Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MegaMillions picks...08/17/04

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 12 years ago by WannaWinSoon.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Avatar

United States
Member #5914
July 27, 2004
64 Posts
Offline
Posted: August 18, 2004, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Thanks RJOh & willl3,

I know, I was bummed about that. There's always Friday...

I'm happy to answer any LuckSmith questions, too.

M

    fja's avatar - gnome1

    United States
    Member #91
    January 19, 2002
    11932 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: August 18, 2004, 11:31 am - IP Logged

    Wannawin soon: 

    Nice going,  love to see that happen on the post (about the third time i've seen 4 out of 5)...good luck on friday

    "Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

      RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19828 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: August 18, 2004, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

      WannaWinSoon may be on to something with that lucksmith system that reduces the size of the number pool. In the last 10 drawings on two occasions the winning numbers didn't contain any number from the previous 7 drawings.  On 08/06/04 the 25 numbers from the previous seven drawings could have been eliminated leaving 27 numbers that had all 5 winning numbers and again on 07/16/04, the same thing occurred again. By reducing the number pool to 27 numbers instead of 52 your odds are of a match 5 are improved 32 times when all 5 winning numbers are in that group.  Having those kinds of odds 20% of the time may be worth not have a chance of winning 80% of the time and better than not winning 100% of the time.

      RJOh

       * you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 
         
                   Evil Looking       

        Avatar

        United States
        Member #5914
        July 27, 2004
        64 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: August 18, 2004, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

        RJOh-

        Although the methods I use are different than the ones you describe for reducing the number pool, the philosophy and strategy behind it is the same:


        • Provide improved odds for all potential prize wins some of the time, at the expense of eliminating chances to win major prizes some of the time

        (Your methods are excellent, btw, and show that you spend a considerable amount of time studying these games! As you've probably seen, no single method of analysis works for all games, or even consistently within the same game. LuckSmith is built around this notion, so it can work for a variety of different games.)

        Perhaps the other difference is I've tried to strike a balance by establishing a number pool that retains the most consistent chance to win major prizes, and also provides a decent improvement in the overall odds of winning at least something. That means a pool that is larger than some are comfortable using for wheels. For an "average" player, however, and even some experts, the system provides an easy-to-get improvement that is recognizable. Based on feedback and results thus far, I've hit my objectives for most of the games LuckSmith tracks. There are exceptions, but overall I'm pretty pleased.

        M

          kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
          Virginia
          United States
          Member #1712
          June 20, 2003
          1549 Posts
          Offline
          Posted: August 18, 2004, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

          WannaWinSoon:

          Way to go... Keep up the good work.

          Chief

           


          May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

            honey bee's avatar - animaniacs40
            VA.
            United States
            Member #2362
            September 21, 2003
            3020 Posts
            Offline
            Posted: August 19, 2004, 9:53 am - IP Logged

             

              ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              OHIO
              United States
              Member #5328
              June 30, 2004
              1284 Posts
              Offline
              Posted: August 19, 2004, 2:31 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by WannaWinSoon on August 18, 2004



              Thanks RJOh & willl3,

              I know, I was bummed about that. There's always Friday...

              I'm happy to answer any LuckSmith questions, too.

              M

               

               

              Hi,

              Congrats on that win..very nice..10 numbers to play is very reasonable. Are you planning to add buckeye 5  to lucksmith?

              have a great winning day!

                RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Offline
                Posted: August 19, 2004, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

                Quote: Originally posted by willl3 on August 18, 2004



                WannaWinSoon congrats!!!!!!!
                soooooooooooo close I hate that!
                 





                What would be sooooo bad about getting $150 back for $10 worth of tickets?

                RJOh

                 * you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 
                   
                             Evil Looking       

                  Avatar

                  United States
                  Member #5914
                  July 27, 2004
                  64 Posts
                  Offline
                  Posted: August 19, 2004, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

                  Hi Oneday-

                  Thanks for the note.

                  We're adding a bunch of games in September, including some Pick 3s and Pick 4s, but games for Florida, Michigan, Texas, Ohio, and others are also on the list (including Buckeye 5 and the Super Lotto). This is all assuming we get solid prediction results for enough draws to release them.

                  M

                    Avatar

                    United States
                    Member #5914
                    July 27, 2004
                    64 Posts
                    Offline
                    Posted: August 19, 2004, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

                    Also, thanks to everyone who's offered a congratulations. I got my win out of the way, now it's your turn!

                    M