Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Visiondude

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8360 Posts
Posted: March 8, 2004, 8:48 pm - IP Logged
Goose there is a lot of old money in America only most of it belongs to people who have done good since they came to America. And survived all the trials and tribulations Land, gold, oil, and booze was the for front of America's beginnings. In the last 100 years it was technology that fueled the economy from henry ford innovative automotive building processes to the very lucrative processes of the gnome conquest.

We have come a long way from our meager beginnings. To where we are today and it was a long hard struggle. Mainly this country was built by poor people who made the rich, wealthy. They rich took that money and turned it into more technology junk bonds and many other prosperous holdings. All the while paying the least amount of money to the workers that they had to by law.

So unions were form to deal with that problem. And the unions created another set of problems. In turn each and every attempt by to poor to get at some of the rich peoples money is met with resistance. This is a great country if you can negotiate the system work hard and get a good education. Now the rich companies want to send there companies to other countries because they can make more money by paying less wages to poorer underdeveloped countries workers who are more than willing to get the jobs.

In America nobody wants to work for a peanut share they all want to profit right along with the owners of the company and that's not well supported by most of the companies. I could write a book about the problems but not on here. Hence like pick4master said many people are struggling living from paycheck to pay check. Regardless of there education or income level the cost to live in America is skyrocketing on a daily basis. And the jobs are not there to compete with the cost of living.

China
    Member #3032
    December 16, 2003
    1081 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2004, 12:12 am - IP Logged

I only care for american lottery.

Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1610
      June 3, 2003
      668 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2004, 12:57 am - IP Logged

and if I win the lotte

... the lottery never fails to surprise!

United States
        Member #1759
        June 29, 2003
        1156 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2004, 6:34 am - IP Logged

Our Current President is the cause for the difficult economic situation in this country he is backing the trend of "sending jobs overseas" he thinks it will boost jobs and the economy here.But in reality it will help the people overseas even if they aren't being paid as much as there American counterparts they'll still have jobs that we desperately need.

China
          Member #3032
          December 16, 2003
          1081 Posts
          Posted: March 9, 2004, 9:30 am - IP Logged

You can write a book about american society issue,four4me?

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8360 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2004, 9:58 am - IP Logged

You can write a book about american society issue,four4me?

No, I don't think so I was just trying eo give you an example of the situation here. Different area's in America have many diverse standards and is becoming as complex as a society as the professional analyst can handle. We have a news  program here called 60 minutes and they did a show about the Chinese people and what they are being taught about Americans. And none of what the your president is telling the people is true or accurate. We are not all war mongers money grabbing, idealistic, hypocrites or anti social. We are mainly just the opposite. A caring, giving, and understanding society bent on future development of major technologies and preserving the free will of mankind. 

China
              Member #3032
              December 16, 2003
              1081 Posts
              Posted: March 9, 2004, 10:09 am - IP Logged

This have something to do with country national benefit, which is inclined to the media reports

Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1610
                June 3, 2003
                668 Posts
                Posted: March 9, 2004, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I agree, the current mantra of this corporate controlled country is that by outsourcing jobs to India and elsewhere, we're all going to be happier and richer in the glory days that are coming...just around that proverbial corner! "Just make sure that you prepare yourself for all these new high tech jobs that will appear" they say ...the talking heads in Washington. Well, tell that to the guy who is completing his last assignment before losing his current job ...and that assignment being to train the new fellow in Bombay who is taking over for him. There is such a thing as free trade (and outsourcing) and then there is fair trade (and outsourcing). I don't really give a 'rip' whether that person 10 or 20 years from now benefits slightly as he or she sits in their cubicle, benefiting from me losing my job today! The corporations and many of their flunky politicians are telling us to eat cake. They haven't heard the last from the voting public. The voting taxpayer. The voting employee. Who's gonna pay the taxes in this country ...that guy in Bombay? Lets all agree to fair outsourcing and fair trade ...not another corporate free-for-all.

just got an xtra qp for Wed with red Pb # of 33

i'm playing +33, +13, +40 for Wed and Sat.

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
                  kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
                  Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #1712
                  June 20, 2003
                  1549 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2004, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Pick4Master:

You know everyone talks about President Bush and how bad he's done. But did you ever stop and just "think" about the whole situation'? Every time we've been in a war, who put us there? A Democrat... Look at all the lives that were lost in those wars. Now we went to war with Irag, and lost 400 men (God rest their souls), and everyone is upset. people need to study their History. The Economy was bad when Bush took over from Clinton...

It takes time to fix an existing mess...

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2004, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Bush isn't helping matters by sending jobs overseas now is he?

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
                      Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #1712
                      June 20, 2003
                      1549 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2004, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Every other President has too... What's the BIG deal? Nothing has changed.

Enough of this...

By the way, Visiondude  said to tell everyone hello for him. He misses all of you too, and is hoping to join us again very soon.

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

United States
                        Member #1759
                        June 29, 2003
                        1156 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2004, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

We'll see!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23260 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2004, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Chief,

Thank you for telling it like it is.  I am so sick of all these sheep who go around bashing Bush because they don't get it.  Unfortunately, most of those types are very angry people who can't keep their emotions in check, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.  I know if I don't it will get flooded with idiotic Bush-bashing.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!