Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Looking for Brilliant Minds

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 12 years ago by trance.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Stuart, Florida
United States
Member #2533
October 16, 2003
34 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2004, 6:28 am - IP Logged

I've read up and down in this forum and I can see right away that there are some really good Mathematicians here. I'm wondering if any of you would care to join our Pick-3 mailing list on Yahoo Groups. We need some fresh ideas and perhaps some new algorithms. Right now we are discussing the laws of probability. After all, The pick-3 has only 1,000 combinations versus 23 MILLION like in the big lotto. Of course you can't win as much playing the pick-3, but I'm not sure why you guys don't dabble with something a whole lot easier FIRST, and then move to the big stuff.

Please help us. We need a "probability" expert.

Email me kp@gate.net and I'll subscribe you to the list.

Australia
    Member #3084
    December 22, 2003
    328 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2004, 9:34 am - IP Logged

Kp203

I'm quite happy with this site. It has an interesting mix of people who you don't necessarily have to agree with and vice versa which gives it a color and vibrancy I haven't seen anywhere else.

I'm sure some of the increased traffic that Todd is experiencing comes from word of mouth where people have read something interesting or got a laugh etc. I'm sure also we have some budding writers on this forum who are honing their talents, and for that you need good feedback.

So, I would say to you get your people to come here. I for one would not be interested in email exchange.

Colin 

PS Some of us have done a whole lot more than dabble.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19902 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2004, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

In an earlier post titled "Let's be totally stupid" http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/90320 , you explained the folly of playing pick 3 games and now you're asking that brilliant minds join you in coming up with ways to win pick 3 games.  Is it possible to be brilliant and stupid at the same time?  There are more posters in the Pick-3 section than any other sections in this forum, so you should find many ideas. Pick 3 games are designed to be fun and produce lots of winners, but nobody is going to get rich even if they win 50% of the time.  In the jackpot game, you only have to win once to be rich.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23351 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2004, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Kp2o3:

I think the people here would much rather have for you invite your Pick 3 mailing list friends to come here, rather than the other way around.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2004, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

From what I have seen on The Lottery Post from the mathematicians here, mathematics is not going to get you anywhere, while repeated observation of the pick 3 history, and good deductive skills and reasoning together with pick 3 statistics will get you evereywhere (THE WINING NUMBER)

All the math that you will ever need to win on the pick 3 is:

Addition.

How do I know? Make a guess.

Did I need any math to crack the pick 3?

Just addition.

Do you need to have a college degree to crack the pick 3?

No not at all.

You do need to believe that it can be done.

And a very strong desire to do it and overpowering desire I should add, addition and good reasoning skills.

And you need to keep on looking at the history of the game, untill you see the things that you need to see.

And a lot of thinking and meditation and more and more meditation.

Mathematics? I don't think so and have cracked the game in more than one way and I am working on cracking it in one more and final way.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2004, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Here on the Lottery Post forum I found many ideas that helped me do it.

If you want help and ideas come here and go thru the old and new posts.

Why should anybody from here go any where else for ideas and or help, everything that you need to crack and win the pick 3 is right here on the old posts.

Come here and learn.

Maybe math is usefull for the jackpot games, I don't know.

But for the pick 3 you don't need it.

It might be usefull, I don't know, I myself did not need it.

All that you need is a good practical mind, forget about all the math mumbo jumbo or whatever is called.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
              E-Town,Ky
              United States
              Member #3493
              January 25, 2004
              6348 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2004, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

I personally do not dabble,I win,and p3 and p4 is a very interesting game to me,I don't expect to get rich from it,to me the point of the game is to have fun playing, this is the only post where the majority of the members work togather and have fun togather at least I think the majority of the members do.why should we go someplace else when all we need is right here in the lottery forum.

Saleo Paleo    

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23351 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2004, 9:26 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: O

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

San Diego
                  United States
                  Member #4520
                  May 1, 2004
                  243 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2004, 1:46 am - IP Logged

Well, well, well.

I was also going to say that Kp203 isn't necessarily an intuitive and friendly user name.

I also felt insulted about the comment of "hiding" behind my user name. Why would I want to hide? And how does email differ from that. Most email addresses are just as cryptic.

Finally, comparing a web site as feature rich and well designed as this one to an email blizzard, or to a Yahoo mail server, is ludicrous.

Of course, it may depend on the objective,  and what the user has in mind. But really, every time I go to a mail server I get  frustrated because I end up wasting so much time finding the kernel of truth in the mass of junk.

And finally, what do user names have to do with finding brilliant math minds? Reallly, if Kp203 were interested in brilliant minds, he would embrace them and work with them at their terms, not under some funky argument of email versus web sites.

Geez, take the information and do something with it.

Irvin's avatar - Goolag

New Zealand
                    Member #2234
                    September 2, 2003
                    173 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2004, 5:24 am - IP Logged

My real name is...Irvin. Just thought I should state the obvious.

Regards,

John

lottoshlep's avatar - super 7-top-over.jpg
                      BC
                      Canada
                      Member #2120
                      August 19, 2003
                      258 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2004, 6:25 am - IP Logged

Quick!! Hide!! Someone

if at first you don't succeed ... destroy all evidence you ever tried  Cool 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19902 Posts
                        Posted: July 7, 2004, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Anything can be had for the right price, even a brilliant mind.  Kp2o3, what's a brilliant mind worth to you?  It comes with a real name so you'll know who to write the check out to.  Anything worth having comes with a price, even a losing lottery ticket.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Australia
                          Member #3084
                          December 22, 2003
                          328 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2004, 7:45 am - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by Irvin on July 06, 2004

My real name is...Irvin. Just thought I should state the obvious.

Regards,

John

Irvin (aka John) or John (aka Irvin)

So who is masquerading as who?

Haka! Haka!

Colin

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                            Member #5599
                            July 13, 2004
                            1192 Posts
                            Posted: July 27, 2004, 8:51 am - IP Logged

I've read up and down in this forum and I can see right away that there are some really good Mathematicians here. I'm wondering if any of you would care to join our Pick-3 mailing list on Yahoo Groups. We need some fresh ideas and perhaps some new algorithms. Right now we are discussing the laws of probability. After all, The pick-3 has only 1,000 combinations versus 23 MILLION like in the big lotto. Of course you can't win as much playing the pick-3, but I'm not sure why you guys don't dabble with something a whole lot easier FIRST, and then move to the big stuff.

Apparently people need to goto wheelworld.com and pay $90 to do this.*L*

Australia
                              Member #3084
                              December 22, 2003
                              328 Posts
                              Posted: July 27, 2004, 9:32 am - IP Logged

JKing

I'm moving from the Big stuff where I have my System working as well as I think it can to the small stuff where all the action seems to be.

I think this is the top dog place for discussing Lotto etc so really you should be telling your friends to contribute here. Besides that I value highly the laughs I get here and that is very hard to find on other forums.

There is also the freedom to just drop out for a while and not be hassled by emails etc.

Colin