Welcome Guest
You last visited April 20, 2021, 5:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Interesting Study (please read)

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 17 years ago by ONEDAY.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Stuart, Florida
United States
Member #2533
October 16, 2003
34 Posts

Has anyone here ever researched "tolerences"? I'd like to colaborate with someone who has done some work in this area. I find it very interesting.

By "tolerence" I mean... for example:

Is it possible for a 3-digit number NEVER to apear in a states' Pick-3? I'm almost sure the answer to this question is NO.  In time I think ALL 3-digit numbers MUST be drawn, even if it takes 100 years or perhaps 1,000 years, or even 10,000 years. Am I correct?

Another example might be this: (and here's where I need the help)

In Florida there has been no double digits for 21 consecutive draws.

Can anyone here look back in your State's Pick-3 history and find the maximum number of draws without double digits being drawn? Is it possible for double digits to stay away more than let's say - 50 consecutive draws?? 75 draws? 100 draws. WHERE IS THE MAX??

When do the laws of "probability" overpower the law of "averages" (or vice versa) ??

There might be hundreds of these examples.

What about PAIRS for example?? Front Pairs, Back Pairs, Split Pairs. What can be the maximum number of draws any pair has gone without being drawn. I'm sure all pairs MUST BE DRAWN sooner or later, but who has the MAX? What is the number??? 1,000 draws? 5,000 draws?

WHO has these numbers?

I'm telling you that there are HUNDREDS of "tolerence" examples! I'm sure SOMEBODY here MUST have looked into this area.

One final example and probably the easiest to understand:

Nobody here can tell me that the single digit (we'll use "1" for this example) will never again be drawn in the Georgia Pick 3. This statement has to be FALSE. I hope we all agree.

Ok then... What "can be" the maximum consecutive draws any digit has gone WITHOUT being drawn in any position? 100 draws? 200 draws? 1,000 draws?

Who has the answer to these examples? The answers DO EXIST SOMEWHERE. Who has them and how can I get them?

Thanks for any help in this area.

Peter C. - kp@gate.net

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts

All that I can say, is that it's possible for a particular pick 3 number to never be drawn, or to take 10 or more years before it comes out for the very first time.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Bluegrass's avatar - nw archer.jpg
      Killer's Cove
      United States
      Member #57
      December 17, 2001
      6056 Posts

Just checked the Doubles stats for KY, Ky once went 25 without drawing a double. There were several instances of 21 to 23 draws without a double being drawn

The average between doubles for KY is 3.5 draws, with a Median of 3 draws. Hope this helps ! Bob

US Flag    Life i$ good !  US Flagbg

Killer's Cove
        United States
        Member #57
        December 17, 2001
        6056 Posts

The stats for Georgia are basically the same as listed above for KY.

25 draws is the max out for doubles, average is 3.6 draws, Median is 3 draws....Bob

Do not have complete draw data for any other State.

Killer's Cove
          United States
          Member #57
          December 17, 2001
          6056 Posts

Max out for pairs:  Kentucky = 335 draws, Georgia = 191 draws

Killer's Cove
            United States
            Member #57
            December 17, 2001
            6056 Posts

Max draws out for any one digit.....23 draws for both KY & GA

Texas
              United States
              Member #1477
              May 7, 2003
              2311 Posts

To start with.....there are only 120 sets of 3 digit numbers so I would think that at some point all "sets" would have played in some order during a years time.  Now....perhaps a particular EXACT can go without playing for an extended period of time...but I would not think the digits in the combination themselves would go for an extended period of time.

Regards Doubles....there are 90 "sets" of digits and since they dont play nearly as often as the 3 digit combos I think it could be an even longer period of time before a particular EXACT would appear.

Regards Doubles not playing at all.....in a years plus database for Texas, there has only been 1 instance where Doubles went 25-26 days without playing at all.  Then couple months later it seemed like every time you turned around all there was was Doubles!

Regards the length of time a digit hasnt played in a particular position, in looking at my charts I found that the digits went 49-54-47 before a digit reappeared in the 1st-2nd-3rd positions.  It's not important to know "what" digit it was, just that a digit didnt play again in the 1st position for 49 games, 54 games in the 2nd position and 47 games in the 3rd position.  This database goes back to 10-3-2003 for the Texas Midday game.

Columbia City, Indiana
                United States
                Member #2978
                December 9, 2003
                381 Posts

In Indiana, there are 288 straight Pick-3 numbers that haven't been drawn since 1999. That means almost 30% of the field has essentially been eliminated from the game.

Now, we all know why this is happening in Indiana, so how does this relate to Kp2o3's question about Florida?

OKay, it doesn't have anything to do with Florida, but I wanted to get that off my chest, because this still bugs me.

Kp2o3, The situation you describe can be easily monitored with a simple hit/ skip chart. I've seen pairs stay out for over 100 draws, but that doesn't mean anything by itself. The Law of Averages states that, over time, every digit, every double, every pair and every combination will appear an equal number of times. You are correct when you say that every number must appear dventually, but there is no definitive time frame in which this must take place.

On the other hand, I am fairly certain that your state's game is an honest one, so you can turn your frustration into opportunity, if you have the patience for it. When you run into this situation, don't fight the trend; let it play itself out. Just keep your eye on it until it finally hits, and then start to include it in your selections.

For example, let's say you notice double fives have been not been drawn for thirty or forty days. Your strategy would be to wait for them to hit once, and then include the double fives in your selections for the next ten to fifteen days. It gets expensive if you convince yourself that they have to hit any day now, and keep chasing them.  Save your money, because they could be out 60 or 70 draws or more.

