Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numerology & Powerball I

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Colin F.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #674
September 4, 2002
50 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2004, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I have just completed an ex

Where n is equal to the number of tickets bought, the odds of winning in the MegaMillions lottery is given by 1 - [(1 - 0.023399196957)^n]

Australia
    Member #3084
    December 22, 2003
    328 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2004, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

rdarmand

Why do you presume that anyone uses such information?

Aggregate data like this is as useless as the average home runs in all the baseball matches. Nothing to do with winning.

Keep amusing yourself but stay away from attributing you findings as having any relevance to those who are successful in this field.

Your general tone is that of a sore loser; blame your parents, blame the moon, wind or sun - but don't blame us. Now, if you suddenly feel compelled to go out when there's a full moon and do a bit of baying or tomorrow you get blown away or sunburnt it has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote here.

Colin

United States
      Member #674
      September 4, 2002
      50 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2004, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Colin,

I'm sorr

Where n is equal to the number of tickets bought, the odds of winning in the MegaMillions lottery is given by 1 - [(1 - 0.023399196957)^n]

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2004, 9:20 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by Colin F on May 22, 2004

those who are successful in this field.

name one...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2004, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Using Numerology to select lottery numbers is useless it wasn't created for gambling purposes like that,however it can be used to help select the best days for you to play lucky numbers or quick-picks.I tested this theory in the late 90's and it was successful as far as the numerological days based on my Birthday but using numbers selected with numerology didn't work well enough to pursue.When I did hit numbers aquired from other methods and played on Numerologically significant days I did win.

Australia
            Member #3084
            December 22, 2003
            328 Posts
            Posted: May 22, 2004, 11:23 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by hypersoniq on May 22, 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Colin F on May 22, 2004

those who are successful in this field.

name one...

hypersoniq

I've defined what I regard as successful in this field on a number of Posts. If you can consistently get better than the published odds then you're successful in my opinion ie you've beat the odds. BobP's 164 lines satisfy that criteria. I call them BobP's lines but as he points out that approach apparently started with Gail Howard. If you have something I'll be glad to test it and give credit where it's due.

Because of House Margins this does not mean you're ahead financially. However, a scenario where the House Margin was only say 3% would make things very interesting.

I am somewhat dubious of the results from Guru or Apogeas; they both declined to accept my offer to test their products. There are others on this Forum who use Lottery Programs as tools and then apply there own acumen. I'm sure they keep a tally of their return and if it is above what the odds say they should be getting in the lower prize categories then they are successful in my opinion. I think Pick-4 Master probably qualifies there.

(There is me of course; but I'm too modest to put myself in the Hall of Fame.)

Regards
            Colin

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31352 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2004, 12:21 am - IP Logged
              Quote:

love to nibble those micey feet.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                Pittsburg, Ks
                United States
                Member #3382
                January 17, 2004
                80884 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2004, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Has anyone here heard of the Up & Down Pick 3 System? The book i got in the mail says u can win 95% of the time and the system  is $129.00 for the first printing then goes up to $199.00 for the second printing and the third printing will be $249.00

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #1340
                  April 6, 2003
                  2450 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2004, 9:40 am - IP Logged

I would consider someone successful in this field if they won more than they bet... consistently.... with a reasonably affordable amount of lines to play (reasonably affordable will vary widely by player but I think $5 or $10 is reasonable.)

As far as I can see, there has been nobody doing that on even a semi-regular basis. Many people do better than published odds by using more lines than is feasible to play realistically... or the pick 3 for example... all state picks don't count because it's not for one single dvent... that's coincidence, not skill... it's all just luck so far. If anyone IS beating the system they aren't saying a word...

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: May 23, 2004, 9:45 am - IP Logged

the whole point anyway was not to discourage anyone from posting ideas... we're all in the same boat here... just because it may not seem like a good idea to you... it is one more idea... and they are slow to come about these days (new ideas or avenues to explore).

I am no closer to winning with my myriad of excel formulas than rdarmand is with numerology, but we're both trying... and that's why we're all here...

United States
                      Member #1759
                      June 29, 2003
                      1156 Posts
                      Posted: May 23, 2004, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

There are players beating the odds they play 50-100 combo's in the Daily games and win weekly.There small in number but they do exist I've met some of them they hit once or twice a week.

Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #1610
                        June 3, 2003
                        668 Posts
                        Posted: May 23, 2004, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree about the importance posting new ideas...any and all ideas! I'm growing increasingly interested in any correlations between exact time/dates of draws and numbers drawn. Let my old statistics professor turn over in his grave. If Marchese Guglielmo Marconi had listened to his critics he would never have shown that it's possible to send a wireless signal from Cornwall, England to St. John's, Newfoundland. Who were his critics? The Italian government among others. But he trudged on and after sending a message across the Atlantic, was invited back to Italy and offered a hero's welcome. His beloved Italians, then gave him the title of Senator of Italy for life and also presented him with the honor called The Freedom of Rome. Senator of Powerball for life, I like the ring of that.

... the lottery never fails to surprise!

Australia
                          Member #3084
                          December 22, 2003
                          328 Posts
                          Posted: May 23, 2004, 11:55 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by hypersoniq on May 23, 2004

I am no closer to winning with my myriad of excel formulas than rdarmand is with numerology, but we're both trying... and that's why we're all here...

Hypersoniq

I don't think I'm wrong in thinking rdarmand was being both sarcastic and sardonic.

My definition of successfull just looks at the reality of playing Lotto type games. If the house margin wasn't 50 or 60% (think of it as a tax to play) and was only 2 or 3% then realistically you could get expect to break even or even do better than that in the lower order prizes with a system that gave results better than the published odds. To top it off in the USA you get taxed on your winnings.

Colin