Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Overdue Numbers

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How do you deal with overdue numbers and situations?

Play them, they're "due". [ 34 ]  [53.97%]
Don't play them, they're on a "losing streak". [ 7 ]  [11.11%]
Not a factor. [ 22 ]  [34.92%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 21 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: April 30, 2004, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm overdue.

San Diego
    United States
    Member #4520
    May 1, 2004
    243 Posts
    Posted: May 2, 2004, 11:52 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by UriGellar on February 13, 2004

I know what physics claim and  a flip of a coin is still 50/50 even if you flipped 99 tails. I would love to see a person flip a coin 99 times in a row on tails and offer me a bet on the next flip.(saying there not using a trick coin) I would put it all on heads because there is a median to everything in nature. Nature is a balance. And there is always a median. Thus we have round planets. Life is ALL about balance. Its not always perfect, but there is always some sort of median to shoot for. Otherwise the planets would not be round. Also the planets are not "perfectly" round. But overall, they are round.

So you would bet on heads after 99 tails. I see why you would do that.

But what would you have bet on if I had asked you after the 98th tail or the 97th tail?

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
      chicago ill.
      United States
      Member #3600
      February 4, 2004
      337 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2004, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I would still have bet on the "heads".  would of been all over it like "cheese on a ham sandwich" after the 50th tails. 

San Diego
        United States
        Member #4520
        May 1, 2004
        243 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2004, 11:49 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by st.germain on May 03, 2004

I would still have bet on the "heads".  would of been all over it like "cheese on a ham sandwich" after the 50th tails. 

Looks like I would have won, because after 50 tails I would have said "Gee, tails are HOT today", and sure enough, I would have had another 49 wins. Double or nothing, starting with a dollar....

But that leaves the question: What would I call after the 99th?

I think I'd toss a coin for it :-)

wiseone2's avatar - moon
          iowa, illinois
          United States
          Member #4477
          April 27, 2004
          40 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2004, 2:54 am - IP Logged

Depending on whether you're optimistic or pessimistic, anything that is 50/50 means that half of the time the outcome will be favorable or unfavorable.  At some point that "half" would have to be reached.  Personally I think it would be impossible to flip a coin 99 times and it land on tails every time.  It that were the case, then next 99 flips would have to be heads.

San Diego
            United States
            Member #4520
            May 1, 2004
            243 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2004, 9:01 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by wiseone2 on May 04, 2004

Depending on whether you're optimistic or pessimistic, anything that is 50/50 means that half of the time the outcome will be favorable or unfavorable.  At some point that "half" would have to be reached.  Personally I think it would be impossible to flip a coin 99 times and it land on tails every time.  It that were the case, then next 99 flips would have to be heads.

Not quite: Actually, having TTTTTTTT...99 times is just as likely as having THTHTHTH....repeating exactly 99 times. Finally, if you had TTTTTTT...99 times, you would not have to have HHHHHHHH...99 times. The 100th toss does not 'know' what the 99th was.
              wiseone2's avatar - moon
              iowa, illinois
              United States
              Member #4477
              April 27, 2004
              40 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2004, 9:42 am - IP Logged

dragon, for the purpose of the discussion, I wasn't saying it would be fact that heads would come up 99 times after 99 tails.  My point is interpreting what 50/50 is.  Why is it 50/50 in the first place?  Because there are only two possible outcomes.....heads or tails.  For a coin to come up 99 tails in row is improbable unless the flip was manipulated.  Would you buy a car that had a 50/50 chance of being a lemon?  I'm sure you wouldn't, because your chance of getting a lemon are "equal" to your chances of getting a good car. Why are coin flips used in football to determine which team gets the ball?  Because a coin flip offers an "equal" chance of landing on heads or tails.  The example of a coin independently landing on tails 99 times is moot, so why even debate the issue. 

joyjoy8's avatar - friends
                Houston Texas
                United States
                Member #371
                November 30, 2000
                587 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2004, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I keep charts on overdues, pairs and numbers by position. Most of the money that I have won on the pick 3 has come from playing those odds. When a pair is "overdue" I sometimes play a progressive on that pair and I have won  a"bit" playing this way. Don't discount a number because it is cold. Even the 999 will come in Texas one day(lol).......Joy

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19818 Posts
                  Posted: May 5, 2004, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

In jackpot games like PowerBall, MegaMillions or Ohio649P most of the winning numbers have hit in the previous 25 drawings.

RJOh 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: May 22, 2004, 10:37 am - IP Logged

I recently had a $10 Mega Millions winner with my numbers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: May 23, 2004, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Overdue numbers sometimes I play them sometimes I don't. Most times I didn't play em they hit. If they have been out an exceptionally long time play em....

Thoth's avatar - binary
                        Findlay, Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #4855
                        May 28, 2004
                        400 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2004, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

"Let us know what time and what digit that was..... perhaps that might be interesting to someone in another state. We might find out it was hiding out and hitting in New Mexico. LOL Do you remember any other anomilies like this .....or things that performed way above the expected hit rates?

P.S.  If anyone else can tell us about their states recourds on hot and cold it might help. Maybe.... there are some common things going on at the same time."

The record for a digit not being drawn in Ohio Pick 3 is 104 cosecutive drawings with no digit 8 in position one.

Here are the longest outs for each digit in Position One

OHIO PICK 3 POS 1 ------From Game#1 on 12/3/79 to present date
                        - 74 Games
                        1 - 69 Games
                        2 - 77 Games
                        3 - 71 Games
                        4 - 64 Games
                        5 - 84 Games
                        6 - 61 Games
                        7 - 73 Games
                        8 - 104 Games
                        9 - 73 Games

Position Two and Three are very similar, The second longest out in Ohio Pick 3 history occured in Position 2 where Digit 3 did not come up for 94 consecutive drawings.

P.S. Currently 023 (straight)  has not been drawn for 7869 games!!!!
                        I'm expecting it real soon (within the next 400 games) - I hope.

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

ms5pennie's avatar - Alice

United States
                          Member #4742
                          May 22, 2004
                          260 Posts
                          Posted: June 6, 2004, 12:59 am - IP Logged

In 12 years of the Texas pic3) 999 has never shown up. Now that's what I call a very cold number!

United States
                            Member #379
                            June 5, 2002
                            11296 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2004, 9:38 am - IP Logged

I don't keep track of how long ago a number came out.