Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think the lottery is Rigged

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 12 years ago by four4me.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
North Carolina
United States
Member #4313
April 11, 2004
2389 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2004, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Whether the numbers are rigged -- or not rigged...Hopefully one day they rig them my way.

Gentlespirit
'Be Loving and Peaceful'Blue Angel

camden2004's avatar - yocco
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    United States
    Member #6508
    August 26, 2004
    74 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2004, 1:39 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by orangeman on August 27, 2004

The lottery commissions have no interest in anyone winning.  That is why they make it harder and harder to win.  The more the game rolls over, the more tickets they well.  It is a no-brainer.  The Lotto owes you nothing . . .

Orangeman

Lotto Owes me nothing???? Um, Yea it Owes me something IF im buying tickets.

One day it might come true.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8364 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2004, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

camden2004 wrote Owes me something IF im buying tickets.
       and your getting that the money you lose goes to the general fund and natural resources according to your home states web page.

What do you mean nobody won two people in your state cleaned up on powerball in the last month not to mention other lottery winnings  color=#800080Minnesota State Lottery Official Website

That's right it only takes a buck to win whether it's a quick pick or your own numbers buying a lot of tickets is a waste of money. Buying a lot of tickets increases your chances slightly but no amount of tickets will guarantee a win.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        memawswan's avatar - animal swan.jpg
        old hickory
        United States
        Member #5940
        July 28, 2004
        9 Posts
        Posted: August 27, 2004, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Of c

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
          light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: August 27, 2004, 3:23 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: O

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2004, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

I like to think the games (big ones) are as random as humanly possible (note I didn't say totally random). When you jack the odds up high enough, you don't have the need to rig it... they win every draw, regardless if someone else does.

I like to play 1 ticket alot, but I would rather pick my own line than rely on the state's QP to do it for me... they never do... (neither do I, but at least I felt that I tried, LOL... and I am usually considerably closer than the QP)

I will, on occasion play a QP as a control when trying out a new system, like I will tonight for my just finished, "one shot" weighted stat pick for the Cash5. I have my 1 ticket for PB tonight...

having played both ways (multiple lines or just 1), for me, one line is much cheaper but not really as much fun, I did much better on low tier prizes playing a $5 card full of PB numbers than I do with just the one... but the cash I save by playing just one will help pay for a new guitar by november ;-)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

camden2004's avatar - yocco
              Minneapolis, Minnesota
              United States
              Member #6508
              August 26, 2004
              74 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2004, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

I Know that two People won in Minnesota, BUT they baught a 5 doller Quick pick ticket.

I dont know if the lottery is rigged or not but it is just something weird about it. Those people who won from my state was VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY LUCKY

One day it might come true.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8364 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2004, 5:46 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by camden2004 on August 28, 2004

I Know that two People won in Minnesota, BUT they baught a 5 doller Quick pick ticket.

Many people win on quick picks. Mainly because they don't take time to fill out a ticket or are in a hurry, can't decide on what numbers to play and some buy both.

I don't know if the lottery is rigged or not but it is just something weird about it. Those people who won from my state was VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY LUCKY

If somebody rigs powerball you will here about it in the news. The people were lucky, Well, I hope so, somebody has to win sooner or later.  Regardless of whether it's a quick pick or they picked the numbers themselves. The higher the jackpot grows the more people play all of whom have the same goal. To win with their ticket. Then again I have heard people say I bought tickets for the lottery I never win anything and I know I'm not going to win this time. I tell these people why do you buy tickets if your attitude toward winning is so negative. Many reply well you just never know i might win. And that's the point exactly somebody is going to win. And you can't win if you don't play.