantee I'll win but the odds may be a little better.

anyway, just some thoughts -

plnwebguy

United States
                              Member #1759
                              June 29, 2003
                              1156 Posts
                              Posted: April 5, 2004, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Your thoughts make a lot of sense because that's the way I look at the whole thing.Basically any strategy has a chance of producing winning numbers if quick-picks and lucky numbers (which require no input on the players part)can help you win so can software,systems and stratgies that involve using past draw history.