Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning!

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Why don't most lottery players win?

They play the same numbers [ 6 ]  [14.29%]
They play numbers that are out of the hi/low sums [ 1 ]  [2.38%]
They play quick pick [ 10 ]  [23.81%]
They play birthdays [ 6 ]  [14.29%]
They play other peoples numbers [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
They just play any numbers no rime or reason [ 10 ]  [23.81%]
They play a hunch [ 1 ]  [2.38%]
They play a dollar [ 2 ]  [4.76%]
They play random numbers [ 4 ]  [9.52%]
They play any numbers [ 2 ]  [4.76%]
Total Valid Votes [ 42 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 17 ]  
Cleveland,Oh
United States
Member #1856
July 16, 2003
531 Posts
Posted: June 2, 2004, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

More answers than questions?

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2004, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

i voted for birthdays because when i used to work the terminal, a lot of players would say that they like to play birthdays, and only one of them has won a jackpot (they won the cash 5, and split it at that).  i think playing significant days is rather stupid, unless you focus a lot of energy on them, or have had a lot of luck playing those days.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2004, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

you have a better chance of winning if you play the same numbers more than one drawing, or play several sets of numbers for a drawing.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1610
        June 3, 2003
        668 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2004, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

It does seem that playing the same numbers for more than one draw has been good to several people lately. As we've all seen in the news fairly recently, a nice jkpt and a couple of 5of6 Pwrball hits have come from the second, third and fifth draws on tickets with advance draws on the same number sets. It just seems like it can't hurt anything to go ahead once in awhile and get 3,4,5 or more advance draws with the same numbers. Ya' just never know what might happen!

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
          percygrinder's avatar - bob

Bahamas
          Member #4787
          May 24, 2004
          1742 Posts
          Posted: June 3, 2004, 12:13 am - IP Logged

They just throw stupid numb

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #620
            August 25, 2002
            205 Posts
            Posted: June 4, 2004, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I don't think a real choice was listed.  The reason people don't win is because the odds are against them.  How many people could afford to cover the odds of say,  1 out of 14,000,000. Answer= none! No manner what anyone professes, it's the luck of the draw- no skill.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3104 Posts
              Posted: June 4, 2004, 7:55 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by rabbitfoot on June 04, 2004

I don't think a real choice was listed.  The reason people don't win is because the odds are against them.  How many people could afford to cover the odds of say,  1 out of 14,000,000. Answer= none! No manner what anyone professes, it's the luck of the draw- no skill.

Three quick questions:

Do you play this game?

How do you select your combinations to play?

Do you have a connection to or work for a lottery?

United States
                Member #3676
                February 10, 2004
                425 Posts
                Posted: June 4, 2004, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

I agree common sense is the odds are so long you need the heavens to be looking after you.  If this WASNT THE CASE then there would be a lot of rich people on this site, not people satisfied to win a 40 dollar box bet once a week when they box 20 numbers a day .  ARE THERE ANY LONG RUN WINNERS OUT THERE????

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19828 Posts
                  Posted: June 4, 2004, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by qutgnt on June 04, 2004

I agree common sense is the odds are so long you need the heavens to be looking after you.  If this WASNT THE CASE then there would be a lot of rich people on this site, not people satisfied to win a 40 dollar box bet once a week when they box 20 numbers a day .  ARE THERE ANY LONG RUN WINNERS OUT THERE????

People who come to this site and share their ideas about playing the lotteries and the news of their small winnings do it as a hobby.  If any of them ever got rich playing one of the big jackpot lottery, I'm sure more people would know about it than they would ever want to know so there would be no point in sharing that news here.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #620
                    August 25, 2002
                    205 Posts
                    Posted: June 4, 2004, 11:35 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by BobP on June 04, 2004

Three quick questions:

Do you play this game?

I play Mega Millions & the IL Pick 6 twice a week. Sometimes I just buy quick picks.  Other times I play favorite numbers.  And, at times, I play so called suggested "hot numbers, likely repeats, hot & cold numbers."  No, I do not have a connection to or work for a lottery. 

In different words, I repeat, if anyone had a surefire winning system a lottery would NEVER roll over.  As proof that they don't, just take a look at the posted lottos to your left and double those amounts to account for the actual number of tickets sold- yet no one has won the jackpot.  If you should win, it is no more than luck (no manner how you select your numbers).

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                      Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3104 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2004, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Three quick questions:

Do you play this game?

I play Mega Millions & the IL Pick 6 twice a week. Sometimes I just buy quick picks.  Other times I play favorite numbers.  And, at times, I play so called suggested "hot numbers, likely repeats, hot & cold numbers."  No, I do not have a connection to or work for a lottery. 

In different words, I repeat, if anyone had a surefire winning system a lottery would NEVER roll over.  As proof that they don't, just take a look at the posted lottos to your left and double those amounts to account for the actual number of tickets sold- yet no one has won the jackpot.  If you should win, it is no more than luck (no manner how you select your numbers).

