Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Neural Networks- Applicable to Lottery?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Andrew.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think that Neural Nets can help?

Yes (Why?) [ 5 ]  [25.00%]
No (Why?) [ 5 ]  [25.00%]
Not Sure [ 3 ]  [15.00%]
What's a Neural Network? [ 7 ]  [35.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 20 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
NYC
United States
Member #2988
December 10, 2003
237 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2004, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

As I said, I will ignore that feathered foreigner from now on. Even *perfect* English wouldn't help him.

I've found it necessary to add this signature line: My posting is not an invitation to send me a private message.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: March 15, 2004, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

I never had to get past backtesting with this... I kept detailed records, and the numbers picked were almost identical to the excel forecast function, no better, no worse... time to throw NN's on the back burner... but I must say, RAPID development is one very cool plus of the Java based JOONE engine ;-)

Data Mining... Neural network based classification has failed on several automated attempts, using both my own modified formulas (on open source excel VBA programs) and using several demo version Excel add-ins... Not totally giving up, but it's back burner for now... attempting to classify on my own with no CPU help is turning into a good thing... It may not help with accurate predictions, but I think I am almost ready to throw my hat into the trapping ring... based on classification results, using just about ALL of the statistics and other data gathered...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Florida
      United States
      Member #526
      October 25, 2001
      127 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2004, 6:56 am - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on March 07, 2004

My question is:

If anyone can detect certain reoccurring patterns with data mining software, why won't states running lotteries use similar software to make sure their systems were truly random?  I would think if they found such patterns, they would introduce other factors randomly to make the process truly random and the only constants would be the field and combinations sizes.

RJOh

Why do you think they keep increasing the odds for some games?

*Andrew*

WINHunter - Freeware Lottery Number Predicting software for the 21st century. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

www.sourceforge.net/projects/winhunter