Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Some information about Powerball

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 12 years ago by twisted.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Morrison, IL
United States
Member #4657
May 13, 2004
1884 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2004, 6:29 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by biglooooser on October 08, 2004

the lottery people hhave every lottery drawing, most recently every tape of their rehearsals, they can simple go to the archives, pull up the tape, change a number and presto, sorry no winner tonight, and the jackpot climbs to 200 million.

only when they allow you to win can you win.

It is sort of a way we all pay volontary TAXES TO THE GOV

Well, if the lotteries are rigging the drawings so there's no jackpot winner, then why have both the Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots been relatively low over the past five months until this Powerball run?
    rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
    Member #567
    August 14, 2002
    482 Posts
    Posted: October 10, 2004, 2:42 am - IP Logged

The irony of all this is ......

People on this lottery post spend HOURS upon HOURS trying to figure out numbers to select for upcoming drawings, but every month, someone wins the jackpot off a quick pick.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: October 10, 2004, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Bertil,

I keep my own stats for PB in an excel sheet, a simple series of countif() functions are all you need to obtain your own frequency data, by selecting the ranges, you can get this data overall (as posted on the PB site) and by position.

my newest sheet is frequency by date... shows the climb of frequencies with each draw with a rolling count... sort of a scrapbook of where frequency data was when a certain draw went off, hasn't really helped in getting any closer to winning, but it is interesting to see the data unfold... again, simple autofill countifsdo the job.

excel makes it easy to generate tons of data, it's the proper interpretation of it that seems to be elusive.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: October 10, 2004, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Biglooser how do you know that the pre draws are taped. I thought that when we see the live drawings that this is the drawing that is taking place in real time called live feed. And it's the one that's being watched by the general public and recorded by the lottery independent auditors and independent witness. Also one of the assistant director is involved in the process. In order for they them to pull off what you said would mean the whole lottery system is corrupt. And we are merrily observers in what otherwise could be the biggest scandal of this century. I know the government is pretty powerful but do they really need to do such a thing when in fact the whole lottery system was created so we wouldn't be taxed so much and the proceeds would go to help individual states general funds.   

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
          LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2004, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Due to everything that I have ever seen, read and heard, I have come to believe that the truth is stranger than fiction as the saying goes, take the Kennedy case, Who was involved in his death?(everybody?What about the secret service among so many others and everybody else?), it might be more proper to ask, Who wasn't involved in his death? (nobody?), Who had the most to gain? (everybody? and  LBJ?)

Government officials never do anything wrong, including president Clinton, Bush and all the others and that also goes for vicepresidents, senators (Kennedy), congressmen, lottery directors and Generals (Patton), they are all angels (fallen?).

Never mind anything that I said, all is fiction and not true, I must be hallucinating or something.

To see and not to "see" and to hear and not to "hear".

What is the truth? The truth is whatever the goverment tells you that it is.

And that's it period, no mas, finito. Voila!

Enough said.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

urbossmanpimpin's avatar - batman49
            Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #7272
            September 28, 2004
            179 Posts
            Posted: October 14, 2004, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Bigloooser you said that there were somethings that you were gonna show us with the balls changing and stuff.......... show me!

I don't think that I will stop playing but I will def limit the amount that I play after reading all of this. I'm not sayin its tru and I'm not saying that its not tru but it does make you think about the validity of the lottery system......especially after I took your lil test with the 123....and the QP.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
              Member #4416
              April 22, 2004
              1075 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2004, 3:29 am - IP Logged

I just thought I'd revisit this topic to see if anyone has benefited from the information on the pre- and post- test draws. Has anyone increased their winnings by making use of that formerly secret data? Is anyone any closer to winning a PowerBall jackpot by using those results?

aye'

Dalzell, SC
                United States
                Member #6821
                September 10, 2004
                3 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2004, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I know I haven't benefitted from it. But it does confirm my first suspicions that there were several machines being used and that they were being rotated. I didn't know about the ball sets being rotated as well.

I look at it like this: If people are being successful utilizing just one fifth of the total amount of the draws, then more information on how the machines randomly pull up the numbers can't hurt and should make for more successes. I think we will be seeing more winners on Powerball probably by Thanksgiving (meaning lower total jackpots). Someone will come up with a wheel based on these new figures and hopefully will share their info with the rest of us.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2004, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

very good observation.

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1610
                    June 3, 2003
                    668 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2004, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Some great information here...it just reaffirms my desire to see that we keep the numbered balls and the mechanical draw machines instead of rng computerized draws. Rotating machines and ball sets just makes me more confident that the  lottery is being run right and doing it's best to produce random and fair draws. Glad to hear about the drawings being open to the public for viewing. Living not too far from Des Moines and Iowa City, I might just go ahead and ask to observe one of those draws sometime... "Sounds like fun!!" Based on the great info in Twisted's original post, it truly appears that MUSL is doing a stellar job.

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
                      rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
                      Member #567
                      August 14, 2002
                      482 Posts
                      Posted: October 24, 2004, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Powerball winner from Omaha, NE buys winning ticket for $14 million jackpot in Carter Lake, IA. She usually picks her own numbers, but for that drawing, the winning ticket was an easy pick.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2004, 3:13 am - IP Logged

i actually wonder if maybe they do those test drawings to make sure that numbers from past drawings don't show up.....and i also wondered if they chose which results they wanted to use out of these five test drawings they do and choose the one that fits the mold of what they want......

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8360 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2004, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Lottomike powerball and megamillions was initially set up because the people in America wanted a game who's jackpots would grow from draw to draw. So they put it together. After some time the people complained that the pots weren't big enough so they changed the game to favor bigger pots by changing the game (added more balls) the odds were also increased. The people were satisfied once again that the pots were growing. As the popularity of the games grew so did the amount of players. So in fact the more people that play the bigger the chance someone might hit. Both these lotteries are ran under the strictest of security measures they don't need to fool or trick the people. They don't need to rip people off they make plenty of profit off of the game as it is because the more people play the more they make.

Now a lot of people want a game with even bigger jackpot prizes. Which in turn might cause them to add more balls and increase the odds to an even greater level? Making the game even harder to win. For as many people who want bigger jackpots twice that many think because they didn't win there must be something fishy about the games. The people will never be satisfied no matter what the lottery does to try and make the people happy. It a game of chance like throwing a dart at a dart board with your eyes closed and trying to hit a bulls eye. Or fishing in a large area with only one fish you might get lucky and catch it, or you might not.

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: November 24, 2004, 11:59 am - IP Logged

i think you raised a good question i'm gonna make a topic out of this...

Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2004, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

this is what i love about this forum is the ability of all of us to talk about a subject then through that conversation we manage to dventually bring ourselves to new questions about things that we would want to know others opinions about........