Men and money -- women and money. Yes, some guys have all the luck (I think Rod Stewart made that song -- or a remake).
Who are some of these $$$ guys:
1. Donald Trump -- he has had the most beautiful women on his arm. Yes, men envy him! Well, I guess money can buy you love or pretended love. Lucky or what?
2. Bill Gates -- definitely not a Tom Cruise look-alike -- hardworking, ambitious, and lucky: he, too, has a very attractive wife. Lucky or what?
3. Denzel Washington -- yes, he is a Hollywood star and a TV star: a box office draw and a box office hit: an attractive wife, indeed. Lucky or what? Let him get a divorce or God, forbid, his wife passes away: women will be knocking down his door!
4. Will Smith -- yes, another Hollywood star and a TV star: a beautiful wife, too.
5. Dr. Bill Cosby -- successful all around superstar. His wife has a doctorate, too. Lucky or what?
6. President George Bush -- not on the unemployment lines, yet! Comes from money -- has a very attractive wife! Lucky or what?
7. Senator John Kerry -- at least he had the sense to marry a woman with money. Lucky or what?
What do the above men have in common? They have no money problems and definitely no women problems (finding women.)
Usually, your soap-opera stars are not wanting for relationships because mostly everyone wants to be seen or desire to be near them. Of course, your Hollywood stars -- some are still married -- but those stars who are not married have absolutely no problems finding women. The Plastic Surgery industry is a booming business. There is absolutely no excuse for anyone looking badly, is it?
Oh, yeah, even your rap-stars, basketball stars, and others are enjoying the fruits of their labors. By the way, you have never heard of any artists hiring a dump truck, going into poor neighborhoods, and giving away their wealth. Lucky or what? Sure, most of them donate to their charities.
Furthermore, I am not going to lie and say that I have not often wondered what is it like to be in their shoes: money, power, media attention, or other recreational attention. Hey, television does not let you forget it, either! We only pass this way but once -- supposedly, you do not get another chance. No one has risen from the grave!
For those people who often exclaim: "money cannot buy happiness," I say: "being poor is no guarantee of happiness, either." Who in their right mind want to be poor and wanting?
For us working slobs, we can be laid off, we can be fired, or we can be downsized. Please do not think these scenarios are not happening in peoples' lives everyday. If we are working for someone else, the powers-that-be are holding the keys to our financial future. The lucky ones are the ones who have started or who will be starting their own businesses.
Why do most people just want to be mediocre...just getting by from day-to-day and never aspiring to reach for the stars? Here again, these are the people you hear in conversations, retorting: "money cannot buy happiness!" Get my drift? Then, it is true: the rich think differently from the poor!
So, lottery winners to be: love is fine, if you find it. However, having money will not hurt you or will not kill you (my opinion). In fact, money can complement a relationship. Am I right Donald?