Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I am done with this forum

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 12 years ago by chouquounette.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
middle Georgia
United States
Member #1893
July 20, 2003
1868 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2004, 4:39 am - IP Logged

Hi Sandy K and Visiondude,

A Lottery Post member/ friend called me this morning and asked if I knew what was going on here.  She knows how I feel about both of you.  I don't know why people want to be mean and say such hurtful things.  My mother (now deceased) always told us that if we couldn't say something nice about a person then not say anything at all.  I haven't read the posts but I know that I don't want you to leave us.  I hope the guilty party regrets his behavior and maybe his conscience will give him enough grief that he will think long and hard before lashing out like this again.

Take care my friends......... I appreciate you both.

Maggie

Ridgerunner2's avatar - nw gnome.jpg
    Wildwood, Florida
    United States
    Member #5645
    July 15, 2004
    25 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2004, 5:38 am - IP Logged

Sandy, Tender, loving people often have tender feelings, I know, but the sad truth is the world is full of people who have no regard for others. Try reading some of the comments they make to others on AOL forums sometimes. The point is, we can not control the stupidity and ignorance of others. But we CAN control how we choose to allow them to affect us personally. Just remember that people who feel that they have the right to attack others for having thoughts or beliefs contrary to their's are small-minded, self-centered, control freaks and have so little confidence in themselves that the only way they can justify their existance is by going online and berating others. Be true to your beliefs and have faith in the many friends that you obivously have.

Winner2Be's avatar - diva
      Charleston
      United States
      Member #1990
      August 5, 2003
      1675 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2004, 8:31 am - IP Logged
      Quote: O

Sometimes the Heart can see what the eyes cannot.

Benjamin'04's avatar - dude
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #5910
        July 27, 2004
        266 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2004, 8:45 am - IP Logged

wow.....this is, quite sad.

Ben..Ben..Ben...If U wanna see those Benjamins it is imperative U play smart

Peace, Godluck

paperchase's avatar - dude
          nassau,bahamas
          Bahamas
          Member #4767
          May 23, 2004
          168 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2004, 8:49 am - IP Logged

always remember sandy an opinion is like a butthole,everyone has one but that guy 'kwhil whats his face' must have two.The one on his neck is more active thats all,he is a kid starving for attention thats all pay him no mind just keep up the good posts n' help me win money.I've been watching this site from 2002 n' there is always a village idiot lurking around so don't pay him no mind so let me see a post please(illinois n' florida would be great) i'm looking forward to it 

sweetangel2002u's avatar - anglewings
            Dallas
            United States
            Member #5370
            July 1, 2004
            36 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2004, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Honey, if we had a nickel for everytime someone said something mean about us, we would'nt need to play the lottery.  Don't let it get you down. Stay and keep posting.  nuff said.

star69's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              sebring,florida
              United States
              Member #81
              September 22, 2000
              1627 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2004, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Sandy K,

You have l

konane's avatar - wallace
                Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #1265
                March 13, 2003
                3333 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2004, 10:13 am - IP Logged
                Sandy K, Visiondude, Colin et al

Please allow me to issue a formal apology for all I said which may have offended you.   

The thread was begun as a question rather than that of an official topic setting boundaries and general rules which would have more succinctly defined subject matter but ballooned into discussing everything anyone thought belonged.

Those of us interested in intuiting lottery numbers should have immediately taken our discussion to another thread defining its content.  That's been done now which may or may not engender participation .... remains to be seen.

If anyone wonders it has always been offensive to me to have someone in my face, who refuses to observe courteous boundaries on line or otherwise.  Some of you may have experienced similar circumstances and understand the point.

One opinion or method about how lottery numbers are arrived at is as valid as another giving readers enough information for them to choose for themselves. 

Until the the time that observation of boundaries was breached we had site hits, we had contributors which shows a profound interest in the subject as a whole but most especially related to winning the lottery.

It is my sincere hope that the discussion can continue with all interested parties participating on the new thread.  However if it doesn't happen I have a good full life with many other endeavors to joyfully fill my time.

Since K was being highlighted and emphasized in this thread felt the need to issue a sincere apology.  Good luck to all!! 

Good luck to everyone!

Australia
                  Member #3084
                  December 22, 2003
                  328 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2004, 10:26 am - IP Logged

The Ballad of Sandy K

One morning there happened a Posting
                  When the Good were not looking that way
                  That caused much grief to a Lady
                  T'was the proud Southern Belle Sandy K.

The insult was vile and uncalled for
                  And she wondered the truth of it all
                  For no-one defended her honour
                  No-one defended her at all.

'Tis true I could see it a coming
                  And had posted previously a call
                  To bring the thread to an ending
                  But no-one heeded my call.

So Sandy she vented her anger
                  And informed her friends on LP
                  That if so little they valued her Honour
                  Then no more her presence would it be.

