Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Some information about Powerball

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 12 years ago by twisted.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Fantasy Land
United States
Member #7297
September 29, 2004
80 Posts
Posted: October 4, 2004, 3:59 am - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by twisted on October 03, 2004

Hopefully this information helps someone who knows what to do with the information.

You mean no longer bother trying to pick numbers and instead just do quick pick? ;-)
    twisted's avatar - underground
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #2376
    September 25, 2003
    582 Posts
    Posted: October 4, 2004, 10:21 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by Babel on October 04, 2004

Quote: Originally posted by twisted on October 03, 2004

Hopefully this information helps someone who knows what to do with the information.

You mean no longer bother trying to pick numbers and instead just do quick pick? ;-)

You can say that.  But I was pointing towards the pretest and post test draw results.  Maybe those extra results can help someone.
      RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19826 Posts
      Posted: October 4, 2004, 5:23 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by twisted on October 04, 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Babel on October 04, 2004

You can say that.  But I was pointing towards the pretest and post test draw results.  Maybe those extra results can help someone.

I think you both are right.  Some players after seeing the effort taken to might sure each drawing is truly random, might say QP's are as good as anything I might pick, while other system players like myself that look for the most common profile among random picks rather than a trend might find that information helpful.  If PowerBall rolls over this Wednesday to over $200M, a lot of system players will be looking for all kind of information about previous drawings and spending a little extra to test their systems.  Good luck to you both if you play.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Fantasy Land
        United States
        Member #7297
        September 29, 2004
        80 Posts
        Posted: October 4, 2004, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I must have glazed over the part where they offer the results of the test draws. My thinking was that if they do all these test draws then any system you come up with couldn't possibly predict any current streaks because you are only seeing 1/5th of the results. But with all the extra information you now have you are certainly more well armed. I might even try working out my own system and giving it a try. It certainly couldn't be any worse then the luck I've had with quickpicks, which is no luck at all.

One thing frustrating me with quickpicks is that on my $5 ticket which is what I get when the jackpot gets this high I will frequently get multiples of a particular powerball. Which annoys me and makes me question the quality of the randomness of Oregon lotteries RNG. Of the 9 $5 quick pick tickets I can find around the house 4 of them have repeated PBs. 44% of the tickets when each ticket only represents 12% of possible PB numbers (5 of 42).

Anyone got any websites or good books they could recommend on the basic strategies of guessing lottery results? I don't even know were to begin.

Lakewood
          United States
          Member #7327
          September 30, 2004
          92 Posts
          Posted: October 4, 2004, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I have many thing to say about the security of powerball,megamillions,and lotto drawings.

This is a fact. My friend used to work at one of the lottery departments where they choose the numbers.

Here it goes, I will  probably be killed for this. yet o well.

I do not care to hear any ridiculious feedback, claiming I am a liar, or anything of the such. I am not beside myself.

So having known someone who worked for the Lottery Commision And who assisted regually with the machines that RANDOMLY give the numbers. God they will kill me for this I am sure.

A question for everyone! Has anyone actually seen an airing of the lottery drawing? Are you aware it can take up to 2 weeks for clearance for anyone to be there and watch the drawing? does anyone here really think that the live PERFORMANCE that you see aired on TELEVISION is the first drawing that those machines performed.

Here is the kicker, the Lottery devision each drawing must perform a lottery drawing, a sort of pretend one. 1) to make sure that the machines are working properly, 2) to make sure the balls are working properly, 3) a sort of reheasal.

We wont go into all the reasons why, we can but we wont!

Now what would you think if I were to inform that the lottery machines prior to the one you see on television or sometimes not seen on television at all. Because of so-called BUDGETS CUTS. get real!

I was just talking to the Lottery commissioner yesterday in person, she still believes this nonsense about BUDGET cuts. For airing it nightly. I keep wondering to myself, since my friend worked there for 5 years, How much garbage does one

have to dish out! before they start to believe it themselves?

After hearing that they run the rehearsal drawings, UP TO 22 times before the drawing that you may or may not see aired on television, because of BUDGET cuts, I changed my whole concept of the Lottery commision sercurity Department and their so called HONEST personal.

yes its true. No I wont prove it.

you have to take my word on it

I was then tolded by my friend, these words

You dont think the one you see on television is the first drawing do you?

We have run that machine up to 22 times before we got the one suited

So get this, she says they have run that machine up to 22 times. I am then wist away to 1980 and the beautiful lovely HONEST folks who ran the lottery in Philadephia, 666 if you dont know what I am talking about i will explain briefly.

There was once a rigged lottery in the united states that caused the security crack-down that we think is in place today.

These trusting lovely Honest folks who ran the lottery back when, took everyones money, they say for a joke, filled the balls with white paint with hyperdymic needles,into a very small hole almost not seen bye the eyes,that is used to pump air into the ball, this white paint then weighed some of the balls down, they only weighed down the 4`s and the 6`s, for a nice game of pick 3.

