Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Newbie Question...

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Chicago
United States
Member #5227
June 24, 2004
2 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2004, 9:12 am - IP Logged

do these systems even work? is there any real science to this? i am new to this group, so i also wanted to say hi...

United States
    Member #4430
    April 24, 2004
    84 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2004, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Most systems do not work on a consistent basis. Of course there is real science and mathematics to systems.

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
      Member #2815
      November 18, 2003
      502 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2004, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Everything depends on what do you consider a success. Many people believe that winning the minor prizes is success. Other people say success is only if you hit the top prize. No matter what, a success of a system is to gain more than the money spent in overall. Behind any system there is science of course but the random nature of the lottery games require more intelligent systems to design. Now, there are people that say randomness cannot be trapped and those that believe there must be something that can be used successfully. Personaly, I belong to latter category. But we have to admit something here: the use of a system provides a feeling of win, even if it never hits! This is the joy of playing with systems!

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

United States
        Member #5260
        June 26, 2004
        6 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2004, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

I use to play numbers that did  not come up frequently thinking they were over due.

However the balls in the collorado lottery were chiped or something and numbers were comming up more frequent then should have been by chance.

Once they figured it out they fixed the balls.

So my plan was not good considering that the therotical mathimatical odds were scewed by the balls uses

Shan "[url]www.fla .net/cgi-local/s.cgi?welcome-344[/url]" Ziel

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3102 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2004, 1:52 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by kannooks on June 24, 2004

do these systems even work? is there any real science to this? i am new to this group, so i also wanted to say hi...

None of them can work in the scientifically proveable sense. 

Pick-3/4To be successfull there is always a human factor where it comes down to you making a choice that will determine whether you will win or lose.  Of course there is no reasonable basis for making the choice which must be made correctly for the system to play at a profit.

Pick-5/6, like whistling in the dark to keep the elephants away, the odds of a win are so big it's hard to tell the good systems from the bad as anything can happen with random draws.  The worst system can win and the best may not ever in one state and reverse the trend in another.

Most systems cannot win as recieved or their authors wouldn't offer them, you have to figure a way to make them work by studing the history, the system just provides an idea path to get you started.

BobP
            hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2004, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

depending on the nature and amount of picks, just about all systems can be backtested to glean real results... but can just as easily be colored by hindsight...

for example... PA pick 3... I have fully backtested the following against the entire draw history (all the way back to 1977)... TicTacToe, Skips (longest outs), NBey6's system and a host of pencil and paper systems from the infamous 111 to the julian date system... no natural winners... with some tweaking winners could be found, but if you alter the systems they are biased to past draws and inevitably don't work anymore.

for the most part, the systems are based on either theories (not proven fact) or presentation of statistics... Some programs help if you wheel while some help to identify pairs etc... because systems are experimental, I prefer to design my own ,and because they are all theory-based experiments, I don't fool myself into believing they are anything more.... I would rather re-invent the wheel than pay someone for something no more or less successful than what I could do myself in excel/access/visual basic...

you need one ticket to be in it... unless you are a wheeling whiz, anymore than 1 is overkill...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Australia
              Member #3084
              December 22, 2003
              328 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2004, 3:50 am - IP Logged

To All

Do I detect a maturing in thought here?

No over exaggeration, hype etc!

This is the road map to respectability for our noble interest and quest - you've got to be plucky to take on odds of 8 million to 1..

Yes, we exercise our brains, (and therefore live longer), entertain ourselves and beat the odds if we do it right. 

Regards
              Colin 

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2004, 4:22 am - IP Logged

The lottery people don't go by and don't care about the 1000 pick 4 numbers, they go by the 0 to 9 digits.

That is in the long run every one of this 10 0 to 9 digits must show up an almost equal number of times, that is the requirment that they must go by, they don't care too much how many times any given pick 3 combo comes out, some never or almost never come out others only 1 or 2 times and yet others 6 to 8 or 9 times in 10 or so years, that does not matter to them, they only go by digit (0 to 9) counts, so they have a lot of freedom, they can have any pick 3 numbers that they want come out so long as in the long run the digit count for all 10 digits remains about the same.

So go by frequency of digits and not by frequency of combos.

I might be wrong, but I think that this is how it works.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                  Dump Water Florida
                  United States
                  Member #380
                  June 5, 2002
                  3102 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2004, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

For Pick-3 and Pick-4 I don't think frequency matters as much as when it's each digit's turn to hit again. 

Frequency whether in total or by position can be totally different for different players one using a week, another ten days, another two weeks range of history, etc.

Watching the skips and hits can tell you when a digit is expected, whether it shows up or not is another story, but at least you know what's due to hit in a perfect world.  BobP