But then there happened a rallying
                  That has scarce been witnessed before
                  The Forum it stirred and was astounded
                  At the audacity of this cowardly cur.

They beseeched her to stay and ignore it
                  For as one the many voices implored
                  But I say look first to your Family and Children
                  And come back when you just plain get bored.

Colin

Phyllis's avatar - Catwoman

United States
                    Member #459
                    July 8, 2002
                    612 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2004, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Yes Sandy,

You have many friends here and I thank like myself not too many  of us saw that post.

"Sometimes people with nothing to do and a lot of time on their hands strike out at others merely to bring attention to themselves.  I am really sorry that this person attacked you  and that you considered leaving the post.  After all the time you've been here, all the postive input that you've contributed,  no don't let such a narrow minded person drive you away. "

Enjoy the time you plan to take while you wait for the birth of your grandchild.

We've all enjoyed this forum for sometime now. It's been great knowing that you can come here and get helpful information to play the lottery.  I believe that Todd will continue to make sure it remains that way 

Another wondeful thing about the forum is that if someone inadvertently hurt another they have openly apologize.  The "key" is that we have all tried to remain  as friendly as possible.  There has been no reason not to be.

Just a reminder to that "Little person" this forum is about helping people who come here not HURTING.   

To Sandy and all have a wonderful day.

Phyllis

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                      Clarkston, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #76
                      January 6, 2002
                      8528 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2004, 11:09 am - IP Logged

First of all let me say this:

The reason that it has taken me so long to respond to the wonderful replies is that my computer hard drive burned up last night.  I called and ordered a new hard drive and it should be here by next Monday.  So this my alternate computer with good old Windows 95 on it and I hate the dang thing and I am at dial-up which is super slow. So I think the Lord wanted me to cool my jets for a week or so and that is what I am going to do.  I just didn't want to leave you all hanging and think I was still crying in my beer.

I THANK EVERYONE....I MEAN EVERYONE FOR THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS.  If I have a fault (I don't have many...lol) is that I am sensitive to a fault......hey I could have worse problems.......

Visiondude, you are tough as nails and you could handle it.  I couldn't......and I did not get any PM's from you.  I hope you're doing fine out there in the sunny West Coast. I will defend a person close to my heart when they are being berated.  You and I have something in common, "the gift of God in lives."  We both know the trials we both been thru and we know the power of the Lord. 

KONANE, I had no problem with you or your thread.  Like I said, everyone does their own thing and I respect that.  I just thought Kwhilborn went a bit overboard with the name calling.  I hope your new thread will be informative and helpful to many people.

Colin, wonderful poem.....................thank you for taking the time to compose it.

And most of all to my friend, TGirl137, I don't know what I would do without you.  You are an awesome friend who seems to know how to calm me down, who probably understands me more than anyone on this forum, who I know is recuperating from an operation right now, and still finds time to listen to my yappings. I don't know who is more excited for the baby to get here......you or me....lol........

So fellow Lottery Post members, I probably will only check in a couple times this week........busy week......lots to do........and I hate this dang computer.

Good luck.........make some money this week for SandyK...........lots of money.

Sandy

konane's avatar - wallace
                        Atlanta, GA
                        United States
                        Member #1265
                        March 13, 2003
                        3333 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2004, 11:29 am - IP Logged
                        Quote: O

Good luck to everyone!

shelbyjean's avatar - shapes quad_feather.jpg
                          ohio
                          United States
                          Member #3573
                          February 1, 2004
                          86 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2004, 11:33 am - IP Logged

hello sandy k&

Mail For Youfrom shelbyjean

BOLT2's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                            Eastern Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #1619
                            June 5, 2003
                            170 Posts
                            Posted: August 2, 2004, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

SANDY K

I GOT INTO A SIMILAR SITUATION ON ANOTHER POST BORD.I WAS IN DEFENSE OF A FELLOW POSTER.AND GOT DRAGGED INTO AN ALL OUT VERBAL CONFRITATION WITH THE PERSON THAT DID THE ATTACK .I WISH I WOULD HAVE SAID ME MIND AND IGNORED THEM FROM THERE ON.IT WOULD HAVE WORKED OUT BETTER FOR ME .I HOPE YOU CONTINUE POSTING AND JUST PUT THIS BEHID YOU.

HAVE A GOOD DAY

BOLT

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
                              E-Town,Ky
                              United States
                              Member #3493
                              January 25, 2004
                              6348 Posts
                              Posted: August 2, 2004, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Who the heck is kwhilborn,someone who dosen't know what he or she is talking about,SandyK you do a great service to this forum, I to quit posting for awhile over some members like that, But they are not the ones we are trying to help anyway,Just ignore what was said, The majority of us on the forum know what you contribute,And sure are glad you are here to help,I also didn't see the other post or I would have been there in a flash,keep up the (GOOD WORK).........Saleo Paleo     

Saleo Paleo