Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottosync v1.7 bug report !

Topic closed. 68 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Guru.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: May 9, 2004, 9:33 am - IP Logged

use the good old Linux major/minor revision rule of thumb...

Wait for an even major number and an odd minor number... like 2.1

should be stable by then...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

San Diego
    United States
    Member #4520
    May 1, 2004
    243 Posts
    Posted: May 10, 2004, 2:41 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by WIN D on May 08, 2004

previous quote from Prometheus 2003  . LOL

Standard Member
    Standard Member

United States
    Member #1370
    April 06, 2003
    110 Posts

Guru,

I said it in the beginning of this thread and I will say it again. There is an obvious disconnect in your system. Normally I would say that this thread was a waste of time, but as long as you are entertaining us, that means you are leaving everyone else in the world alone.   

Your system is childish, and never takes in to account the natural discretizations of diffusion and any unit of time. Three draws! No! This is not funny, or even entertaining.

Mixed Finite Volume Difference discretizations of steady diffusion with arbitrary combinations of boundary conditions, should be obvious. The differential operations are discretized with respect to the natural projections dictated by the (generalized) Theorem. The diffusion coefficient is then discretized by looking at its inverse as an
    operation of mapping fluxes to tangential integrals .

Your system provides and assumes that the diffusion coefficient is positive, measurable and bounded away from zero and infinity. The computed point values of the flux converge in max norm to the exact values of the weak solution,does not even consider the source term is integrable! In the first place if the source term is square integrable, and in the second place if the primal grid is aligned with the discontinuities of the source term in such a way that the restriction of the source term to every grid cell has a square integrable derivative. It doesn't matter .........your system had no wheels from the first ridiculous assumption.
     It's unplugged, and it does nothing. The only thing you can do with it now... is to Sell it! I think you and your people have already come to that conclusion and thats why your hereGo sell it to the French. LOL   

I may be dense, but I don't know what WIN D is talking about. Is he just throwing as many big words into a sentence as possible to get our attention or admiration? Is this a joke?

So, the software is disconnected and does nothing?

You could say that about any and all software -- exactly my point all along in this forum -- but what's the deal with integrable squares. And what are discretizations? And flux? Have we watched "back to the future" too many times?

If WIN D is not joking here, how does he know what guru is doing in the program? Did guru publish his algorithm?

A lot of questions here, I realize, but frankly, I am not getting  something big time.....

Belgium
      Member #2220
      September 2, 2003
      553 Posts
      Posted: May 10, 2004, 3:24 am - IP Logged

Reaction to WIN D:

Obviously windy is just throwing in "big" words he does not understand. I don't bother my system being an object of much debate here, but I do bother when someone tries to confuse other members by using seemingly "smart terms" that apply to the system as much as my dad's socks do.

------------------

Glad to be back at the forum after a stressy 2 months of non stop working!

I've seen too many people requesting 1.8 to ignore. So we are going for it. Currently we are planning everything out and as soon as possible we'll set a target date for the release. I'll post a list here with all features planned for this version. Feel free to give suggestions for improvements or new ideas for usefull features. 

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: May 10, 2004, 4:17 am - IP Logged

WIN D was quoting Prometheus...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Belgium
          Member #2220
          September 2, 2003
          553 Posts
          Posted: May 10, 2004, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Sorry Win D. Didn't see the quote.

So my last mail was adressed to prometheus

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: May 10, 2004, 10:57 am - IP Logged

I don't want to offend nobody in particular, nobody at all really, but a person has to be soft in the head so to speak, not to see that Lottosync does and can do much better than most or all of the other programs out there, people just have no patience at all.

What I need is a program that I can use for lottery games that have 4 and 5 main balls, no matter if they also have bonus balls or not, because Lottosync so far does not work

with bonus balls that come out of a separate container like on the Tx2Step,Cash5,LottoTx and the MegaMillions, yes, those are the games that I need LottoSync for, even if I can only use it for the main balls and not the bonus and mega balls.

In the future or whenever, I would also like a version for the daily games such as pick3 and pick4.

But, for the moment I would be happy enough just to use it for the Tx2Step,TxCash5,TxLotto and MegaMillions.

Thank you.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: May 10, 2004, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Oh! By the way, 10 balls might be too many for games that have 4 and 5 main balls, maybe for a game with 4 main balls 6 or 7 predicted balls might be best.

And for a game with 5 main balls, 8 predicted balls might be about right, I think that the number of balls per position that the game has, would have a lot to do with this, for example: A 5-54 game might need more predicted balls or numbers than a 5-37 game.

I said 5-54 because LottoSync would not work on the bonus ball for this game, so basicaly it would be a cash5 game instead of a cash6 or pick6 game if you include the bonus ball.

As for the 5-37 that's just the TxCash5 game.

It would be much harder maybe, I don't know, for you to implement a feature that would let users choose how many predicted balls they want, for every particular prediciton, regardless of game predicted (Tx2Step(Cash4),cash5, pick6, pick7 or whatever).

reddog's avatar - patch
                Greensboro, North Carolina
                United States
                Member #1616
                June 5, 2003
                1283 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2004, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Guru, we NEED a program that we can pick how many numbers from what ever. example,,,,,,,  currently you have it set up for pick 6 plus bonus ball. 

Needs to be set up for any size game. Let the user decide what game they chose to play. Number of balls ???  Up to 80 so Keno can be included.

With Pick 5 games you don't need 10 balls predicted. 8 is sufficent.

Customer service needs to be improved greatly.

Guru, please don't take a week to respond.

US Flag

Belgium
                  Member #2220
                  September 2, 2003
                  553 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2004, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Reddog:

It's funny, but always when I read your posts, it's as if that mad dog avatar is talking to me.

You'll find your answer in the new thread LS1.8 feature list