Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Clubs

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 12 years ago by reddog.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
reddog's avatar - patch
Greensboro, North Carolina
United States
Member #1616
June 5, 2003
1283 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2004, 6:08 am - IP Logged

RJOH, you are correct. I only get in a pool at work when the Mega Millions is this high and we can draw up a big group of say 30 or more.

We have no plan, no strategy, just hoping for luck.

My wife had a group up with just 9 people at five per. That was 45 chances. They won back $10 bucks.

All I was saying is there is a better chance to break even or even win without spending a lot of money in a group if there is a large number in the group.

I only brought this issue up because I knew what  this thread was leading to and I wasn't about to join some Lottery Pool where there was a pyramid scheme involved. That's all.

US Flag

south Carolina
    United States
    Member #5288
    June 28, 2004
    21 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2004, 6:13 am - IP Logged

Im not a member of a pool  but ive heard its true what you said  I guess the bottom line is how can we  figure out the winning numbers 

reddog's avatar - patch
      United States
      Member #1616
      June 5, 2003
      1283 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2004, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

What we decided to do today

US Flag

United States
        Member #5312
        June 29, 2004
        1 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2004, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

How does it work if say you had a club at work and one person is in charge of all the money and getting the tickets?  He then distributes copies of all teh tickets that were purchased.  How do they split up the winnings if you win in a pool?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3102 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2004, 3:22 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by mchockeyguy on June 29, 2004

How does it work if say you had a club at work and one person is in charge of all the money and getting the tickets?  He then distributes copies of all teh tickets that were purchased.  How do they split up the winnings if you win in a pool?

Unless you enjoy spending time in court with lawyers for years, you get a book or program that gives you the forms people agree to before dollar one goes into the pot.  You'll find links to some of them here in with the lotto club listings.  BobP

http://www.lotto-logix.com/information.html
            RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19817 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2004, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Before I was retired I participated in several lottery pools at work.  One, I put a dollar in twice a week which played the local lottery and others were formed whenever there was a big PowerBall or BigGame jackpot.  One or two people were usually in charge and everyone who wanted in contributed the same amount, they bought the tickets, made copies of them for everyone in the pool and the plan was to split the winnings equally, however we never won a jackpot.  When the winning was small enough that the state didn't collect any taxes, we split the winnings equally and when the winnings required the state to collect taxes, we figured out the amount of taxes to be paid plus some extra to cover the actually tax increase of the person collecting the winnings and split the remaining amount equally.  Anyone that didn't want to contributed any equal amount couldn't be in the pool which made it easy to divide up the winnings.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

reddog's avatar - patch
              United States
              Member #1616
              June 5, 2003
              1283 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2004, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

I guess if the group won then rule #1 is to get a lawyer.

We have a list of names who are in the group.

US Flag