By the way this is not new news, I am sharing it for you newbees.

Then after everything was set. these nice Honest lottery folks/people sent out men to these already predetermined retailed stores and laid thousands of dollars at several stores on different combinations of 4`s and 6`s, the result 666 came up.

Millions were about to be paid out, to a certain group of men, who of course were connected with the lottery commision and the tv station that ran the television airing. Even the nice Honest Host was involved. again this is not new news, it is known all over the country, THIS COUNTRY

Yet someone at a retail store thought it odd, the about of money that was being bet, on 6`s and 4`s and somehow an investigation was launch, thus the reason for the security that we know today, involving the lottery.

Now my question is, I can understand that you would LOVE to win so that you can save your loved one from some horrible desease, that without a win, may die, or you may just dream of a better life.

Yet have you ever known of anyone who worked for the commision?

I have and here is a question for you to ponder!

Do you really TRUST your government so much that you dont think that it could not be happening again, right now. A few years have passed since 1980, and a few new high-tch tricks we dont always know about.

Now I heard this first hand from her that worked there with those nice Honest people and monitored the little white balls & machines that we all dream of displaying our number picks.

THEY the nice HONEST folks in a ROOM where no one else can see but 3 individuals and a good ol sherriff named Frank, or is it Prank, who of course are so honest with MILLIONS of American dollars, you can bet that a thought would never ever go through their minds of POSSIBLY being dishonest, after all, these people work for the government. They have got to be more Honest than the rest of us right?

They have to be HONEST right!? They would never think up someway to rip off hard working lottery players, airing the losing TAPED video of the losing draw, rather than one that possibly had your picks on them on the first take.

I mean Briteny spears has to edit her music tracks up to 30 times ,so it seems flawless, maybe i used the wrong person here? lol

Anyhow 22 times sure seemed a lot to me for a lottery machine rehearsal, what do you think?

I am not sure if you are aware of this, yet do you know that the lottery commision knows every single combination that we all have chosen prior to the drawing, are you aware they have a machine that tallies up every dollars spent, and every combination in a very high-tech machine and these numbers are tallied up within LIGHTNING speed, the milisecond that you have that clerk at the store feed your card into that cool machine on his counter, its in there. They've got your number buddy! 

The moment that the machine takes in your ticket, it sends that combination back to a central computer, similair to the one in brussles belgium, that tallies up every cent,dollar,yen,british pound and every other coin and dollars spent, in the world! it does this on a second by second basic, throughout the entire world, this fancy hightech machine is the fastest and most intelligent machine in the world for counting up money.

We are approching a time in our country where technology is so fast, it could do a quick editing job before your very eyes,Remember i told you that the television personaliy host was even involved in the "hmm,Hmm Joke" of 1980 you would think nothing took place at all.

Remote control, are you aware that these lottery machines are controlled, like a lot of HOLLYWOOD gadgets are and or can be controlled by remote control, even from out in a parking lot 100 feet a way. For what purpose I am not sure, even the makers of these machines have to sign a contract to never devulge certain things about them.

Have you ever noticed that after somone lets the cat out of the bag as I am, that a few will come in like a bunch of intellectuals and say, you are beside yourself, the lottery is the most secured of all things, you are and idiot!

o well, ignorance is bliss i guess.

This machine that tallies up all the money in the world in belgium I told you about earlier, It is appropriately called the BEAST, check it out by doing a search on it from your fancy computer their in front of you on your serch engine

The lottery Commision happens to own one of these nice machines, maybe not as high-tech, yet similair manufature and high-tech enough, to know each ticket sale,the amount of people who have 3,4,5 and well maybe a 6 number winner.

The second that a number comes into that computer that has all 6 winning numbers that were drawn earlier in rehearsal they use a differnet one of the 22 TAPED rehearsal drawings, sometimes just changing one number from 34 to 35, or a few other tricks they know.

At least thats what I was told, Now I can believer her, or you?

I am sure there will be a few who will challege this, and say she was a agry woman who was fired , bla bla bla, ok believe what you want.

Would'nt it be nice if THEY just ran the machine once, and let it be at that?

I mean really wouldn't it? 

And lastly

I once knew all the numbers, on january 9th only to have them come up on jan 10th the VERY next night in Lotto instead of Mega which I played them in, the very next night when I didnt play.

Has that ever happened to you,?

I wonder if that fancy hightech machine knew that I had chosen those numbers the night before? And didnt Play!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: October 4, 2004, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Twisted, great info... why didn't they just put that info up there with a normal link?

hopefully something usefull can be extracted from that hidden page. Thanks again.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: October 5, 2004, 4:03 am - IP Logged

When the pre-draw and post-draw tests are added, the number of samples are increased from 208 to 1248 drawings. 

RJOh

Evil Looking       

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                Member #4416
                April 22, 2004
                1075 Posts
                Posted: October 5, 2004, 5:55 am - IP Logged

Now that all the secret data is available, we should see our first PowerBall winner here at Lottery Post within the next few draws.

Good luck,

aye'

Greenwich, CT
                  United States
                  Member #4793
                  May 24, 2004
                  1822 Posts
                  Posted: October 5, 2004, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Oh geez, if that's not a hidden page they're forced to disclose by law, I don't know what is!  I would've never known to click on the red dot, font size 2.  Ugh, now I'm more confused than ever...there's so much analysis you could do with that page...or you could just be happy with the 208 draws that everyone knows about and go about your life.  Hmmmm 

twisted's avatar - underground
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #2376
                    September 25, 2003
                    582 Posts
                    Posted: October 5, 2004, 8:52 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on October 05, 2004

When the pre-draw and post-draw tests are added, the number of samples are increased from 208 to 1248 drawings. 

RJOh

That is a substantial amount of "extra" information.  Now someone from the LP, please win the Jackpot.
                      Greenwich, CT
                      United States
                      Member #4793
                      May 24, 2004
                      1822 Posts
                      Posted: October 5, 2004, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Yes, yes, I've made my decision...I cannot just ignore the information from the pre and post draws.  I will be using that info. from now on.

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                        United States
                        Member #6519
                        August 26, 2004
                        192 Posts
                        Posted: October 5, 2004, 10:25 am - IP Logged

You seem to be trying to give some sort of tutorial on the honesty of the lottery but to me it seems to be much too vague and filled with far too many protestations alluding to its honesty and the gullibility of the readers.  You knew a guy who worked for the lottery and that's all the info he could provide you.  The only provable facts-I'll accept them as provable-concern a Philadelphia drawing which obviously would be pubic info and so it doesn't amount to any inside info.  Give us some specific facts instead of rehashing what amounts to the question.."do you fools really believe this is on  the up and up?"  Do a Joe Friday..."just the facts sir, just the facts."  Next, It galls me to hear someone refer to the Govt, as in your question-Do you really TRUST the Government.  Hey, the government doesn't do anything...it can't.  People do things. People who work in government, not the government.  But people who refer to the government trying to give the impression that they are very learned are just merely psuedo know-it-alls who usually know very little.  Now let's get on to the lottery.  First of all, I've always been very suspicious of the manner in which the lottery is run.  When the powerball jackpot gets over $100 mil and I see people lined up to buy tickets, I find it hard to believe that only $25 to $30 mil of tickets are sold as claimed by the lottery commission.(I called them and that's what they told me).  Next, the fact that even though each lottery terminal is supposed to be independent of all others in the dispensing of QP numbers and accepting a player's own picks...the numbers played are immediately reported to the central computer and that bothers me.  The computer knows every possible winning combo at all times, and that leaves the whole system open to fraud.  Fraud not on the part of the government, not on the part of the lottery commission...but fraud on the part of certain INDIVIDUALS who may be in a position to influence the choice of numbers.  Only a few.  Let me put it this way...I often hear individuals who hold themselves out as experts say that the stock market is not under any groups control because it is much too big for that,  I say it is just the other way around...its too big and would provide such power not to be under some groups control.  The PB isn't that big, but its big.  So you aren't revealing any monumental secret revelation about the hanky-panky at the lottery, many have doubts about the way they are managed.  But give us some facts instead of talking down to us.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19826 Posts
                          Posted: October 5, 2004, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Take care when using the pre-draw and post-draw data, the data for 08/18/04 doesn't agree with the winning drawings data.  One sheet shows  35 40 42 33 31 +40 as the winning drawing and the other show 02 14 27 31 36 +09 as the winning drawings. I think 08/18/04 was confused with 08/21/04.  There may be more errors on that sheet, you will have to check the two lists with each other to find them.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

Greenwich, CT
                            United States
                            Member #4793
                            May 24, 2004
                            1822 Posts
                            Posted: October 5, 2004, 10:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks, RJOh.  Does anyone know if there are similar draw procedures for MM, and if they post the list?

Lakewood
                              United States
                              Member #7327
                              September 30, 2004
                              92 Posts
                              Posted: October 6, 2004, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Message for Pigskin

ok here is some proof, go play the numbers 1-2-3-4-5-6 on one square and then on another square on the same ticket ask the clerk to make that one a QP this should cost you a couple bucks

then play the numbers 22-25-27-29-30-32 and ask the clerk for one QP on the same ticket with that number 22-25-27-29-30-32

when you are finsihed you should have 2 tickets, one with your 123456 and a QP

and another ticket with 22-25-27-29-30-32 and a QP on that ticket,

total cost should be 4 dollars, this should give you some proof

let me know the results of the QP of both

post them on here please

ty Alonzo