The Law of Averages will prevail in any honest lottery game. So if your double fives have been out for a lengthy period of time, they must appear more often in a subsequent, shorter period of time in order to average out with the rest of the doubles field.

This works for single digits and pairs, too. I've used this method with great success in Ohio and Michigan, and I see no reason it wouldn't work for you in Florida.

Incidentally, your skip/ hit chart will also tell you, with a fairly high degree of accuracy, when a seemingly overdue digit or double is likely to make an appearance. This is a very powerful tool for the daily games, and well worth the effort required to set it up.

To answer your question, the maximum number of draws any digit, double or combination can stay out depends on your lifespan and when you actually began playing. If you live to be 119 years old, and you began playing on your twentieth birthday, the maximum number of days any element can stay out would be 36,500, assuming you stick to the deal and die on the day before your 120th birthday. Even if it's out longer than that, it doesn't change your personal upper limit.

Good luck!

P.S.

When I wrote this, it was under the assumption that Kp2o3 was a novice player. Now that I've seen his website, it's obvious to me that he should already know the answers to the all of questions he's asking.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                  Clarksville
                  United States
                  Member #487
                  July 15, 2002
                  17638 Posts

To figure out what it is you are looking to hit in Florida..do a back check ..count the double hits in the previous months..take an average of them..and for next month..figure that u will get 1 and 1/2 times---2 as many doubles as u have not had this month..Also in your counting..try to list the double hits for example 11, 22, 33, etc..and take note of when they appeared last and HOW ex..224, 242, 422.  When u are playing your doubles, use your list...the longest double pairs out should be your play..(Personally, I am waiting for Fla to get the 208 back and then maybe 2's or 7's)

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Stuart, Florida
                    United States
                    Member #2533
                    October 16, 2003
                    34 Posts
                    Quote: Originally posted by Clipper on July 29, 2004

To start with.....there are only 120 sets of 3 digit numbers so I would think that at some point all "sets" would have played in some order during a years time.  Now....perhaps a particular EXACT can go without playing for an extended period of time...but I would not think the digits in the combination themselves would go for an extended period of time.

In Florida after 5,932 draws there remains 2 straight numbers never hit

Regards Doubles....there are 90 "sets" of digits and since they dont play nearly as often as the 3 digit combos I think it could be an even longer period of time before a particular EXACT would appear.

In Florida after 5,932 draws a 3-way box (455) failed to hit in 1933 consecutive draws. That was the longest for any 3-way box.

Regards Doubles not playing at all.....in a years plus database for Texas, there has only been 1 instance where Doubles went 25-26 days without playing at all.  Then couple months later it seemed like every time you turned around all there was was Doubles!

29 Consecutive draws with no dubs in Florida.

Regards the length of time a digit hasnt played in a particular position, in looking at my charts I found that the digits went 49-54-47 before a digit reappeared in the 1st-2nd-3rd positions.  It's not important to know "what" digit it was, just that a digit didnt play again in the 1st position for 49 games, 54 games in the 2nd position and 47 games in the 3rd position.  This database goes back to 10-3-2003 for the Texas Midday game.

Your texas Pick-3 must be very young. We've gone 103 consecutive draws without a "1" in the first position. but like you say,,,, the actual "number" don't matter.

Thanks for the reply,

Peter C.  kp@gate.net

Stuart, Florida
                      United States
                      Member #2533
                      October 16, 2003
                      34 Posts
                      Quote: O
                        Columbia City, Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #2978
                        December 9, 2003
                        381 Posts

Kp2o3:

Yes; my apologies. Apparently, I was viewing Clipper's website, and not your non-existent one which, incidentally, is probably quite impressive, I would imagine, or will be, I'm sure, once you actually get it built.

Belay my last...

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

Ridgerunner2's avatar - nw gnome.jpg
                          Wildwood, Florida
                          United States
                          Member #5645
                          July 15, 2004
                          25 Posts

Hey KP, how's it going? I think that you are trying to get too complicated. I don't know if this will help you or not, but here goes...Anything IS possible...it's POSSIBLE that the sun will not come up tomorrow, but not probable. But, when you are dealing with a finite number of objects, in this case the numbers 0 thru 9 in positions A, B, or C, all you have to be concerened with is the law of averages. And that can best be described, in my own simplistic way, as given that ALL things are equal and given an infinite amount of time, all numbers will appear in each position at one time or another. Try to keep it simple...because when it comes right down to it all it can EVER be is an educated QUESS.

Ridgerunner2's avatar - nw gnome.jpg
                            Wildwood, Florida
                            United States
                            Member #5645
                            July 15, 2004
                            25 Posts

Sorry...this is just a continuation of the last post..., There have been, PROBABLY, thousand's of books and system's written about the lottery and when it gets down to the 'Meat and Potatoes" of each one they mostly deal with "AVERAGING" in one form or another no matter how complicated they get. Just pick a number of the most recent draws (I, myself, have had the most LUCK with 20), see how many times each number was in a particular position and then play the averages. The best of luck to you and lots of "HITS"

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1477
                              May 7, 2003
                              2311 Posts

Actuallly the Texas Pick 3 isnt "young" at all.....been around over 10 years. 

I just dont have my positional tracking set up to go back further then 10-3-2003 as I find the information immaterial for the manner in which I track the digits.  I tend to track in the "here and now" rather then the past and dont spend my time on percentage's and other "stastics" to determine what is going to play next.

We dont have the ability to win according to "pairs" such as front-back-ends so that aspect is of no importance to me until they do.  Since I get 2 digits each day most of the time the possibility of winning something with a "pairs" possibility would be very much to my liking <G>

Today in Texas 019 hit....had the 1 and the 9 but was going for another PURE game with the 3 and 7 each with the 19 :(    Oh well....I was only out $2.00.