Personally I think the way you define terms is a bit off, of course each to their own. 

I play a lot of Quick Picks because the Florida lottery gives you a free Quick Pick for 2# wins in the Pick-5 and because a 2if5in20 wheel is any four lines with 20 different numbers between them I pick up a fair number.  I've never found them to be lucky.

On the other hand, tonight I again had all five of the winning numbers across my four lines, so yes luck is involved, but the harder you work at it the luckier you get.

Research has shown it is very rare for all the winning numbers to come from the group considered "hot" same for the group considered "cold".  Most of the time half the winning numbers come from the group you'd consider "average".  It takes all three on the wheel with a wiggle toward hot for some combinations and toward cold for others to have any real chance of getting lucky beyond what the wheel guarantees.

There is a huge difference between a failure proof system and doing nothing to help yourself what-so-ever. 

I ask whether you work for a lottery, because your post sounded like one of the lottery people slumming among the turnip pickers, and because you posted similar twice under two different names.  Not that you'd tell us true if you were. ;-)  BobP

Cleveland,Oh
                        United States
                        Member #1856
                        July 16, 2003
                        531 Posts
                        Posted: June 5, 2004, 1:05 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on June 04, 2004

Quote: Originally posted by qutgnt on June 04, 2004

People who come to this site and share their ideas about playing the lotteries and the news of their small winnings do it as a hobby.  If any of them ever got rich playing one of the big jackpot lottery, I'm sure more people would know about it than they would ever want to know so there would be no point in sharing that news here.

RJOh

You have to win first right ROY but you got to play too!

If you don't play you don't win!

Cleveland,Oh
                          United States
                          Member #1856
                          July 16, 2003
                          531 Posts
                          Posted: June 5, 2004, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Three quick questions:

Do you play this game?YES

How do you select your combinations to play? YES

NO THEY DON"T ACCEPT THAT AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT!

Idon't perfect to a exact winning formula but a guide to a area where of where number frequent more tham others!!

Why do bookies hate triples, quadruples or just numbers that come in more that others on any givin day or specsifict days like 214, 317 because if it comes in they will pay thru the nose.  Ohio caps 3/4 digit @ about $ 7,000,000 or less not that they could not pay but if it came out it would pay more than they want to.  Example being I/ve been cut off on 697 the death number and it came in o.k. you say their is no death number!  Then you don't know nothing about numbers!  Policy is another and also the stock market was used b/4 lotters came out b/4 your time and others I guess! 

MRSTEEL01

678

Were drawn on:
                          3/26/2001*980,312
                          4/11/2001*$471,811
                          11/14/2001*$502,009

8/9/2002*$648,581
                          8/26/2003*$287,568
                          6/4/2004*$331,035

=$3,221,316 TOTAL AMOUNT WON!

AVERAGE AMOUNT WON

=$536,886+-on just that number alone!

more than what the average number

alone bringes in per drawing!

DO THE MATH!

United States
                            Member #620
                            August 25, 2002
                            205 Posts
                            Posted: June 5, 2004, 2:14 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by MrSteel01 on June 05, 2004

Three quick questions:

Do you play this game?YES

How do you select your combinations to play? YES

NO THEY DON"T ACCEPT THAT AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT!

Idon't perfect to a exact winning formula but a guide to a area where of where number frequent more tham others!!

Why do bookies hate triples, quadruples or just numbers that come in more that others on any givin day or specsifict days like 214, 317 because if it comes in they will pay thru the nose.  Ohio caps 3/4 digit @ about $ 7,000,000 or less not that they could not pay but if it came out it would pay more than they want to.  Example being I/ve been cut off on 697 the death number and it came in o.k. you say their is no death number!  Then you don't know nothing about numbers!  Policy is another and also the stock market was used b/4 lotters came out b/4 your time and others I guess! 

MRSTEEL01

678

Were drawn on:
                            3/26/2001*980,312
                            4/11/2001*$471,811
                            11/14/2001*$502,009

8/9/2002*$648,581
                            8/26/2003*$287,568
                            6/4/2004*$331,035

=$3,221,316 TOTAL AMOUNT WON!

AVERAGE AMOUNT WON

=$536,886+-on just that number alone!

more than what the average number

alone bringes in per drawing!

DO THE MATH!

Okay, 678 came in 6 times over a period of 3 years or so. Knowing what you know about numbers, how much of that $3 million plus dollars did you take home- most likely none! 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19828 Posts
                              Posted: June 5, 2004, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

What make you think a surefire winning system would have to win one of those major jackpot games posted on the left every draw?  Any affordable system that could win any of those games even once a year would be a real winner in my opinion.  People who win one of those games once in a life time think they did something right. 

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking