Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'm sure there are going to be some upset members, but...

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 12 years ago by JohnC.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2004, 2:04 am - IP Logged

I'm sure there are going to be some upset members, but I have been forced to suspend MikeK from the forum.

Some of you may have seen this coming, because MikeK has been distributing some of my private messages to a group of people here, without my knowledge.

When I started this Web site over four years ago, I decided that I would always stick to a set of principles, because I felt that so much of the failure on the Internet is caused by people who have no core values.

An example of this would be maybells, who had a very popular site, but failed because of never sticking to principles.

For a long time I have allowed MikeK to post links into his commercial Web site (against my better judgment) because I felt that some of the membership may benefit from some of his offerings.

As of late, he has taken advantage of my flexibility, and placed links to his commercial Web site into every single message posted on Lottery Post.

This went beyond what I felt was right (not to mention violating the forum rules), and I sent him a Private Message asking him to stop.

In a very underhanded move, MikeK took my private message and, without my knowledge, forwarded it to other members, and added several lies and deceitful comments.  Basically, he started spreading lies about me, my business, my Web site, and my advertisers.

Then, this evening he sent me another private message, and within that message said some subtlely nasty comments, and attacked my business, my web site, etc.

When I responded back to him, he immediately started forwarding my private message to others (again, without my knowledge).

At that point I pulled the plug on his membership.

I am sorry if there are some people who will be upset by this.  You are perfectly justified in your feelings and opinions.

However, I simply will not have someone here who is stabbing me in the back, taking advantage of my good will, and talking trash about me behind my back.

I'm not going to lay out all my finances here, so without too much detail, I spend a lot more than $10,000 per year out of my own pocket to operate this Web site.  In addition, I just outlayed about $30,000 in new technology upgrades (out of my own pocket).  I get an insignificant fraction of that back in advertising.

However, more than money, I put countless hours every single day into the creation and maintenance of this site.  My lifeblood is in every page of this site.

I simply will not put up with garbage from a self-promoting, backstabbing person looking to take advantage of my good will.

If that causes me to loose people here, then that is unfortunate.

I will be happy to go into greater depth if anyone has any questions, whether through PM or posted here.

Unlike MikeK, I don't share the contents of PMs with other people, so your comments/questions will be private.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2004, 2:40 am - IP Logged

You did what you felt you had to, and that's what matters.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Australia
      Member #3084
      December 22, 2003
      328 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2004, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Todd

Stick to your principles.

Throughout my business life I've walked away from money because it went against my principles; I've never regretted it. Unfortunately, some people have no conscience and money reigns supreme in their life.

There is Retail Magnate in Sydney worth hundreds of millions of dollars like to have a dabble on the ponies and even owns a few. There was an article recently in a Sunday paper about him. Know what his favorite hobby and past-time is at the moment? Can you believe with all his millions it's growing his own vegetables and having his guests eat them. Yep, gets up early in the morning to go and hoe his turnips.

Now, I can appreciate this as I grew up on a farm and there aren't nothing like fresh 'taters and fresh peas.

I'm sure people other than myself used a computer model to prove that their system was able to produce results better than those for Random Selections prior to your prediction statistics on this site. What I'm also sure of is that a lot of people don't realize the historical significance of having in a public forum transparent posting of predictions and subsequent calculation of wins to prove this is obtainable.

As this information trickles through the academic communities around the world I assure you there are Professors who were so certain in their postulations before and now find they are completely wrong. Also, I believe a lot of the good results come from an analysis of recent Draw History and this is also putting out of joint those who say this has no relevance because of the theory associated with independent dvents.

As I've said before I look forward to the day when those who achieve good results, that is about 10% or more above Random Selections are treated with respect by the wider community.

I hope in some of the Posts I've made on this Forum I've made a small contribution by promoting the idea that results must be compared to those achieved by Random Selections in a statistically acceptable way. Full credit must go to you Todd for providing this information to the World through the Prediction Statistics on LotteryPost.

Colin

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3102 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2004, 3:27 am - IP Logged

Everything has a best balan

pensacola
          United States
          Member #5439
          July 4, 2004
          28 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2004, 3:28 am - IP Logged

i like mike k

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2004, 3:59 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by 5370 on August 19, 2004

i like mike k

We all do, I can't think of anyone who doesn't, but that's not the question. The question is whether MikeK has to play by the same rules we do or he gets a special pass to do as he likes and runs this forum rather then Todd.  It becomes a question of what kind of a forum are we going to have, one with rules and responsible moderation or spam from within and without.  It's in everyone's best interest to have Todd running things, especially since his hand is on the plug.  BobP
              Columbia City, Indiana
              United States
              Member #2978
              December 9, 2003
              381 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2004, 5:00 am - IP Logged

I don't recall any guarantee mentioned in my free membership agreement.

I like MikeK but, realistically, we're all your guests here, Todd. You can throw any of us off the forum at any time, for any reason, even if you don't like the color of our shirts, if you want to, and you're not obligated to explain yourself to any of us.

I'm sure you would never do that. My taste in clothes is fairly tolerable, although I'll admit I'm no fashion plate. It's not like my entire wardrobe came from Wal-Mart; I really do have some pretty nice threads. It's just that I don't always feel like dressing up before sitting down in front of the computer for several hours to talk to all of you wonderful people. I mean, c'mon, be honest; how many of you are wearing tuxedos right now??? There's nothing in the rules that says I have to wear a tuxedo, or even a tie. Well, all right, if my membership's at stake, I'll wear a clip-on, but I won't wear a tux. Okay, I'll wear a tux, but I'll only post on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays... um... if that's okay with you... 

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

johnph77's avatar - avatar
                CA
                United States
                Member #2987
                December 10, 2003
                832 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2004, 5:52 am - IP Logged

Todd -

It's your forum - period. If you've established certain guidelines and someone steps over those lines you have to take whatever action you deem appropriate. So be it. Your explanation is but a courtesy to the members who have read his posts in the past and probably goes far beyond what you needed to say.

As far as links go, I personally feel it necessary when I post a link to my site and/or pages to put the caveat in there that I'm non-commercial, I'm not trying to sell anybody anything and there are no ads for anything else on my site. What is there is information available for whatever purpose the reader has in mind and nothing more. I shall continue to do so.

Thanks and gl

john

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                  ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  5893 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2004, 6:56 am - IP Logged

Todd,

When I discovered this forum, I was pleasantly surprised, and  appreciate very much the information that everyone contributes. Rules have to be made, rules have to be followed. I'm sure you did, what you felt you had to do, with a open and clear mind.

Carbob

Mana's avatar - mana
                    Virginia Beach
                    United States
                    Member #3375
                    January 16, 2004
                    93 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2004, 7:41 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by jim695 on August 19, 2004

I don't recall any guarantee mentioned in my free membership agreement.

I like MikeK but, realistically, we're all your guests here, Todd. You can throw any of us off the forum at any time, for any reason, even if you don't like the color of our shirts, if you want to, and you're not obligated to explain yourself to any of us.

I'm sure you would never do that. My taste in clothes is fairly tolerable, although I'll admit I'm no fashion plate. It's not like my entire wardrobe came from Wal-Mart; I really do have some pretty nice threads. It's just that I don't always feel like dressing up before sitting down in front of the computer for several hours to talk to all of you wonderful people. I mean, c'mon, be honest; how many of you are wearing tuxedos right now??? There's nothing in the rules that says I have to wear a tuxedo, or even a tie. Well, all right, if my membership's at stake, I'll wear a clip-on, but I won't wear a tux. Okay, I'll wear a tux, but I'll only post on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays... um... if that's okay with you...

uh oh.... *hides himself due to his crossdressing gothiness*

... well you had to do what you had to do Todd ... rules are rules I guess. ^^;

... insert witty quote here ...

... My behavior and apperance betrays my age ... but I'm good enough ...
                    besides, people in person would still be afraid to talk to meh, even if I had millions ^^;

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                      Clarkston, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #76
                      January 6, 2002
                      8528 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2004, 7:48 am - IP Logged

First of all let me say this:  I really like MikeK........he gives us a lot of free stuff on his web site and I do appreciate it.  I am not a software buyer so I have never bought anything from him but I do use his free wheels, etc. occasionally.

I wondered all along how he got away with posting the links in his messages.  You were all over Cashologist for doing it, Todd.  You must stay consistent to the Forum rules.

I agree with you 100%.  And the backstabbing, geez..........how old are we?  Anyone who does this is not quite up to par as a person I want to deal with anyway.  Private messages are private.....(kind of like what does on in Vegas, stays in Vegas)..........and when we betray a trust, hey, you get what you give.

I am in full agreement with you and admire your commitment to your principles. I admire people who take a stand and stick with their beliefs even if I am not in agreement.   And I thank you for this Forum (my lottery home).  You a good man trying to do a favor for all of us.  I hope you continue to keep up the good work.

Sandy

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23259 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2004, 8:01 am - IP Logged

Thanks all for your supportive comments.  (And also some nice PMs.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Cleveland
                          United States
                          Member #5299
                          June 28, 2004
                          95 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2004, 8:04 am - IP Logged

Todd

I can only imagine the time and effort it takes to produce a site such as this.  To do what you do I have wondered if you even have time to sleep.  It is appreciated what you do.  Always stick to your principles.  Keep up the good work and be blessed.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8790 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2004, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Todd
                            You had been very flexible in the rules in this matter.
                            The line needed to be drawn.

WHATT

Pa
                              United States
                              Member #2485
                              October 9, 2003
                              319 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2004, 10:01 am - IP Logged

You know the saying Give them a inch and they will take a mile. I understand you and would like to say it is great coming to this site and i support you all the way.